Where to get screen accurate stormtrooper armour

St-1435

There is a vetted sellers list that can help. But before all that my suggestion would be start saving. Armor and soft parts isn’t cheap and who knows how big you’ll be in two years so making it right away might not be the best idea.

Find your local garrison and see if you can help out, make some friends, go to some events and get established while you save. Then when you get closer to 18 you’ll have the money saved up and lots of connections to help with the build.

I know it’s tough but it’ll be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Frank is absolutely correct, Trenton.  It's fantastic to hear that you want to be Stormtrooper, and you are in the true home of shiny white armor, be it a classic TK or First Order.

Unfortunately, joining the 501st Legion as a TK is not an inexpensive endeavor.  For a quality OT (Original Trilogy) kit you can expect to pay around $650. plus the cost of boots, etc.

Be prepared to spend much more for an FOTK kit, but the good thing is that once you finish it and get it approved the smiles you will get during a troop more than make up for all that hard work.  Trust me.

One thing I would highly suggest is that you choose your kit from one of our "vetted" armorers.  Those found on ebay and the like for the most part may be less expensive but area waste of money, and more than likely are not 501st Legion approvable.  

Here are 2 threads that may help:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

Hope this helps, and always feel to contact us with any questions... we are here to help!

Hi Trenton, welcome to FISD.

Have you joined the Galactic Academy?

If not it is a great place to start getting involved with the 501st before you reach the age to become a member.

As we are nor sure of your geographic location, you can search for your local area 501st Garrison and they can also help you get connected with the local GA's.

Its a great way for young people to see how it all works, trooping, knowing how to handle members in costume as our visibility isn't always the best with helmets on etc.

To find your local 501st unit, use this link for all unit listings and make contact. They inturn can put you in contact with your local Galactic Academy member.

https://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php

Link to the Galactic Academy website

http://www.galactic-academy.net/

Glad you want to become a Stormtrooper and member of the Legion, it's a lot of fun, and we do good work in the community.

You are certainly in the right place for Stormtrooper advice so ask plenty of questions take all the advice you can and let your journey begin.

• Like 1

And I can vouche that there are people on ebay claim to be members of the 501st... I got armor from one when I first started (maker of things). It was not very good quality and I've seen others warning about buying from him. 

I was also one of the many victims of one of the "approved venders" who also has (or had) official licencing. Now this vender has multiple lawsuits because they make promises but don't deliver (literally for years)... Research the vendor!

The #1 reason I created this place was because I was tired of people in and out of the Legion give me a lot of bad advice that was advantageous to their or their friend's pocket book, and not my best interest.  There is a reason why the "where to buy" threads are so well read, and that we (FISD) was the pioneer in publishing that data.  Stay on it and you won't go bad.  Not saying there aren't other good makers out there, but they may or may not make our quality bar and it's at buyer beware.  At the least, you should know the lineage of what you are buying.