themaninthesuitcase[Admin] Posted April 29, 2020 Report Share Posted April 29, 2020 I printed a full F-11D kit using @The5thHorseman files probably around when TLJ came out. I'm finally beginning to do something with it. I started with a full inventory and assessment of what I have. I have come a fair way in printing and also now have a resin printer which changes things a bit also. I am going to be reprinting most of the smaller parts again on the resin printer to give better detail for less prep work. I did start this 2 days ago but a silly mistake ruined a full plate of parts, so that's currently back on the printer. I'll post pictures once I have some. I also want to add some basic electronics to the weapon. I want to have the red LEDs in the magazine and Hengstler, and also the front torch. I am struggling to source the one listed in the build guide PDF. Instead I have found the smallest one I could on eBay and will see if I can make it work, modifying the parts as needed. The rough plan is to run all of this off a single battery and 2 switches. I have modified the magazine file to add a place for a switch and hollowed out the Hengstler as a possible battery location. I have also added some wire paths to some files, but on others I will drill the prints out and then fill the exposed infill. The modified magazine file. Once I prove these work, and any other modded files, I'll make them available to anyone who wants them. For the front torch I want to be able to choose when it's on or not for photos/effect in darker rooms. I am hoping I'll be able to gut it and run some wires down the barrel to the battery and switches. I have bought some 12mm tactile switches which as luck would have it are almost perfect for the blaster trigger. They are meant to be PCB mount so I have modded one slightly to fit in and still have somewhere for the wires to go. Mine are 6mm height, so a 7mm would probably be even better. I'll solder on some wires and then glue the switch to the trigger, and a thin EVA sheet to the other side as a bit of filler/padding. I will be reprinting the handle for better quality so will run some tests on the old parts to check it works. Biggest issue with this project is fitting it around the armour build so I can get parts sanded and primed for paint once the world reopens. 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.