Gluing BOTH halves of the thigh/bicep/forearm

While waiting on my RT-Mod to arrive ( :( ) I have been looking at several builds on here/youtube/other sites. Almost all of them talk of gluing one side of the extremity pieces and velcroing the other. It seems to me that if I am a good fit, the thigh/bicep/perhaps forearms could be glued on both sides, leaving the calves velcroed for the passage of feet. Two questions:

-Is this wrong? I'm sure some of you have done this and I am just not finding the build.

-How does one glue them? Both at the same time? Or one side at a time?

Any advise would help. BTW, I was thinking that if I did expand (bodybuilding/food-stuffing) I would use E6000 which seems to allow an eventual separation if coaxed along (or so I have read) and then just insert shims. I would think I would need to remove the velcro glued pieces anyway if I needed to expand.

Thanx in advance :)

I'm a bit tall for a Stormtrooper :blink:

So what I have done is glue the front seams, and added velcro and shims in the back. As I have been on work comp since March I am hoping that after surgery, I will lose the extra weight I have gained.

I have seen that some people will glue the thighs all the way around, as you can step into them, but I think more than anything, its what you are comfortable with. I too used E-6000 and thus far havent had issues.

My 2cents worth.

I only have velcro on the back of my shins, for ease of putting on and taking off, and I have velcro on my forearms because the fit was a bit tight for my comfort. I was a little worried about taking on and off if sweat or heat caused my arms to swell a little.

Up to you. I think 99% of troopers I've met have the biceps glued both sides. I think the majority of people glue the backs of the thighs, but I did not on one of my FX thighs. It's probably best to velcro at first and only glue once you're 100% you have them trimmed/shimmed correctly.

IMPORTANT: once you rip the velcro off it will be slightly smaller in diameter, so if it's already a tight fit it may not fit anymore after you glue the backs. As me how I know!

Glue everything but the backs of the calves. If your armour fits you properly there is no need to use velcro. I mean, your arms and legs just slide into them anyway so why bother with the hassle of velrco? If you cannot get your hands through the arms or your feet through the thighs then you have not assembled your armour correctly.

When I glue each half together, I start by gluing the joining strips with E6000 to the outer halves only and leave them to dry for 24 hours. Next, I glue to front seams only and leave then to dry, again for 24 hours. Then it's time for the back seams, but I leave the calves so that my foot can slip through. If you want to add velcro to the backs of the calves then that's entirely up to you :)

That is just how I do it, others members may do it differently. I think it's best to do one seam at a time so you don't make any mistakes. Make sure you leave some room when trimming the parts too. You don't want to make them tight on your body, slightly loose is better.

Same here

Due to the angle of our feet the only part of the amour we can't 'slip on' is the calf piece

Glue both parts of everything else.

Although it might be a good idea to leave one end un glued during build phase so you can trim them for snug fittings etc.

Everything but the greaves is glued together on my kit. But then again, I'm a little on the thin side, so I can get away with it. I'd recommend trying everything on first just to make sure you can get away w/ gluing stuff together (like the thighs, biceps and so on). If you glue things together, and then find out after that you can't get into it, it's a little late to change your mind. In the end though, it really just depends on what body type you have, and whether you want to allow for, um, expansion, shall we say?

While waiting on my RT-Mod to arrive ( :( ) I have been looking at several builds on here/youtube/other sites. Almost all of them talk of gluing one side of the extremity pieces and velcroing the other. It seems to me that if I am a good fit, the thigh/bicep/perhaps forearms could be glued on both sides, leaving the calves velcroed for the passage of feet. Two questions:

-Is this wrong? I'm sure some of you have done this and I am just not finding the build.

-How does one glue them? Both at the same time? Or one side at a time?

Any advise would help. BTW, I was thinking that if I did expand (bodybuilding/food-stuffing) I would use E6000 which seems to allow an eventual separation if coaxed along (or so I have read) and then just insert shims. I would think I would need to remove the velcro glued pieces anyway if I needed to expand.

Thanx in advance :)

depends on your body structure, and since I am the same size and as tall as a TK so I glued all my stuff except for the backs of my thighs :)