Questions about Bying TK Armor

There are several makers that are significantly higher quality and accuracy for the price. I would not recommend Shepperton, and you can take all the bunk about them being "original" and chuck it out the window.

The more research you do, the happier you will be with your final purchase! Please read through the link and subforum Glen linked above.

SDS does take some work, have a read through Helotech's build one of the better ones for SDS I've seen

This link should help you with anything else you may need 

Hey Robert,

Thanks for another referral Glen! :)

I purchased the SDS almost 4 years ago and brought it to Centurion standard fairly fast. It does take some work, but really wasn't that hard and I like the quality.

When I compared my armor to some other TK's at troops mine seemed a bit "better". Not sure why, but of course I'm biased. I even had those TK's comment on how nice mine is. I do like the color better on my armor as it is a very light cream color, like the original TK's rather than a stark pure white.

SDS is pricey, but after looking at other peoples builds it did seem like mine was actually less work, especially if you are only going for basic approval.

It is all pre-trimmed and assembled of course, so if you are not a "typical stormtrooper size" of somewhere around 5' 8" to 6'. and around the 180lb +/- range, it may not be for you. There is definitely some wiggle room where you can take apart the armor pieces and reglue to your own size. But this is true of any manufacturer.

Some manufacturers sell there armor in various sizes to accommodate taller / shorter / skinnier / beefier body types.

Other makers have you cut their armor pieces out of vacu-formed sheets and that can be allot of work.

Some people get caught up in the whole SDS court drama , but that never bothered me. I didn't know about it until after I had the armor shipped to me. It's your choice to research it and decide.

If you have any questions the network here is great! The forums can be daunting as there is SOOOOOO much info, so start saving links (like those above) in a build folder on you computer.

If you need anything specific, don't hesitate to message myself or anyone else.

Good luck, and have fun!!!!!

Dave

• Like 2