Getting my armour...eventually.

After doing a large amount of reading and thinking I've settled on getting a TK costume. I'm looking at taking my time with this, with my upcoming departure into the military I have 3 months basic training to grind through before I even make it out into the real world :)

Costume prices....from what I've gathered, I am looking at an somewhere between $2000-$3000 for an accurate, looking suit.

Opinions will be greatly helpful? B)

lol i can see the shark fins circling you now,careful or you might get bit if you start by banding that sort of cash about.remember its unwise to spend to little but on the other hand its unwise also to spend to much.Go put a grand in the bank and the other have fun with your TK.

hey damien,

FX lite USD400

MR CE USD100

Hasbaro E-11 USD20

joy from armour - priceless :D

heh I am assembling stuff in UK atm (so prices above are kinda guestimates)... so soft bits still to go, undersuit, neck seal, boots, holster, electronics (ouch) - abt £300 budgetted.

Its like Mark said - u CAN spend loads, but u dont really have to

btw slow spending also means the wife doesnt realised how much u've spent on your toys - ROFL

Those prices are more like what it costs to put together a good Vader and getting closer to what it costs for a Fett - definitely overkill for a TK. ;)

Prices depend on how accurate a suit you want to begin with and how much of the accessories you want to purchase already made and how much you want to try to put together yourself (such as a blaster or holster). For example, more accurate suits like AP, TE2 or TM do cost more than the ubiquitous FX, but still a whole lot less than $2000 (except perhaps for the TM because of the exchange rates).

Whatever suit you decide on, it will be good to have another white trooper join the ranks. :)

hey damien,

FX lite USD400

MR CE USD100

Hasbaro E-11 USD20

joy from armour - priceless :D

heh I am assembling stuff in UK atm (so prices above are kinda guestimates)... so soft bits still to go, undersuit, neck seal, boots, holster, electronics (ouch) - abt £300 budgetted.

Its like Mark said - u CAN spend loads, but u dont really have to

btw slow spending also means the wife doesnt realised how much u've spent on your toys - ROFL

We did a poll awhile back and to do a basic costume will run between $1000-$1200. Even using FX lite + MRCE which is your cheapest option, you're typically looking at $1000 when all is said and done. Let's not forget that Hasbro won't work out of the box - you need an upgrade kit too. Same with the MRCE - not acceptable out of the box and needs some tweaks to make it 501st approved. And the soft parts, and glue, clamps, etc. to put it all together.

To do really good costume would run only about $200-$400 more (an AP or TE2 kit for instance is only $200-$300 more than FX). You'd have to really work hard to put $2000 into a set, and at that point we're talking RomFx sound kit, Hyperfirm blaster, etc.

Not to much to add here but that 3000 is overkill for a TK. 2000 is the high water mark...

That being said I will say that things do add up and although not a big hit in the start, even an FX will eventulay in time with all that you do to it top 12-1500. (you will upgrade, its only a matter of when...LOL)

I had 1000 in the FX, Should be about 1500 in the new TE2, and around 2000 For the TM for the completed costumes. Bodysuit, (get a good one) boots, gloves, sound, blaster, neckseal, and then the stuff you want... Sticker kit, Ab buttons, lenses, straping, glue, sand paper, paint... Whew...

My Vader started out about 3000, but has far eclipsed that... :rolleyes: Your never done upgrading... :lol:

And like a new car bro, If you get cold feet and want to sell, you will take a hit. Just the way it is... :(

oops just realised that I had posted half in USD and half in GBP - my bad

£300 is abt 550 USD (ish)

so just over $1000 USD for FX lite and MRCE helmet combo.

kinda wot others have said.

That is still too much for a fx lite and MRCE. Knock off a couple hundred from that price and you are floating at an AP price point plus you get a great bucket. I say Email Mr X about a TE2

..... still too much for a fx lite and MRCE ......

just over USD1000 - still too much? dammit really? even with all the soft furnishings included (ie under armour, ROM Fx, holster, blaster+mods, seal etc)?

I over paid (again). I did as much research as I could as well :(

oh hang on just realised Deatrins post :

We did a poll awhile back and to do a basic costume will run between $1000-$1200

feeling a little less foolish now

The absolute lowest you can do for armor only unless you get a used suit or recast items is the FX lite + MRCE. But again, that's a starting point and you still need assembly supplies. If you're in to handyman / craft type stuff some folks already have many of the items, but if not plan on spending a few hundred dollars at least.

rofl cranky

not sayin till I assemble at least a FX - not sure I would like to do a TE2 or AP as a 1st build with 2 hands full of left thumbs!

but if I were to choose a set of "fantasy armour" - I would go TM if I had a extra penny or two to spend - but then again I dont have to contend with the GBP/USD conversion :D

Damien - if u had a budget abt $2000 - I guess TM might be an option for you! Thats including the armour, a nice bucket, soft furnishings, accessories, shoes and bucket electronics. About right u think guys?

But it would certainly be a sweet outfit!

It's looking like I will need to spend less than I initially thought then, can't argue with that one ;)

I'm quite happy to do an initial outlay and then do the modifications necessary to become 501st approved, I'm certainly in no rush to "rush out and buy" moment. If I'm going to go through the process and buy a suit, I'll be careful with the inital purchase.

Good thing I double checked some photo's to, the blaster I was looking at earlier wasn't the correct one.

But to be sure, I will be in and out of this thread as I continue my progress.

Much appreciation for all the help so far B)