TheSwede`s Sandtrooper build [RS]

TheSwede

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well whadda we have here - the final component for the complete Sandtrooper^_^

B8DdeUH.jpg

Check!

NhG3cGi.jpg

Good package:duim:

sVoT0kz.jpg

waddaya know?! It`s my SWAT level field pack #3 from Shawn "crookknight`s Imperial trooper packs"!

fHRcwRS.jpg

Noticed the bee stinger was a 3D print but no worries, had this on the shelf - closest option to the real thing but won`t mess with it just now (to busy drooling)

pLxMrwp.jpg

Upon inspection a noticed this crack in the upper seed tray *aaw maaan*…..even though it was packaded really well the trays shifted and that crack happend, but...in true spirit of prop building I took some black gaffers tape and result was very stars warsy:P

2zfHjUP.jpg

Also took some time to level the boxes out for a nice clean fit not very star warsy but hey...it`s my pack:smiley-sw013: Enough words - more pics

cnj3V4s.jpg

KrVSXew.jpg

7qw4AkY.jpg

9WJeKDF.jpg

nuW7ADw.jpggx5AUYN.jpg

fE5karn.jpg

gYuAGfL.jpg

Perhaps went a little overboard on pics but are absolutely loving this field pack!! BIG shout out to Shawn @CrookKnight for this great build and his patience with my inputs on the build- truly amazing:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:'

S8UH8JB.jpg

Looking forward using this set up on the next Troop:dancing-trooper:

gSRpJvY.jpgVAubvz1.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome! I ordered the regular pack. It will be interesting to see how they differ. I have the same concern regarding the Bee stinger and canteen. I have the same replacement part as well. Let me know what you find as a good match for the paint color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, wook1138 said:

Awesome! I ordered the regular pack. It will be interesting to see how they differ. I have the same concern regarding the Bee stinger and canteen. I have the same replacement part as well. Let me know what you find as a good match for the paint color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think yours will have it, mine were supposed too but I guess it just sliped his mind as he was already wrapping mine up when he got the canteens from Vincent (if I remember the name correctly).....ahh just realized, maybe they are not included in the standard version, the 3D print looks good though so won`t be fiddling with it just yet..I think:P

• 2 weeks later...

Got some protection for the field pack, both from weather and to be less obvious on the way to a Troop:) It`s not a perfect fit but I have a few changes to make and that may fix that too

iWPFf2Q.jpg

Changes you say? Yes after initial hype was over and I started examination and the reference of screen packs I felt some changes were in order. First the frame, it should be closer to the seed trays, I had Shawn move the trays closer together (as per reference) thus making that gap on the top instead, guess he didn`t think to shorten the frame (and to be fair I also missed that and the other fixes on the "signing-off photos he sent before shipping) but that´s no biggie, I actually first opted to assemble it myself but later changed my mind to have more time to work on the FOTK...so all is good, now I get to say I DID work on the pack:)

fE5karn.jpg9eKG7Jm.png

First up dismantle some parts 

oBJakyx.jpg

Almost made a bohoo when marking were to cut and making it to short but disaster was averted and I made my cut at the top mark and then used the cut-of to mark other end.

nuKUOP7.jpgLpXHYOM.jpg

Put it back together and yepp that works

E6kYgVJ.jpgioX24sd.jpg

Lab pipe was still a go even though the frame got shorter, they vary in lenght between packs and I like the longer version better and the "Look Sir, droids/move along" packs lab pipe is somewhat elusive, it`s missing in some scenes to be back in the next and the lengh of it has yet to be confirmed atleast for the "Look Sir, droids" version of it as far as I know so artistic freedom it is:D (the ref pic saying "look Sir droids is another type of pack Davin Felth but not the one I´m emulating, it`s just to show the lab pipe)

7wbdtv8.jpglcgYnNd.png

Shorter version

UkCpobE.jpg

The mortar tube however was to long to begin with as as seen below in comparison, the top should be about level to the mushroom cap and the radar dish should have some black backing (didn`t have anything for the backing so have to revisit that) and also sit a little lower. When making this post I also noticed that the "shells" configuration is a bit off, they are afixed to a plate and that should sit lower on the tray and the individual positions of them are also off . I`ll have a think and see if I will correct that.

fVwWw4z.jpg

gYuAGfL.jpgaKtq3Z2.jpg

F7ClPVv.jpg

I started by removing the control panel and luckely it was glued with E6000 (or similar glue, I can`t be sure) so I pryed it off and the leftover was easily rubbed off

SdUW8zD.jpg6Sz3ru5.jpg

Then it was a matter of removing this little guy and after a few failed attempts I opted to cut it close to the end and just hack away:P

ZZJCM9j.jpgrBzCT93.jpg

That did the trick:dancing-trooper:So I glued that and the control panel back on with CA glue, not having learned anything about the advantage with E6000. Then drilled some holes for the "tubes" put them on and it was time for weathering

iYUV0v1.jpg

I´ll might do some tweeking but overall I´m happy with it so I sent pics to GML for approval

5DKVdYJ.jpgCZgYvqs.jpg

nvvdYYO.jpg

NiBUsG9.jpgeKQReDR.jpgnAeAhSB.jpgJHkPw6L.jpgkazfHMv.jpgqT9gP7Y.jpg

And here it is all tucked in safe and sound and.....that reminds me @CableGuy the hairspray was the culprit, I was puzzled to why  the weathering on the suit came of so easily in the rain when I had a really hard time removing it from the EFX helmet and so, upon inspection of the spraycan it says "easily washed out" - GAAHHH:6:But...atleast the mystery is solved, the can I previously had used ran out on another project and I just figured any can would do and the one I got was labeled "ultra strong" but I guess one have to read the fine print:smiley-sw013:

IFucsQs.jpgsq3cG9Q.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Back in the 80's I used a hair spray called Stiff Stuff to make my hair super big.  It held my hair up even in the rain and humidity of Hawaii.  I remember that if the bottle leaked around the neck, the product would dry like resin, making it impossible to remove the cap.  It would take at least 4-5 washings to get it out of my hair.  So I'm guessing that if you can still find a can of Stiff Stuff, it would work beautifully to protect that weathering!

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

That pack looks superb!

Great tip on the hair spray, too. (Note to self - ultra strong...) emoji1303.pngemoji1.png

The ”ultra strong” was the bad one so to speak - easily washed - and you don’t want that:)

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Back in the 80's I used a hair spray called Stiff Stuff to make my hair super big.  It held my hair up even in the rain and humidity of Hawaii.  I remember that if the bottle leaked around the neck, the product would dry like resin, making it impossible to remove the cap.  It would take at least 4-5 washings to get it out of my hair.  So I'm guessing that if you can still find a can of Stiff Stuff, it would work beautifully to protect that weathering!

Sounds like that’s the one to use:salute:

And the field pack is approved:)

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 2

Small update, decided to cushion the back with some foam....so I hot glued some fabric to a sheet of foam and then hot glued that to the pack and voilà :smiley-sw013: also decided (not done yet though) to move the top straps closer together, although they are at the right position, moving them closer will make them sit better over the back/chest tabs not pushing the bells down over the biceps how screen accurate as that may be I don’t want that:)

9FTTxpA.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wook1138 said:

I'm loving your pack mods.  Of course, it just reminds me that I will eventually have that job to do too. :P

Thanks it’s fun to work on it and it takes longer to make a post about it than the work itself so you’ll be alright:smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Decided to cut the eyes some more, want to look meaner on troops so I guess that rules out swat:rolleyes:

beforefEvitEU.jpgAfter

9HlzjnA.jpg

Liking that ”joker-grin”:smiley-sw013:

nnQtf0K.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 2

Love the “joker” grin, (especially at the ‘89 Batman is one of my favourite movies).

I’d say the eyes look pretty mean either way. ;-)

Again, top job on the weathering and lid work. Amazing! :-)

3 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Love the “joker” grin, (especially at the ‘89 Batman is one of my favourite movies).

I’d say the eyes look pretty mean either way. ;-)

Again, top job on the weathering and lid work. Amazing! :-)

Used to play that on Nintendo (the old NES):D

They had sort of a sleepy-look to them but it was more obvious in person, I like it much better now and thanks :salute: also funny to see how colors differ in pics, helmet looks almost yellow on that first one... and added another layer of a different spray, stiff stuff was nowhere to be found exept for one seller on eBay but they haven’t replied so, and gonna add some more layers just to be on the safe side and then rubb that shine off if it don’t come down on its own:)

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TheSwede`s Sandtrooper build [RS]
  • 2 weeks later...

I have added to the weathering and I feel the suit is ready to try for Police officer, pics are taken and request is inbound:) And...if you think a Stormtrooper is challenging to put on and move around in try a Sandtrooper *yeeez*:smiley-sw013:

F3wR5bm.jpg

V7iYFKk.jpg

I figured Dan aka cableguy deserved a ”full-on” face pic :P

iy55oDK.jpg

And ”are you talking to me?”

M1PdRtN.jpg

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Looks awesome Daniel!  Good luck on PO!

Thanks and see you there:duim:

57 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Looking great! Armour looks good, too...emoji6.pngemoji23.png