Good Afternoon 501st!!

Wayne Fike

16 hours ago, swibowoj said:

Hello and Welcome to FISD.

Cautionary note for those who use PLA to 3D print their blasters. One of my garrison member's blaster was displayed on a wall with no direct sunlight. It crumbled like soft biscuits after about two years. He suspect humidity caused this breakdown of material. I think PLA material only best for mae the base mould. 

n9uSYMA.jpgWHMyODS.jpg

WOW I've not encounter this before, I guess time will tell if it becomes and issue for others.

Hello Wayne, 

Welcome to FISD! I really enjoyed your introduction about how you got here. It's great to see that the piece about the 501st in the Mandalorian doc is inspiring others to become Stormtroopers! I love your excitement and enthusiasm about your build and I look forward to seeing your progress. 

Regarding the blaster. I use a DoopyDoos resin blaster and it does get very heavy after trooping for a few hours. I was also considering printing an E-11 for longer troops or troops where there is potential for my blaster to become damaged but I'm concerned that the printed blaster won't be very strong either. The posts above show that may be the case. Another option if you don't want to use a toy blaster is to get a rubber/foam one. However, I'm not sure about the availability of such blasters at the moment.

Hello Wayne!

Awesome introduction! You have some great experiences. Nurses rock! I’m also a nurse myself. You’ll find that there’s a handful of us healthcare professionals out here as servants of the Empire. Justin Reed is a great resource and he will definitely guide you on your way to joining the 501st. I’m a member of the Inland Empire squad and we can’t wait to see you trooping alongside with us soon. When you get approved, there’s a Facebook group called the 822nd Imperial Medical corps which is a group for 501st medical professionals. Don’t hesitate to reach out for any help. Have you joined the Imperial recruits page for the socal garrison on Facebook? Everyone is helpful especially here on FISD which focuses on the classic and current stormtrooper armor. Plenty of valuable information on the forums. Good luck and we hope to see you out trooping real soon!

-Niño R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 3:18 PM, Wayne Fike said:

Thanks guys, all of you, I've been already talking it up with one of the local members here Justin Reed, he's putting me on the path of procuring my first build an ANH trooper kit already i'm antsy... waiting to be admitted, hoping they have a kit that will fit me i'm 6' and 205 lbs, so he said that would be my best bet with my height/weight locally, any input you all have is appreciated. I'm so giddy it's not even funny... 

It's weird 501st has been something i've heard of for years and always thought nothing local it's always "other places" that have a 501st... watching mandolorian behind the scenes last night and "Inland Empire" guys were on that set and I totally had to do a double take and was like whut... you mean to tell me there's a squad HERE??? in my area... been on it all morning and afternoon talking to peeps on the FB page getting set in the right directions...

-Wayne.

My ears were burnin' haha. Appreciate the kind words, y'all are makin' me blush XD

Welcome, Wayne! You're in the right place. Research, research, research but never be afraid to ask a dumb question before you make a dumb mistake, I always say. We're all here to help. Troopers helping troopers :) 

Edited by TheRascalKing

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

WOW I've not encounter this before, I guess time will tell if it becomes and issue for others.

Yikes. I hope mine fare better. If not guess it's time to step up to ABS or PETG.