Helmet Pads vs. Hard Hat Liner

17 minutes ago, Xanthais said:

Just wondering what the pros and cons are on using helmet pads versus the circular hard hat helmet ring inside the bucket?

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk

A hard hat liner provides some air flow around your head, some like the snug feeling you can achieve with padding...if I wasn’t such a nerd for building screen accurate (atleast OT armor) I would go with a helmet rig...I use the star foam with chin strap and happy with that, and have no need for fans as I have small gaps (non visible) around the lens that keeps them fog-free:)

• Like 1

Our Garrison mates prefer hard hat liner, mainly due to the sub tropical climate here. Let the air flow and a Build-in fan system is a must otherwise heat-stroke is guaranteed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

sub tropical climate here. Let the air flow and a Build-in fan system is a must otherwise heat-stroke is guaranteed.

Yeah that`s a good point - one should always adapt to the surroundings:duim:

• Like 1

Our Garrison mates prefer hard hat liner, mainly due to the sub tropical climate here. Let the air flow and a Build-in fan system is a must otherwise heat-stroke is guaranteed.

I hear you. I've been involved in airsoft since 2003, and I have one of these for my MICH tactical helmet. I was thinking on using it for my bucket as well. It replaces the top head pad.

Dip it in cool water, let the silica absorb it, and you have a cool dome for a long while.

My only concern would be adding potentially more humidity inside an already hot bucket. Tac helmets are open-faced, so never had to worry about that before.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FHN0SM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-GfLBbKTRS72M

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk

Indeed, also A fan inside the helmet if positioned correctly will help disperse humid air (sweating / breathing) and prevent the visor lens from frogging.

Visibility is poor inside the bucket (you have to look three steps ahead, anything closer is in the blind zone), keeping the lens clear is essential.

• Like 2

Indeed, also A fan inside the helmet if positioned correctly will help disperse humid air (sweating / breathing) and prevent the visor lens from frogging.

Visibility is poor inside the bucket (you have to look three steps ahead, anything closer is in the blind zone), keeping the lens clear is essential.
Absolutely true, unless you walk hunched over.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Haha!!
Oh yes - I think the work I was looking for was “plenty”. ;-)

Auto-correct is a wonderful thing so I will let this one slide ”work”...oops I couldn’t:P

Don’t be mad, I am knee-deep in abs paste and the acetone is clearly getting to me...:engel:

• Like 3