TK speaker?

Olmota

Hey what's up? What are the best options for a TK speaker? I'd like to have that nice clicking sound after I said something and push to talk would be nice too. 

Maybe even some sound effects like " those aren't the droids we're looking for" 

Thank you 

Aker amp with a static burst Icomm unit. If you wanted specific phrases you'd need an mp3 player and finger switches, I have finger.remote switches for my Mandalorian costume.

https://voicebooster.com/products/icomm-imperial-communication-system

Lots of TK.sound files out there 

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/stormtrooper_sounds

I have the iComm and then the Stormtrooper Audio System from ukswrath where the mic tips are the speakers! Everything fits inside the helmet and makes for a very convenient solution!

Tramp (Trooper Amp) is also an option if you want the fancy features. 

If budget is an issue though just an Aker and a mic goes a long way. I found the clicks annoying and the speaker on its own though not perfect is pretty good. 

7 hours ago, Nairy said:

I have the iComm and then the Stormtrooper Audio System from ukswrath where the mic tips are the speakers! Everything fits inside the helmet and makes for a very convenient solution!

How do those mic tip speakers sound? 

8 hours ago, Armor9 said:

I use this system as well. They are not as loud as the Tramp or Aker amps but do give decent volume. I find you can’t run them at 100% volume or you get feedback because the hovi tips are fairly close to the speaker. 
‘I used mine in a santa clause parade last year and had an mp3 player connected playing carol of the bells version of the imperial March and it was plenty loud enough. 

12 hours ago, Armor9 said:

4 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

I use this system as well. They are not as loud as the Tramp or Aker amps but do give decent volume. I find you can’t run them at 100% volume or you get feedback because the hovi tips are fairly close to the speaker. 
‘I used mine in a santa clause parade last year and had an mp3 player connected playing carol of the bells version of the imperial March and it was plenty loud enough. 

The feedback depends on what mic you use, and I can turn up my volume to the max, because I have a mic from an old headset that I've used to game with, and it has a puffy thing so it doesn't bleed into the mic again! I've struggled with feedback before but changing the mic did the trick for me! I also used some pipe unsulation tape inside the helmet to help a little bit with the sound - but I doubt that this did anything really, I just think the mic was the big thing! On my troops I've been able to be super loud compared to other troopers but that doesn't speak for the technology they are using! I definitely recommend what I'm using though! Just use a different mic and the feedback shouldn't be an issue and you can turn up the volume so loud that your ears bleed :jc_doublethumbup:

https://imgur.com/a/SlkUJLf Here are a few clips from the Mandalorian premiere here in Sweden, we didn't want to scare the people coming to the event so it is set on a medium to low level, perfect for people to hearing "something" in the distance, and when they're talking to you it is perfectly fine!

20 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Aker amp with a static burst Icomm unit. If you wanted specific phrases you'd need an mp3 player and finger switches, I have finger.remote switches for my Mandalorian costume.

https://voicebooster.com/products/icomm-imperial-communication-system

Lots of TK.sound files out there 

https://www.soundboard.com/sb/stormtrooper_sounds

I must know more about finger switches. I've got 1 push to talk that came with @ukswrath . Are you talking about multiple switches? Do you just toggle through the sound bite phrases not knowing what's next? Or do you have a playlist that's memorized? Or one finger switch per phrase?

27 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I must know more about finger switches. I've got 1 push to talk that came with @ukswrath . Are you talking about multiple switches? Do you just toggle through the sound bite phrases not knowing what's next? Or do you have a playlist that's memorized? Or one finger switch per phrase?

I have a playlist that's memorised, 5 phrases, with a "this is the way" in between each, I can cycle through from memory, one switch goes play next, the other switch stop or start, you can press switch multiple times to get to a phrase required or just let it run. Remote finger switches have elastic wrapped around so they stay in position. 

Remote switches are very small without the casings, can't find the exact picture this one is similar. The remote switch is just larger than a cr2032 battery.

433mhz-DC-3-6V-6V-12V-24V-1CH-Mini-Relay

I have 11 buttons and each button can store 3 phrases and you play by memory. I can mix the phrases and replace as many times I want. For example if I want to go FOTK I have phrases for that stored  on the PC and just plug in the soundbord and copy/paste.

https://imgur.com/a/QLuqsfY (this link goes to a video on Imgur, somehow it won’t post directly into this post)

6m5id06.jpg

Edited by TheSwede

13 hours ago, Nairy said:

The feedback depends on what mic you use, and I can turn up my volume to the max, because I have a mic from an old headset that I've used to game with, and it has a puffy thing so it doesn't bleed into the mic again! I've struggled with feedback before but changing the mic did the trick for me!

It's probably due to the microphone pickup pattern rather than the foam, which will help stop things like your breath creating "wind noise".  What you want is a cardioid pattern which picks up mostly to the front, vs other patterns which pick up more from the sides and rear.

10 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

It's probably due to the microphone pickup pattern rather than the foam, which will help stop things like your breath creating "wind noise".  What you want is a cardioid pattern which picks up mostly to the front, vs other patterns which pick up more from the sides and rear.

Yes true I was thinking this as I wrote it, the little mic that your get with the speaker system takes up noise from everywhere pretty much since it is so small, and this mic I'm using is more directed, however I have done tests with and without the puffy material and it does eliminate potential feedback from having the volume very high, and prevents the voice changer from activating on small noises and things (ofc since it breaks up "wind" as you say)!