Anovos build

Alex1971

Hello,

This is my first build and I have the Anovos OT armor.  I am shooting for Centurion level if I can.  I have just started cutting out the biceps and I have a few questions.

All I have done is cut along the trim lines, I have not sized it to me yet and will straighten them out better and sand them down at that point.

1) On one side the pieces line up perfectly on the top and bottom but on the other side the top is longer, I am worried that this will get worse when I size it down a little, is there something                         that I need to do? Or does the cover strip hide that issue?

2)  Does it matter what half I use to size it down, the outer arm piece or the inner arm piece?

3) How much of the return edge do I trim off on the top and bottom?

Thank you,

Alex

I have updated the photos using IMGUR, I hope that it works now!

j1QNFua.jpg

PLEjkh5.jpg

wilGaL1.jpg

Edited by Alex1971
hopefully fix photos

Hi Alex,

Welcome aboard. :-)

Not sure if it’s just me, however, I can’t see your images. I’d suggest using the BBCODE option on Imgur or using the free Tapatalk app to upload images. :-)

Dan

Hi mate and welcome! A picture says a thousand words and it'll be much easier for us to help you if you can display them properly here. I've made a tutorial you can follow here on how to post images:

But to answer #3 about return edges. Return edges will give the illusion of thickness, but are really up to comfort. No return-edge on bottom of shins and wrist-side of forearms is both very comfortable mods and also good for higher levels:duim: If you are going for the bracket-strapping system you also need some for the torso sections.

Edited by Ensi

Hi and welcome Alex. Glad you got your photo issues sorted out, I had the same issue when I first got on here as well. 

Now to answer your questions the offset nature is pretty normal from what I have noticed with a lot of kits. When you begin to size your parts you will by to make from both sides not just one. This will ensure a uniform look in your parts. Return edge is entirely up to you as it is not required and actually the wrist side you want to remove completely for comfort, because it will dig into you.

Hope this help you a little.:)

Yep, It’s just like Luc said - alligne the bottom of the bicep and if you feel like it trim the tops even or leave it as the bell hides it and for trimming - do so equally from both sides as you want the cover strip to be centered on the limbs. I’m sorry I can’t provide any pictures to clearly show you what I mean but my Imgur is acting up:6: however check the approved Centurion apps in the advanced tactics section and you’ll see how the cover strips alligne on the individual piece but also in relation to the other limbs...bicep to forearm, thigh to shin. And the outer ridges should also alligne, bell, bicep, forearm. You’ll see that clearly on the side shots.

Hello,

I am getting ready to size the forearm pieces and I have some questions about the cover strip.  All I have done so far is cut out the pieces and remove the return edge at the wrists.

The left and right forearms are different at the front facing seams, the left forearm has a raised very pronounced ridge and the right forearm has a shallower appearing ridge.

• How much of the ridge is covered by the cover-strip, is it 100% or should a slight amount of the ridge be showing?
  • Should the coverage be consistent down the length of the forearm? Currently the raised ridge on the left forearm has more at the elbow than at the wrist.
  • Should the amount of the ridge that the cover-strip covers match on both arms?  I would have to trim quite a bit off the right forearm.

Thank you,

Alex 

3swXqaW.jpg?1

JCTl5KG.jpg?1

uMmBHOf.jpg?1

BzrVYMf.jpg?1

6qpVqyY.jpg

PqyCmvD.jpg?1

Edited by Alex1971

Hi Alex to answer your question those ridges should be trimmed to 7.5mm to accommodate the 15mm strip. So measuring from the edge of the ridge to the outside.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I'm a little late to the party, but thought I'd make a suggestion or two, Alex..

The cover strips should be right at the edges of the ridge as seen below:

PRmgyR2.jpg?1

If you haven't glued the biceps yet, I would remove all the return edges on the tops (which will even them out), check for fitment again and then glue them.  They will be covered by the shoulder bell and will not be seen anyway. 

3O78mFr.jpg?1

This also applies to the tops of the thighs.  Some like the "thick" look it gives to the armor, but they (thigh tops) can cause chafing and "armor bite" in certain areas (especially those in the cod area) if left on.  Removing the return edges in these areas will not affect approval at any level, and is actually accurate (as seen in the screen used armor photos below).

In some areas (like the tops of the calves, bottom of the thighs, kidney and posterior plates) I would leave it.  

eyZfkH7.jpg?1  3Mq1xwA.jpg?1

You are doing the perfect thing by asking questions and posting clear, concise photos before gluing, so keep em' coming.  We are here to help, and will help get you to Centurion eventually!

• Like 1

Any time Alex. Remember our happy slogan troopers helping troopers. Community support is important and being able to ask questions from those with experience is priceless. Sharing what we know with those that don't yet is paramount to having each one of us looking our best with the work and time we invest in our build.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Hello,

Thanks for the previous feedback, I am feeling confident with the left forearm and I have trimmed the raised ridge edge to about 15mm (still sanding/refining it).

Sorry to bring this up again, however, I am nervous about the right forearm because of the shallower ridge at the seam (ridge might not be the right term as it is more of a flat area).

ZrVrGwh.jpg?3

To make it easier to see in the photo I put blue tape along the edge of the flat area:

lZ9Gw48.jpg?1

My question is, do I trim this piece down to 15mm as well so that it would look like this?   (If I do, what do I do about the taper at the end?) 

ChQdm4y.jpg?1

Or is it okay to leave it larger like this?

VWv5TLu.jpg?1

I have pretty thin forearms so I don't need to make extra room, I just want to be sure I am being accurate.

Finally, when I trim the oppose side to size it, do I take an even amount from each edge or do I adjust it so that the seams end up directly across from each other?

Thank you,

Alex 

Edited by Alex1971

So from where you have your tape measure in 7.5mm on each and that will give you the combined 15mm for your cover strip.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk