TK-14056 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (Anovos) (426)

Erice3339

Preface

Eric E.

TK-14056

Florida Garrison 

Armor: ANOVOS

Helmet: ANOVOS

Blaster: Hfx Productions E-11 (Elite model)

Expert Infantry Request Thread: EIB Application

Height: 5’8

Weight: 142 lbs.

Boots: TK Boots

Belt: Kittel Belt 

Hand Plates: Joseph’s Handguards

Electronics: TrooperTalk with Akers amp, Bluetooth microphone, and iPhone 7

Neckseal: ANOVOS 

Holster: ANOVOS

Full Body 

Front 

rLHZN9T.jpg

Right w/ Arms Raised

faOhbqc.jpg

Left w/ Arms Raised 

VlWzGdj.jpg

Back 

R3eMOO4.jpg

Armor Details

Ab/Kidney Attachment 

SBuD3Nz.jpg

Butt/Kidney; Fixed: No

facDHg7.jpg

Hand Plates 

DCu4tjw.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Back 

mCu0JLZ.jpg

My left retainer snapped during this photo shoot (of course). I have since retied it. See below: 

zp8aEy0.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Front

ttL3bDn.jpg

Back/Chest Connection

rt3JQMw.jpg

Thigh Pack Attachment

Qf2ZAuQ.jpg

Knee Plate (Front and Sides)

EJ7XUD4.jpg

QZWoeOZ.jpg

dQyYtz4.jpg

Drop Box Back

bUNECHm.jpg

Cod and Butt Attachment (Worn and Loose)

rit27Wv.jpg

XbSmnUl.jpg&key=4b58cdcf70984f533d19403b

Interior Strapping

GlWR8B4.jpg&key=fa1e4131262371b867860989

Kidney Plate Notch 

a8yrYdW.jpg

Wrist Side of Forearms

u4nNVuq.jpg

Helmet Details

Front 

EW0Tq1n.jpg

I tried to file away some of the eye slot plastic lining. As you can see, it's far from perfect, but I intend to file more in the future whenever I take the visor out. 

Back 

Uq8xRqK.jpg

Left Side 

4bhZpkd.jpg

Right Side 

oA8kVUa.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit) 

KlNQ5l5.jpg&key=425f3ece0a9df98d6b22ad6b

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

sSDAaOI.jpg

S-Trim 

JK2J9mj.jpg

Lower Ear Screws

wEijG4H.jpg

Thank you to @justjoseph63 for the help with replacing these!

Blaster Details

Blaster Right

eQccgSN.jpg&key=20e7c23728dd3087c98234d1

Blaster Left

DLjvxmW.jpg&key=118e077c5a85923902a3e23b

D-Ring 

3bBcdsB.jpg&key=43e0dbf5fccce83758d52ffb

Accessories Details

Neck Seal (Rear)

MPoYn1d.jpg&key=d4347de6c98b8d12851a0892

Neck Seal (Front) 

oqjhIcM.jpg&key=e4504f835ce9df42ddc5934a

You all are lucky you can't smell it. 

Thermal Detonator (Back) 

fc1aVLx.jpg&key=f83290650b7814c59871f2c9

Holster Attachment

ibSWzF9.jpg&key=9a5b50928f593d7f3b762f8f

Belt (Front) 

KcEVxb9.jpg&key=2ca6866a7667715fb8ff152f

Conclusion 

Thank you for all the suggestions, materials, and help along the way. I owe thanks to many, and I never find enough instances to remind said people of my gratitude. I am proud to be a part of the FISD and 501st family. Please let me know what issues exist and/or if more pictures are needed. 

Eric E. 

Edited by Erice3339

Nice work trooper, one thing that does stand out is your snaps on the butt plate, should be the other part of the snap not the ones you have.

XbSmnUl.jpg&key=4b58cdcf70984f533d19403b 456284468b1f3961595d9bffdb289a3c.jpg

Also the screws on your TD don't appear to be pan heads, could just be the photos.

UdwVsXn.jpgV8vMBhF.png

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, one thing that does stand out is your snaps on the butt plate, should be the other part of the snap not the ones you have.

XbSmnUl.jpg&key=4b58cdcf70984f533d19403b 456284468b1f3961595d9bffdb289a3c.jpg

Also the screws on your TD don't appear to be pan heads, could just be the photos.

UdwVsXn.jpgV8vMBhF.png

Good luck with approval

I think it’s the photo. I was asked to change my original screws in my EIB application. After doing so, Joseph approved them. I just reused the photo from said application in this one (since no further change has been made since then). 

As for the snaps, I believe it’s just a different style of snaps. Tony’s build thread called for the male snaps to be in the posterior plate which is what you see in the photos. He used S-snaps whereas I used Line 24 snaps. I know that Joseph had pointed out they were not of an entirely accurate finish, but I didn’t otherwise encounter any issues with the style. Thank you for your input and feedback!

Edited by Erice3339

4 hours ago, TK-40996 said:

Goodluck with your application!! 

Thank you, I appreicate it! Happen to see anything that might need correction? I think I need to add better TD pictures. 

Hi Eric!  Almost done, brother, but there is one thing holding you back.  Please back one of your TD screws out 3 or 4 turns and take a close up side pic for us.  It may be the angle of the photo, but they look a lot like V-heads and should be pan heads.  Thanks!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Eric!  Almost done, brother, but there is one thing holding you back.  Please back one of your TD screws out 3 or 4 turns and take a close up side pic for us.  It may be the angle of the photo, but they look a lot like V-heads and should be pan heads.  Thanks!!!

yWLj9SX.jpg

8otuGPy.jpg

utncpcM.jpg

I repainted them too since there was a bit of silver showing. 

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your Centurion application. Let's get to it, brother...

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos appear to be present. Firstly, I would like to thank you for making a few of the changes suggested in your EIB app.  On behalf of myself and the FISD Deployment team, I'd like to welcome you to rank of Centurion.  Congratulations!   :jc_doublethumbup:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this area we discuss any areas still needing some improvement. Though they have not held you back from Centurion, keep in mind that this is the elite level of accuracy and what we suggest here will help you get closer to that.

Your armor itself is well built, and though these issues are not specifically mentioned in the CRLs for level 3, there are still quite a few items (especially fitment/dressing/strapping suggestions) which we highly recommend that you address so that both it and you will look your best and represent your Garrison, the FISD, the 501st and the Empire proudly.

Starting at the top, your bucket wants to lean quite a bit.  This looks to be a simple padding issue.  It also sits kind of far off of your shoulders, and removing any padding you may have in the top can bring it down.

Reference image

Na9Bnrg.jpg?1     yySPw4x.jpg

Your tube stripes are farther away from the top of the tube than normal.  They should be about a pencil width from the bottom of the cheek. 

Reference image                                                          

YnRbKQ4.jpg     qaeQWpa.jpg?1

Your Hovi-mic tips and vocoder could use some work.  The insides of the tips should be white, and they are angled down more than ideally.  The top of the vocoder lacks the definition it needs to make it look it's best. 

EH04kh8.jpg

Reference image

PeLPqWj.jpg

Working our way down, we see a lot of simple symmetry issues, which should be easy to address with strapping adjustments and/or by an "armor check" after getting suited up.

1.  The shoulder bridges should have the same gap on both sides of the chest plate.

2.  As mentioned in your EI submission, the biceps are still at different levels.

3.  Your forearms are still at different levels as well, causing uneven gaps at the wrist ends.

4.  The large gap in the area where the top of the thigh meets the bottom of the ab plate on the left needs to be reduced to match the one on the right.

Reference images

IYRWZ2W.jpg    g3Rq4d5.jpg?1  Ry9TRSa.jpg?1

Ideally, when at your side as shown the alignment of the cover strips of your biceps and forearms should be a lot closer than they presently are.

Reference image

JxYP1NF.jpg    LNI4tYa.jpg?1

Since it's the small details we strive for, removing the sharp point from the top of your right forearm would look better as well as make it a bit more comfortable.

Reference images

IYfOIVY.jpg?1    SvEz9SL.jpg?2  xZhiGeB.jpg?2

The posterior plate could stand to be brought in about an inch to better line up with the kidney.

Reference image

k8u8hSH.jpg?1    IXNv4QC.jpg?1

The alignment at the front of your right thigh and calf is beautiful, but the left looks thigh looks like it could be raised and turned in some.  Turning in the calf as well would help those cover strips line up perfectly.

Reference image                                            

XDJqe50.jpg?1     NWwgDxP.jpg?1

The distance in the openings between the bottoms of the thighs and tops of the calves is way off.  Either one is fine, but they should match.

The ridge/connection on the left is spot-on, but the one on the right in uneven and overlapped.

Reference images

j3jL0QO.jpg   Nv8rNpu.jpg?2 moGPDd3.jpg?1

We realize that there were more than a few variances in the TKs seen on screen, (uneven gaps, twisted calves, missing knee plates, lots of white gaffer tape holding things together etc.) but for our purposes we want every trooper to ideally look their best.  Many of your connections, like the shoulder bell/bridge, ab/kidney, sniper knee and ABS belt placement are absolute textbook and show that you took a lot of pride in this build, but again, many of the issues shown are mostly down to dressing/strapping items that should be a breeze for you to work on and to keep in mind while getting suited up.  Happy trooping!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-14056 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status (Anovos) (426)
4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Working our way down, we see a lot of simple symmetry issues, which should be easy to address with strapping adjustments and/or by an "armor check" after getting suited up.

I’ll get on fixing these right away. I had forgotten to fix the biceps prior to this photo shoot as you recognized, but the good news is that I have addressed it by regluing the bicep hook higher on the inside of the right bicep. It should let my right bicep hook catch the shoulder bell strap higher and thereby have the bicep and forearm sit lower. If that doesn’t work, I’ll figure something else out. 

As for some other issues, I’ll admit I was rushing and even needlessly sloppy while putting the armor on. The overlapped rear calf closure usually isn’t present nor is the left thigh gap. I can slide my thigh garter strap over to minimize that gap.

I’ll add some more velcro to either side of the posterior plate to prevent it from bulging out. Usually isn’t as bad as seen in the photo. With the helmet, all the padding from the top is gone already. It’s titled because I am deliberately tilting my head forward and to the side because my photographer (who is 5’0”) was having trouble getting the retainer straps in the photo from her angle. And, as for the rest, I’ll make adjustments. Only a matter of finding the time as we all do.

Anyhow, thank you for everything Joseph! Once more, very proud to be a part of this group, and I will make these corrections to reflect that. Appreciate the detachment staff that contributed to this build and review!