TKMC INTRO

TKMC

New Cannon Fodder - HI there

TKMC  

Hi Yall,

A quick note to say hi there. I’m not sure if I need a build thread in White armour or one in Redback garrison.
Looking forward to making your acquaintances in due course. I’ve been a fan of the 501st for many years and attended many events and fund raises such as 2017 Galactic Empire Charity Ball, in 2017, Dreamworld over the years or more recently the 1st Regiment Royal Australian Artillery event at Brisbane City Hall. I have been a keen follower of the 501st collective work over the years.
Have started to build a TK ANH stunt, and spent most of my time researching, buying supplies and attempting to learn a new skill from scratch.  Measure twice, cut tomorrow has been the motto so far, with first cut reluctance broken, I’ve started on the hand guards.
Kind Regards

IMG_9631.jpeg

• Like 4

Welcome to the forums, Philip!  Now that you've made that first cut there's no turning back, lol.  In addition to research, be sure to ask lots (and lots) of questions and post up plenty of photos (we LOVE photos)!

We are here to help every step of the way, so never be shy about hitting us up if we can assist you in any way.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!  :popcorn:

Hello and welcome aboard, you are welcome to post builds on both Redbacks and here if you wish too, entirely up to you. Getting feedback is a great way to know you are on the right track, there are members on the forums most times of the days and ready to offer advice

Some great links in this thread you may find helpful

Good luck with the build 

Hi Philip, welcome to FISD!

we have plenty of local support both on the GC and in Brisbane as well as here on the forums so you won’t have a shortage of members to turn to for assistance.

If you put a build thread on the RGB forums, you can also copy paste it here to, photos of your progress and possible issues make it a lot easier for everyone to get the best solutions to you.

Also as Joseph mentioned, ask as many questions as you need, we are all here to help in every way we can.

I will no doubt see you on a troop or two in the future.

Hello and welcome to the FISD Philip! :jc_doublethumbup: Great to see that you've done your research and printed out the CRL! A build thread on here would be awesome since we always have someone online that can help you if you are even a tiny bit clueless! We have higher levels of armor approval such as Expert Infantry and Centurion, both of which are easiest to achieve if you build the kit with those higher standards in mind, rather than trying to achieve them after you've built your costume!

Of course, achieving Expert Infantry or Centurion is not by any means necessary, but they do help your armor to look fantastic!

Also, seeing that you are posting images directly into your posts, you'll soon run out of your allocated memory for images - so starting to use Imgur for posting images would be ideal going forward! Here is a nice tutorial on that!

Again, welcome and good luck on your continued journey!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:15 PM, Nairy said:

Hello and welcome to the FISD Philip! :jc_doublethumbup: Great to see that you've done your research and printed out the CRL! A build thread on here would be awesome since we always have someone online that can help you if you are even a tiny bit clueless! We have higher levels of armor approval such as Expert Infantry and Centurion, both of which are easiest to achieve if you build the kit with those higher standards in mind, rather than trying to achieve them after you've built your costume!

Of course, achieving Expert Infantry or Centurion is not by any means necessary, but they do help your armor to look fantastic!

Also, seeing that you are posting images directly into your posts, you'll soon run out of your allocated memory for images - so starting to use Imgur for posting images would be ideal going forward! Here is a nice tutorial on that!

Again, welcome and good luck on your continued journey!

Thanks, 

I was not aware of a size limit on images - which makes sense. On reading the specs and post on IMGUR I found I could not download that particular programme for my region. Found a photo pad by NCH software - guessing the main aim is to reduce file size of the images before uploading. thanks again.

Just now, TKMC said:

Thanks, 

I was not aware of a size limit on images - which makes sense. On reading the specs and post on IMGUR I found I could not download that particular programme for my region. Found a photo pad by NCH software - guessing the main aim is to reduce file size of the images before uploading. thanks again.

You don't need to download a program or software for Imgur, you can upload directly to their server once you register. You can adjust sizing with somethings as simple as Windows Paint, if on mobile there are lots of free apps that can do the same. IMGUR is just the host for your images, you shouldn't even need to reduce the size of your images, I've never had an issue.

There are other image hosts out there too, https://www.flickr.com/ is just one

I think I know what you mean.

Though I managed to sign in and load up images to IMGUR  -I feel like a total NOOB - Hardly started my build and struggling with the forum -

I started a new build thread and I think I’ve connected the images incorrectly and used up close to my data allowance already. Can I delete and or start all over. Can’t see how. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TKMC said:

I think I know what you mean.

Though I managed to sign in and load up images to IMGUR  -I feel like a total NOOB - Hardly started my build and struggling with the forum -

I started a new build thread and I think I’ve connected the images incorrectly and used up close to my data allowance already. Can I delete and or start all over. Can’t see how. 

It can be quite daunting, there is a lot of information on these forums and a lot to read. Never feel bad for asking a question, we've all been there before :duim:

Imgur offers plenty of space for photos so you should be fine. It's only the forum which only allows a certain amount of attachments, image links you can add as many as you like