Black or white armour backing?

Jedxh

Inside the armor it really doesn't matter as long as it can't be seen from the outside. Some use a tray sealer spray paint on Jim's armor to cover any loose fibreglass.

You can just see behind the abdomen white inside 

rJYQ55l.jpg.a22fcafdbbb506c6abf6f5374f539849.jpg

Inside the armor it really doesn't matter as long as it can't be seen from the outside. Some use a tray sealer spray paint on Jim's armor to cover any loose fibreglass.

You can just see behind the abdomen white inside 
rJYQ55l.jpg.a22fcafdbbb506c6abf6f5374f539849.jpg
Cheers for that, accuracy wise I'll go with the white in that case.

Was thinking of using Rustoleum leak seal as its less than 20 per can, wouldn't have a clue how many to get so I'll "buy as I go", especially considering it's one-day delivery via Amazon

• Like 1

One thing to consider with the plastidip spray is that if you spray it on at the beginning, you will need to sand it off in areas where strapping will be attached.
Yessir, my plan is to spray the non-strapped parts first, then do the rest once any strapping and whatnot is done.
  • Like 1

For the inside of the bucket the vast majority who spray theirs go with black.  The reason being is that it makes it less easy for younglings to look up and see inside.  I also wear a black balaclava to cover any skin.

• Like 2

The actual suits have the white pigment cast into them, so they're white on the inside. Most of us spray our helmet interiors black and truck bedliner is a personal favorite choice. I've never understood why anyone uses Plastidip, as it is intended to peel off. I think it's just a hold over from the days when people used to use the stuff in a can and cheesecloth to reinforce their armor. 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

I think, what ever you choose to use in lining your helmet, it makes a difference.

The internal becomes a personal thing with some adding 3D printed pieces emulating air filtration systems and the like, others just the black-out, and some go full electronics in the way of hearing/ mic and fan systems.

What ever you fancy, there are plenty of options available, so plan out what suits you and your vision and go for it.