Ordered the RT-Mod, Woohoo!

Thanks to all who responded to my earlier questions. I just pressed the button on an RT-Mod set :D

Now, as I have about a month to wait, I get to go nuts thinking about all the "other" stuff I need. I am trying to assemble a suit that would get elite status (RT-Mod fits my 6'1' 215# frame, so I am aware that I will never be movie size) so would like to buy things that are acceptable to that respect.

- Ordered the boots already B) from Caboots

- Questions on gloves. The Nomex flight gloves look good and should hold a blaster without difficulty. Seems that some elite recommend them, yet the elite requirements seem to say leather or rubber. Anyone know if these pass?

- The gun question. Anyone try a mod with the new goofball paintjob hasbro one? Or should I look elsewhere? The mods seem to be for the older model.

- Anything else I should be collecting before the armor comes?

Finally, if anyone has a full set of RT-Mod, let me know if you have any hints/mods that help

Thanx all for getting me involved in what I hope becomes a great hobby!

hmmm I'm a little concerned abt ur remark regarding the Hasb E-11 blaster. I hope u havent picked up a CLONE blaster by mistake?

the Stormtrooper blaster out at the moment is actually the same design as Hasb TK blasters before, just a new paint scheme. Hope that helps.

- Anything else I should be collecting before the armor comes?

neck seal

body suit

holster

lid bling bling - not a requirement eg fans, electronics

Paints or decals (mike does some loverly ones) for lid

tools - including ur choice of glue? Heavy industrial strength velcro etc

not sure abt the glove question, I am goign for a cheap pair of Nomex.

think thats it

Nate

Nomex flight gloves work for even for Elite. I think we need to reword that so it's not confusing.

Buy clamps. You're going to need lots of clamps :) Also, look in on the HOWTO threads for doing snaps/snap systems.

OK

Got the Hasbro and the conversion kit ordered. (I know, I know, I want to play with the lights and peuw peuw sound a bit before I get serious)

Got the holster coming from this forum

Getting a list ready for Menards to get velcro/RW black gloves/clamps/glue/etc. Question. I see davcon plastic weld and "e6000" mentioned. Should I NOT get the Locktite epoxies that I see all over our hardware stores? Oh, and is there a width on the industrial velcro I need? Or should I just wait until the armor comes?

I think the belt comes with the RT-Mod. gotta check that.

Boots are in from Caboots. My, do they STINK :blink: . Look good though

Gotta a Champions body top. Could not find a tight fitting "heat" underarmor, just the cold versions that seemed QUITE hot in a normal room environment. Anyone troop in "cold gear" in 60-80*F?

Still looking about all the fan and speaker stuff in the helmet

Congrats on ordering your suit. Rt-suits look killer.

Does anyone here know if RT sells parts? I'm looking to get forearms, biceps and calfs since he FX ones are way too small and I'd like to avoid shimming as much as possible.

Sorry for hijacking a bit:)

• 1 month later...
Sorry for hijacking a bit:)
Let us know how it all comes out and the sort of things you found you needed to get the RT up and running! :lol:
I'll do a buildthread on it when I get it, hopefully I can start it around Christmas.

Heh, heh. No problem, Thomas ;)

Perhaps we could put together an RT-Mod dual list of do's-and-dont's. I'm not a great picture guy anyway.

...Still waiting for the armor...(As per RT-Mods schedule. He said it wouldn't be ready until late October)

Heh, heh. No problem, Thomas ;)

Perhaps we could put together an RT-Mod dual list of do's-and-dont's. I'm not a great picture guy anyway.

...Still waiting for the armor...(As per RT-Mods schedule. He said it wouldn't be ready until late October)

I'm going to try to document the RT-build a little better than the FX. THe FX-builfd was more a way to find out how to do things before I took on something more expensive:-)

Boozel said:
Good luck with the guilds guys, hope you like the RT as much as I do.

Here is the link to my build....start on the last page.

-----------

Boozel

Man, love the detailed pictures! As soon as I get the shipping costs from RT-Mod, mine will be on order. I definitely plan on using those pics as a reference. I can't wait (actually, I have no choice but wait...just not patiently!)!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hi, good luck with your build - I met a veteran trooper wearing an RT Mod last week - looked REALLY good.

Here's a link fo rthe momex -type flight gloves!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed