Twosolitudes ANH Stunt (AP)

Twosolitudes

BBB day was actually back around Jan 9th, but a vacation and a bout with the flu, amongst other things, have kept me from starting work until now.

What I have been up to though is reading build threads, EIB and Centurion submissions, pouring over Billgrams, and watching every relevant video I have been able to find. 

My work area is still being set up as supplies have been trickling in via the mail. That supplies list has been proving really helpful!

In the last few weeks I've changed my mind switched from brackets to double-snap, and this week flirted with doing an ESB build before firmly deciding on ANH.

I'm excited and nervous, and looking forward to delving in!

https://imgur.com/a/lM7yV

Edited by Twosolitudes
Trying to add an image...
  • Like 2

Great to hear you are aiming for the top straight from the start, I have pieces that I swap out between ANH and ESB, doesn't cost that much extra to do both ;) 

BTW when you post your image links you want to use the DIRECT link, will post as an image then not just a link ;) 

Good luck with the build :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great to hear you are aiming for the top straight from the start, I have pieces that I swap out between ANH and ESB, doesn't cost that much extra to do both ;) 

BTW when you post your image links you want to use the DIRECT link, will post as an image then not just a link ;) 

Good luck with the build :D

Thanks for the tip on direct link. I'll be practising my photo linking this week. ;-)

Both! I guess it would just take the helmet, belt and the hand guards... I know what my second build is going to be!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ABS80 said:

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Mark (AP)

Thanks Mark! The kit looks even better than I anticipated. I'll definitely let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks for for the tips included on the ABS edges; I need all the info I can get.

In hindsight, I kinda wish I had paid a little extra for the fully trimmed kit, but I guess I'll get to enjoy more of the build experience. 

Welcome aboard and great to see another AP build thread!:duim:  Seems like there is a lot of AP builds going on right now, that's great! Don't hesitate to ask questions if needed... Everything is so huge and overwhelming at the start, but you'll see, things will get less confused everyday! :P 

Good luck and, most important, have fun with your build! ^^

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hollowbodies said:

Welcome aboard and great to see another AP build thread!:duim:  Seems like there is a lot of AP builds going on right now, that's great! Don't hesitate to ask questions if needed... Everything is so huge and overwhelming at the start, but you'll see, things will get less confused everyday! :P 

Good luck and, most important, have fun with your build! ^^

Thanks! I'm following your thread, along with a bunch of others. :-)

• Like 1

Welcome Robert!  Best of luck with your build.  I just "finished" my AP kit and had a great time doing it.  (I don't think you ever truly finish these things - I'm currently upgrading the helmet and electronics and re-fitting some pieces and... you get the picture :)).  Take your time and have fun with it!

• Like 1

smsi8F9.jpgFinally, some time to do some trimming! After grappling with indecision for a while I chose to start with thermal detonator parts. I've cut them out and done some trimming. Still have to pick up some Krylon Grey Smoke for it. I'll keep working on the fine trimming and sanding until I can get to the store.

Question: Why does the "insert other media" feature not seem to work?

Edited by Twosolitudes
Add Image Link; question

• 3 weeks later...

LhP3MIf.jpgYj7r2bt.jpg

U08nWa6.jpg

The lexan scissors I ordered arrived this week, and what a difference. I am turning into a trimming machine (that trims at an almost glacial pace).  I've been spending more time checking out EIB and Centurion submissions and approvals, and watching other build threads.

To anyone reading this who hasn't yet purchased their armour, seriously consider paying the extra for the supplier to trim it for you; otherwise, make sure you get the lexan scissors early.

I paid the extra to have my helmet trimmed, and am so glad I did.

Significant progress has been made on the helmet, and with the arrival of the S-seal and dark green lens from Trooperbay, it should be finished soon.:smiley-sw013:

JYtjpIo.jpg

Overall, I'm enjoying the process and have set the goal to try and have my build done by May 4th, with submission(s) soon after. 

Looking good. I actually think that trimming yourself is good for two reasons - first, you get used to working with the ABS, and second, you can size to ideally fit your body. The bonus is you end up with a bunch of scrap for ABS paste if you need it! Oh, and you save money :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hollowbodies said:

Good job and good progress so far, mate! Did you use decals for the traps on the helmet, or did you paint them yourself? That TD is looking nice, too - keep up the good work! :D

Thanks! I used the decals on the traps and tears... leaving myself less of a chance of messing things up.  :P