Hello From Southeast Wisconsin

Hey all,

I just recently got my BBB in from Dave's Darkside Depot so I thought I'd start getting active in the forums. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this armor building but I'm in good hands because I have @SolderMaster to help me through it. 

I'm really jumping into the deep end though, as I'm aiming for Centurion grade straight away. I figure why not put the effort into it. I'm already a nerd, might as well be a mega nerd. 

Can't wait to meet some great people and make some great friends along the way!

• Like 2

Hello and Welcome Brandon.

Indeed, aim high and you will find you actually saved a lot of time (and possible, money) in long term with this hobby.

The key is "research". We have a lot of useful information here on the forum here you may find useful, thanks to the collective wisdom of FISD members.

Have fun and enjoy your build!

• Like 1

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Brandon!  Dave makes an awesome kit, and I'm sure you will be pleased with the quality.  As Arthur mentioned, the key to a successful build is research.  One way to do this is to look over other people's AM build threads.  2 are now in progress and can be found here and here, but there are lots of others.

Fantastic to hear that you are aiming for Centurion right out of the gate!  :jc_doublethumbup:  The best way to achieve this is to start your own build thread.  That way, you can (and should) ask all the questions you want.  Lots and lots of questions.  Posting photos will help immensely, especially if you have an issue.  A few more hints:

Measure twice (or 3 times) before cutting.

If you have an issue, don't just "forge ahead".  Stop and ask for help.  We are here for ya'.

When in doubt, ask for advice before cutting or gluing.  (Trust me on this one).

Posting photos is easy.  I have a tutorial here that will help.

Lastly, take..... your.... time.  Consider your build as a marathon, not a sprint.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome.
Dave does make fantastic kits. I’m currently building mine right now for sure start to build thread so we can help you up. Give you some pointers and answer questions as you go through it there’s a lot of us building these kids right now too so there’s a lot of us who can be able to jump in and share and help out. As well allies a lot of us have built threads you can follow too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, here's a great info thread may help you on your way

Good luck looking forward to seeing the progress

• Like 1

Hello Brandon and welcome to the FISD.  Glad to see you aiming for level 3 centurion right off the bat.  That is what I did and have no regrets. Looking forward to watching your build. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Welcome to the true home of shiny white armor, Brandon!  Dave makes an awesome kit, and I'm sure you will be pleased with the quality.  As Arthur mentioned, the key to a successful build is research.  One way to do this is to look over other people's AM build threads.  2 are now in progress and can be found here and here, but there are lots of others.

Fantastic to hear that you are aiming for Centurion right out of the gate!  :jc_doublethumbup:  The best way to achieve this is to start your own build thread.  That way, you can (and should) ask all the questions you want.  Lots and lots of questions.  Posting photos will help immensely, especially if you have an issue.  A few more hints:

Measure twice (or 3 times) before cutting.

If you have an issue, don't just "forge ahead".  Stop and ask for help.  We are here for ya'.

When in doubt, ask for advice before cutting or gluing.  (Trust me on this one).

Posting photos is easy.  I have a tutorial here that will help.

Lastly, take..... your.... time.  Consider your build as a marathon, not a sprint.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thanks for all the info. Looks like a lot of others are encouraging me to make my own build thread as well so I might just have to do that. 

Thanks for all the info. Looks like a lot of others are encouraging me to make my own build thread as well so I might just have to do that. 

You just made me think of making this meme

b7a04c1910a1f68cde6ea30c866b93e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1