TKC-69901 Requesting EIB status ( RS Props ) 1010

Ruck

Glad I could be of help (and that's the only seeds I'm planting :laugh1:)

Just one thing, I would glue them on the front: These shall be affixed in the front 

• Like 1

I would like to ask that you look everything over closely as you’re looking at my armor,  save yourself some time and check off all the requirements I need for centurion.  I might as well fix everything now cause as soon as you approve me for EIB  I’m going to be requesting Centurion level.  I’ll follow all the guidelines and requirements of course but like I say as soon as you approve me for EIB I’m going to retake my submission photos for Centurion.  I’m just trying to save us both time as I’m sure you’re all busy this time of year also.  I’m only asking I don’t mean to sound pushy I’m only thinking why waist your time  twice.  

Edited by Ruck
  • Like 1

I had to put a thin spacer in because of the U channel it was too narrow, if I had trimmed the shoulder straps it would have exposed open ends on the sides of the straps. 

Edited by Ruck

• TKSpartan changed the title to TKC-69901 Requesting EIB status ( RS Props )

Hi Scott, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

***************************************************

Starting from top:

It seems like your brow trim is a bit lower than the reference images, we are suggesting to that it be raised a bit to get a better look.

Reference Images

lFUoLjo.jpg?1           iLWnt2c.jpg?1         pSCODxC.jpg?1

Looking at  your ears sides, we note that the black horizontal anchor-like detail on each side of the ear bar could be a bit thicker as in the videogame  references. 

Reference Images

Qh48VDy.jpg?1    lEdTAu1.jpg?2       hOmGfmt.jpg?2   NDusjVx.jpg?1

We're suggesting also to  increase the width of the stripes on the chest  and back plate a bit.

aCNMxkg.jpg?1

bQYcoF7.jpg?1

There is  a small issue on your left forearm.  Note that it rides lower than the right one creating a symmetry issue and making the forearm/wrist conecction to be narrower.  We think it is just a  strapping adjustment,.  Leveling up  the left forearm an inch or so should do the job and you are going to look awesome.

Reference Images

MeMUyFS.jpg?1    dq0zJ40.jpg?1    WGH1pbc.jpg?1

Drop Boxes

CRL The drop boxes… and are aligned with the end of the ammo belt.

This is one of the most common issues we see, but is quite simple to address.  The outer edges of the drop boxes must align with the outer edge of the ABS belt.  Some E-6000 on the inside strap will take care of this.

Reference Image

WL91qld.jpg?1   k2wkfu5.jpg?1                  HwgdH1O.jpg    iDFZOxT.jpg

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The blue stripe detail of your helmet looks perfect in the front, but from the back of the helmet, It needs to continue over edges  the rear traps with a thin raw lines allowing thetrap lines  to be seem in the background as in the references

Before                                     After                                                                                            Reference Images

Y4LsTRY.jpg?1  pqSytOJ.jpg?1       OL0r2dm.jpg?1    EusrQ4e.jpg?1     uaFpPnw.png?1

Crl: The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical…
Moving on the bells of your shoulder, mirroring the left and placing it on the right, there seems to be a difference in shape. You may want to check if they are correct or a cropping correction will be needed.

Reference Images 

sPRn1iD.jpg?1      feHm3bQ.jpg?1   lfNhpVi.jpg?1

AB belt.
Crl:  The soft belt proper is tightly woven nylon/cordura like/style material or material with a tightly woven nylon/cordura like/style covering. Size is 2.25" (57mm) to 2.5" (64mm) wide.
Yours seems to be made from Canvas material as the OT TK’s, and  the it must be   woven nylon or cordura like material . Also the dimensions must be lower that the regular TK’s and must be   between 2.25" to 2.5" wide instead of the  2.75” to 3.25” wide of an OT TK. You will need to address this for Centurion level .

Reference Images

p2qiV8Y.jpg?1      A8HlJBv.jpg?3     cAl3wiB.jpg                                             

Canvas                                                                        Nylon                                                      Cordura 

JqUnDi8.jpg?1             fWRFcuC.jpg?1           PDVOMAa.jpg?1

And that is Trooper,

Although it seems a lot of work ahead, you have shown that you can overcome the challenges and we hope to see your application for Centurion soon.

Congratulations Again!!!  :salute:

• TKSpartan changed the title to TKC-69901 Requesting EIB status ( RS Props ) 1010

Ok, I’ll start working on the adjustments.  Thank you very much.  And thank you for the EIB approval!!!  

On the brow trim I have it glued as high as it will go, will this be an issue? 

The drop boxes do move when I wear the belt on the bench they’re aligned as closely to the very end and line up perfectly until I put the belt on and then they are pushed outward and over.  I will glue them over like suggested but I think they’ll still move.  

On  the arm it is a strapping issue like you suggested, I’ll take care of that.  

Congratulations and welcome to the EI ranks trooper

One other thing I noticed is a couple of your armor pieces have been assembled with the insides over the outside, generally with the "overlap" construction (based on ROTJ) the overlap is outside over inside. This isn't specifically mentioned in the CRL so just a suggestion but it would give a better look to your build

These are just suggestions and not requirements ;) 

Right bicep rear, should both be outside over inside like the left

k0S6kis.jpg.3287e81512052c11a659ef2f9ecb3197.jpg

Shins should be outside over inside

8L1p3LP.thumb.jpg.8415dc1b7a76b6ff29f747c315d1422e.jpg

I’m looking for the 2 1/4” or 2 1/2” wide nylon or cordura belt.  I can’t find that size anywhere.  Do you know where I can get that?  The only one I can find is a 2” or 3” 

1 hour ago, Ruck said:

They had the right size or did you modify it?

Only the length. You could try contacting him via FB as his message limit may be full here.

https://www.facebook.com/castfromoriginal/