Tell us about your TK suit!  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie is your TK from?

• ANH
    • ESB
    • ROTJ
    • Hybrid

Just curious to see how the mix is.

You need to add one more option. Hybrid. Although I would love to eventually be completely accurate ANH, I currently have a standard FX which is more hybrid then a match to any OT Stormie.

• 1 month later...

I have one of my own ANH suit's,but I also have the parts to convert it to ESB too.I really love the way the ANH suit's look.ROTJ's used to be my favourite's when I first got into making trooper armour,but over time I was drawn to the rugged ANH armour.I prefer my armour to look rough'n'ready just like in the films,with scratches and black scuff marks :P The rougher the better for me,and with white gaffer tape holding it together....ooooooh ;)

You can always compromise and just use flat grey lenses for your hero. Not 100% accurate. If you want, you can just tape them in - use flat when you want visibility, use bubble when you want accuracy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I prefer to style my armor rig in the ANH flavor! I also prefer the look of the stunt helmet because it looks more like a snarl. The hero's frown looks more like a little kid going, "HMMPPH"!! (to me anyway)

ArmorPose3.jpg

Woah! I was surprised by the results of the poll with so many ANH votes. I just joined the Legion one month ago, so I have started with the standard FX. Being a noob without a lot of "hands on" talents, I will need lots of "armor parties" to get up the courage to attempt serious mods. But I can sure see how easy it is to "go deep" into this. I can see the intense satifsfaction you can get by building and trooping in accurate armor. My bucket is tipped towards you guys!!!! :salute:

In this case we're not talking about which armor style (FX vs. TE) but which markings. I'll start another for which armor, should be interesting.

In this case we're not talking about which armor style (FX vs. TE) but which markings. I'll start another for which armor, should be interesting.

Geez... I am really lost here. I think I need to go back to basic training... :unsure:

Geez... I am really lost here. I think I need to go back to basic training... :unsure:

Here is the quick rundown:

ANH is what you see most places: gray mouth, thin lined helmet details and the "normal" hand armor.

ESB were reused ANH sets with: black frown, thicker lined helmet details (and they used stickers), and the snowtrooper hand guards.

ROTJ used recast ESB armor (hence the softness of the edges) with the bottom chest trim added, different button configuration, and a resculpted helmet many have nicknamed droopy or the bulldog helmet.

One tidbit, the ROTJ stormtroopers are technically ANH cannon now. All the CG stormtroopers that were added in the ANH special edition are ROTJ troopers.

Please feel free to add anything I've missed, or anything I've misreported.