Jenny’s TK build - send luck!

JenEcho

(I hope I’ve started this in the right section) 

After watching videos and reading for the last month, I took the plunge and started tonight! I have an AP kit and I think there will definitely be a learning curve as I get going on this project. 

**Note: first thing tomorrow, I’m gonna get some impervious-to-cutting gloves otherwise I don’t see myself finishing this with all my fingers attached.**

(I’m a shorty, so I know that there will be a lot of additional trimming.)

I trimmed the forearms tonight, but I’m uncertain as to what to trim along the sides. If you look at the pic, there’s a line in the ABS - is this a trim line? 

Is Imgur the best for sharing pics? I figure it’ll be easy to update my album there. 

Can’t wait to immerse myself in this amazing community and absorb all your collective knowledge. :)

https://imgur.com/a/j4zjx

I use Imgur and not had any issues as yet BUT try to use the DIRECT LINK option to post into your thread and the image will show ;) 

Gc5xySsg.jpg

Ideally trimming pieces (depending on how they fit your shape) you want to trim from the raised ridge, just a tad bigger than the cover strip so:

Forearms, biceps front and back 15mm (in that case you would trim @8 mm on each piece from the raised ridge (hope that makes sense) .

Thighs front and back 20mm

Shins front 20mm back 25mm

Try and trim as straight as you can as these pieces need to align not only at the coverstrips but top and bottom too, the bottom of the thighs for instance isn't fully covered by coverstrips so they need to be somewhat spot on.

• Like 1

Hi Jenny, will follow your thread here as well as on CCG forums! To keep cut lines straight, I used a long metal ruler and clamps! Andy likely shared quite a bit of info with you, but please don't be afraid to post about any questions you might have!

• Like 2

Great to have you here, Jenny!  As Q (gmrhodes13) mentioned, Imgur is REALLY easy to use.  Just click on the center of the photo you want to use and choose the  Direct Link option.  Easy peasy.

Have you checked out Cricket's build thread?  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41502-crickets-wtf-hero-build-even-more-tk-for-the-vertically-challenged/?tab=comments#comment-556128

Lots of information there for those that need to cut things down a bit, and I'm sure that she would be be willing to answer any questions for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

WELL?!?!? any updates?

Jordan, Jenny started another thread in the appropriate section here:

See her progress there!

• Like 1