Posting photos using imgur 101

• 9 months later...

Looks like Imgur just made another change.  You can only get the embed links by using the desktop version.

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/211273743-Embed-Unit

I used to be able to use the full site via Safari on iPad, now it just looks like the app version, which doesn’t allow you to get the embed links.

It's been this way for a while now for Edge users and mobile, I switch to desktop version if I need to add any images. 

I'm only familiar with the desktop version, but it seems they made some sort of change where I can't get the embed link immediately after I upload an image. I have to go back to the page with all my photos, click on the photo I just uploaded, and then I can get the embed link.

Only takes a few more seconds than what I was used to, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but I don't like change...

1 hour ago, Tilheyra said:

I'm only familiar with the desktop version, but it seems they made some sort of change where I can't get the embed link immediately after I upload an image. I have to go back to the page with all my photos, click on the photo I just uploaded, and then I can get the embed link.

Only takes a few more seconds than what I was used to, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal, but I don't like change...

This is correct and how I have done it for the last couple of years TBH.

15 hours ago, Tilheyra said:

You are correct. They did make some interface changes last week and it does make you go through a few extra steps. I was in the middle of uploading a bunch of photos over a few days and they changed it midway through that. I was very confused for a second. 

• Like 1

9 times out of 10, Imgur isn’t actually saving the changes I make to my images. I click Save, it tells me that the changes have been saved, but when I check before posting, it’s gone back to whatever it was I started with. Anyone have any idea what’s going on? 

2 hours ago, magpie said:

9 times out of 10, Imgur isn’t actually saving the changes I make to my images. I click Save, it tells me that the changes have been saved, but when I check before posting, it’s gone back to whatever it was I started with. Anyone have any idea what’s going on? 

I try to edit images before uploading them, just a little quicker I find

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dblcross said:

I can't hardly ever upload images from my phone. I have to email myself pictures, then upload them on my desktop.

I do that too, amazing how fast the email gets there, I wonder if it does a short cut :laugh1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dblcross said:

I can't hardly ever upload images from my phone. I have to email myself pictures, then upload them on my desktop.

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I do that too, amazing how fast the email gets there, I wonder if it does a short cut :laugh1:

As my phone is an Android, all of my photos are saved to Google Photos. I open Google Photos on my desktop, download and save the relevant photos to a file of my different cosplays, and then upload to Imgur from that file. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tilheyra said:

As my phone is an Android, all of my photos are saved to Google Photos. I open Google Photos on my desktop, download and save the relevant photos to a file of my different cosplays, and then upload to Imgur from that file. 

I'm still having issues. I've got an android and have been trying to post the same photos , over and over again and they still aren't uploading to imgr

8 minutes ago, dblcross said:

I'm still having issues. I've got an android and have been trying to post the same photos , over and over again and they still aren't uploading to imgr

Which sucks because I'm totally excited to share with y'all what I found to be a good finish on a Dlt-19. I'll be up all night worrying about it!

• Like 1

UPDATE:  I will be updating this thread with the new imgur procedures on Saturday morning (if not before), so hang in there! 

• Like 3