New from North Texas

BallpointZen

Welcome to the FISD Mark!  Nothing quite like opening up that box like a kid at Christmas (like today) but then realizing "Oh crap.. I gotta' put this thing together"!  Not to worry, because we have your back.

I always highly suggest starting a build thread here.  That way you can ask all the questions your heart desires and post up lots of photos of your progress (we LOVE photos)!

Posting pics is especially important when you have an issue.  Sometimes a description just isn't enough, so being able to see it will help us help you.  I have a thread here which will get you started.

If I can offer a few tips:

Take..... your..... time.  Rushing leads to mistakes.  Trust me on this one.  ;)

Measure twice (or 3 times) before cutting or gluing.  When in doubt, ask.

Have all your supplies in order before starting.

Check your references in the CRLs often.  This thread may also help.

Looking forward to seeing your build, and have fun with it!

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing a build thread soon. Here's another great thread full of information 

Gallery area here, full of reference material 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/ 

Thank you all for the welcomes. And yeah, I just went through this past weekend and laid all the pieces out on the floor. I stood there for a good full minute starring at this pile of while plastic in wonder and fear.

Luckily, my local garrison is having an Armor Party in a couple of weeks so I am going to take it over and have experienced eyes help me figure out what is what.

Edited by BallpointZen

12 minutes ago, BallpointZen said:

Luckily, my local garrison is having an Armor Party in a couple of weeks so I am going to take it over and have experienced eyes help me figure out what is what.

Its amazing how much you can pick up at armor workshops, hopefully it gets you moving in the right direction 

• 1 month later...

Hello and welcome Mark! Have you had that first armor party yet? Excited to check in how you're feeling about everything! :D 

• 1 month later...

Hello all! Sorry for going radio silent for a while but life has been a little hectic. I have been doing some trimming and will be trying to get the legs trimmed to a glueable point this weekend. When I work on that I will take photos and post an update. 

I do have a question right now though. I need to order my belt, paint for the buttons, and a rigging kit. I know there are Etsy people who sell all these items but I am curious if anyone knows if any of these sellers are also members. I would prefer to get stuff from fellow troopers versus big businesses. Can anyone recommend? 

Thanks and I will post an update this weekend with photos of my trimming and the bits/bobs I have so far.