Is this armor package a good place to start building my suit

Harbor41

5 hours ago, Harbor41 said:

Hi Jason, Welcome to FISD.

Please , take a read to the bellow threads. Research is the clue to take the best decision  :salute:

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum Jason, glad to have you here! I really recommend reading the lists that Mario posted! You'll find the makers that you should avoid and the makers that give you your moneys worth! I guess it is the ANH Stunt that you are interested in getting? The toughest choice is usually to decice which one you want! :peace:

• Like 1

Wisdom has been shared by Mario and Jonatan, Jason. Check out those threads and then let us know how we can continue to assist you on your journey! Based on the Etsy link you posted, it sounds like you might be on a budget like I was, in which case I'll go ahead and share that MTK is likely the most affordable producer on the vendor list.

Used to live in Amarillo myself, and have family in DFW and San Antonio. =)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Harbor41 said:

Thin, recast rubbish. You get what you pay for in this hobby and research is absolutely key, so at least you're asking questions in the right place. Have a look at the links provided to steer you right and stay off Etsy and eBay.

• Like 2

First off, Welcome to FISD Jason. You've come to the right place to get answers to your questions.

I will echo what everyone above has said. As someone that made mistakes when he started in 2019 because he didn't know where to look and bought armor that really wasn't best for him, do ask lots of questions!

I'm a bigger dude (6'2" 275lbs) and most of the armor isn't make for me. The original actors averaged about 5' 10" and 170lbs (or so I'm told). So the original armor and what most makers imitate (we strive for screen accuracy) is for a person of that size. So if you are bigger or smaller, you need to look at who may make a bigger/small set, or what you may need to do to size the armor to fit you best.

As Glen said, you get what you pay for. Do the research, ask the questions, check with members in your local area to see their armor (and maybe try some of it on), to get as much info as you can.

And please remember to ask questions here, the forum is very active and you will get lots (sometime more than you'd like) feedback.

Best luck on your journey to join us!