The many appearances of “Mr No Stripes”

(Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum section, but, here we go….)

Hey troopers,

Many of you are probably aware of the infamous “Mr No Stripes”, a trooper well known for being part of the group that stunned Leia in ANH. He delivered the line “She’ll be alright. Inform Lord Vader we have a prisoner”.

c4b49558059f1e0afc4b3237add5fc71.png

Assumed to be a costume error (as they forgot to paint his blue tubestripes), he is now a part of Star Wars history.

After a recent chat with a fellow stormtrooper fan, I decided to have a look and see if our friend Mr No Stripes appears anywhere else in ANH. I knew that he appeared in the blaster fight with Leia and Luke (grapple hook moment), however, I didn’t realise he was also present in the Luke vs Troopers fight following Obi-wan’s departure and a few other shots.

Here’s a few shots of this icon:

b6a54ab6f34dcb13da39da34090c204b.png

aa3699e6d4f261d616e9eb7fd9c7fcec.png

9c1fd2a1730c256ed7026edf733ed88b.png

c5c47622da06349261093f6c1532552c.png

fbe9f4a79e55e0159d24ce3da12992f9.png

68eff57af30587db6ced535e48faf369.png

4573d8e36ad0917d6a3617c59c6f1d77.png

f968d5ed0fe2fd71935310e7f8e7bcd3.png

If you know of any more appearances, do let us know.

Thanks for stopping by.

Best wishes

Dan (CableGuy)

• Like 3

Once upon a time whilst scrolling through the FISD I found this very interesting thread about our beloved Mr No Stripes. Might be worth a read if you like this trooper ^_^

• Like 1

On the other side of the coin, I've always wondered why the number of tube stripes varied so widely,  I wondered at one time if they were symbols of rank, but I'm chalking it down to just one of those "charming" inconsistencies.

11                                                                           12                                                            13                                                             15

J7KxqAF.jpg?1 7tA4qQe.jpg?1   EvBsQug.jpg?1  SwM7UsG.jpg?2

e5vUayx.jpg?1     

• Like 2

The Mr No Stripes conversation comes up from time to time, he did get around but then I guess most of the costumes did with only so many costumes on hand

Here's an old thread from back in 2007 noting some of "Mr No Stripes" appearances https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12-armor-trivia/page/7/#comment-11158

Former DL Terrell RIP @SuperTrooper

"I'm still surprised no one has tried it with Mr. No Stripes. He is in the movie, promo poster, action figure photo, and the original action figures had no stripes either."

And

"I understand bloopers don't count, but Mr. No Stripes was not a background trooper, had quite a bit of screen time in multiple scenes, and was used in a promo poster. As a rule of thumb, promo posters tend to be perfect."

Here's another thread on "Mr No Stripes" to consider for basic approval from 2008 https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/2664-mr-no-stripes-and-basic-standards/

• Like 1

Dan - I'm surprised you haven't yet replicated a Mr. No Stripes bucket HDPE style with weathering and appropriately matching trimming/sanding. Next on your list, right, with the trooper with the best imagery? :laugh1:

• Like 1

Dan - I'm surprised you haven't yet replicated a Mr. No Stripes bucket HDPE style with weathering and appropriately matching trimming/sanding. Next on your list, right, with the trooper with the best imagery? :laugh1:

Haha. Well, my latest build (another mock-HDPE helmet) WAS Mr No Stripes until yesterday. Lol.

668a5fd0a0bc0fb716b84a8c784b3afd.jpg

But I painted the stripes yesterday… :-(

7ed109fa5d1273d11d48c160d77cb528.jpg

Hehe. This is actually based on another ANH trooper, so the marking and weathering are not matched to MNS. I’m just being silly. Hehe
  • Like 2