Glue or velcro the knee plate and thigh ammo strip.

TK-7060

I've come as far on my armour now that I'm putting on the knee plate and thigh ammo strip.

I'm wondering about how to place them, should I glue them on or should I use velcro?

And with the knee plate, is there any trimmin to be done.

I have the FX kit, and it seems to fit nice on, but as a newbie builder, my eyes can be blind.

I think I will use.... wait for it... rivets for knee and glue for thigh.

Is there a riveting tutorial I might have missed while searching the forum? (Pun intended)

when securing the sniper knee plate, you might wanna consider tilting it forwards, just a little bit, so that it stands out from the shin piece at an angle (but only like 2-3 degrees). That way, you avoid having the plate rubbing against your knee when you walk.

I riveted both the sniper knee and the thigh boxes. Practical and screen accurate. If you can´t find white rivets, you can just cover the rivet head with some Tipp-Ex.

• 2 weeks later...

I am personally having trouble with gluing the thigh strip. There is very little contact area so im having trouble getting the glue to take. Also what method did you use? I have already tried and faield twice at gluing this thing on. Should i glue one end, wait for the glue to set then bend it and glue the other or what? I dont think it will survive another failure.

i used rivets on the right thigh ammo piece... and snaps on the knee piece... although i would definitely recommend rivets for the knee piece... every time i walk one side of the knee piece come off... the snaps are not strong enough... i tried using rivets first and i kinda screwed it up... i ended up with big holes in the plastic...so to fill the holes i used snaps... still a bad idea but it was all i had at the time... I'm thinking about trimming a bit off the bottom of it so it will pull out farther... as it is now it does hit on my thigh piece.. and that is what pops the snap... still tweakeing... good luck man... and take your time...

I am personally having trouble with gluing the thigh strip. There is very little contact area so im having trouble getting the glue to take. Also what method did you use? I have already tried and faield twice at gluing this thing on. Should i glue one end, wait for the glue to set then bend it and glue the other or what? I dont think it will survive another failure.

I glued the center, then one side at a time. Just my 2 cents.

I used screws and velcro for the thigh ammo strip. Two screws (1/8 inch thick, maybe slightly larger SLIGHTLY for a nice tight fit, not sure how long) on either side with a small strip of velcro in the center to keep it from sagging.

I had rivets in my knee plate, but they failed horribly (maybe a poor riveter) so now I have some screws in there as well. Going to be replacing them with the same screws I have my thigh strip.