Glue or snap straps to shoulder bells and arms?

Forgive all of these posts, but people on here are so helpful, and I want to get this right!

My question du jour is about connecting the shoulder bells to the shoulder bridge that goes between the back and chest plate, AND connecting biceps to forearms.  I was just about to put snaps on the strap of the shoulder bell, but I just watched TrooperBay's video, and he glues the strap into the shoulder bell, AND glues the entire arm armor together.  Of course, I know to snap the strap to the shoulder bridge between chest and back, but I was about to put snaps on the other end of the strap to snap into the shoulder bell, and snap the forearms and biceps.  

Is E6000 glue strong enough to hold the strap to the shoulder bell AND glue for connecting upper and lower arm armor?  I mean, if TrooperBay did it, I'd think it's ok.  Your thoughts?

Edited by rzill

• rzill changed the title to Glue or snap straps to shoulder bells and arms?

Snaps are commonly used there, makes it easier to swap out your elastic if it stretches over time

Like Glen, I used snaps for all connections.  After a few years of Trooping and sitting in hot armor bins, elastic can (and will) stretch and wear out.  (I have had this happen).  When gluing the bottom (flat) part of your snap to the armor, use nylon and E-6000.  That way, you can replace the top part of the snap that is attached to the elastic if needed.  BUT... be SURE to use the exact same brand of snaps that you did originally, as the size can vary slightly among mfrs.

• Like 1