WIP Promo Holster

this is the holster I was going for:

2Ebuymc.jpg

It's in the EBS pro pic's

8JOcgca.jpg 

Iv'e had the pattern for a while & had some leather kicking round so thought I'd nock it up!

Dc8UzHd.jpg

So constructive feed back is welcome :)

f6vxOEZ.jpg

it tapers at the bottom & is as close to a one to one as I could get :unsure: but sometimes when I look at something for a while I go a little snow blind, hense the request for thought's & opinions please

Nice work on the holster Steve, however i think that holster pictured is actually an ordinary holster that just hapens to have the belt loops pinched together giving the apearance of the shape of yours :unsure:

Im sure someone with more knowledge of such things will be along shortly to confirm / disprove my theory ;)

firebladejedi said:
Nice work on the holster Steve, however i think that holster pictured is actually an ordinary holster that just hapens to have the belt loops pinched together giving the apearance of the shape of yours :unsure:

Im sure someone with more knowledge of such things will be along shortly to confirm / disprove my theory ;)

Mark

Its definitely not a normal holster, take a quick look at what it looks like when you brighten

the picture up

--------

Steve,

other than maybe some stitching at the top of the opening of the front panel,

I think you nailed that sucker mate :)

Nice little curio you've created there Sir

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Billhag said:
Mark

Its definitely not a normal holster, take a quick look at what it looks like when you brighten

the picture up

--------

Steve,

other than maybe some stitching at the top of the opening of the front panel,

I think you nailed that sucker mate :)

Nice little curio you've created there Sir

Yeah my only question is whether its supposed to be a full length holster past where it gets cropped off in the picture.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

firebladejedi said:

Yep I've heard those thought's before Mark :) but in the absence of any compeling evidance the jury was still out for me. Who know's I could be wrong :huh:

Thanks for the brightening Billy :D as for the stitching this thing's still a WIP & here it is today

JakyxOg.jpg

I was just attempting to guage thought's & opinions on size, shape & everything else in general.

Good question James, I don't know :huh: thats the best pic I have of the TK's

Still looking for other impresions B)

I love it! I plan on going ESB Elite, and I would love to build a holster like this for my costume. Would you be willing to post dimensions or anything?

Thanks,

Andy

Yes Andy I certainly will, after I'm happy with the final cut.

Any Helpfull UK Trooper who would like to try this on their amrour for size, to help me with the dimensions/scale, in a bid to get this pinned down please pm me.

I could try to help out with scale if I could. I could throw that picture into AutoCAD and put in the dimensions of the E-11 he's holding. Then scale the whole picture to that, I can find out the rough dimensions of the holster too. My CO has a real E-11 sterling with all real parts, I'll see what I can do :)

Andy

Yep I've heard those thought's before Mark :) but in the absence of any compeling evidance the jury was still out for me. Who know's I could be wrong :huh:

Still looking for other impresions B)

Steve dont get me wrong i think you have made a lovely looking holster you have made. I personally like the look of being different from the other tk's.

I know that in anh some of the troopers had the rebel style holsters on their belts and they were of this design i think? So maybe that was one of those too...

I believe that the holster in the photo is a regular holster that is pinched. The prop dept. must have added new straps to the holsters for ESB because they were originally cut down and riveted to the belts. With new straps, they looped over the belt which can easily make them pinch together and make the holster look deformed. The other holster in the ANH promo photos, looks to be a Death Star Gunners or Guards holster, not a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I haven't really looked into it so don't quote me.

I believe that the holster in the photo is a regular holster that is pinched. The prop dept. must have added new straps to the holsters for ESB because they were originally cut down and riveted to the belts. With new straps, they looped over the belt which can easily make them pinch together and make the holster look deformed. The other holster in the ANH promo photos, looks to be a Death Star Gunners or Guards holster, not a Rebel Fleet Trooper. I haven't really looked into it so don't quote me.

Good analogy Paul, but either way, it was nicely made mate! :salute::trooper:

Im sorry mate but i think its a pinched holster were the ESB loops have just moved toether.

Heres my evidence

2769794633_8387b24038_o.jpg

:( ....arrh Man!, looks like there goes my application to CSI Miami.....

Mark

I think that I owe you an apology mate, the newly presented evidence is quite persuasive

and backs up your original observation

Peter

Sir, I must yield to your superior investigative skills in the persuit of the irrefutable truth.

Your compelling evidence of the 'pinched curve' and 'cavas belt strain' leads this humble

amateur sleuth to believe that there is an high probability that this could in fact be a normal

holster photographed in the position as stated.

Steve,

It's still a bloody nice holster mate :D

Wow thats a bit more input, thanks guy's :D

1: Thanks Andy, views on an AutoCAD would be great.

2: Hi Mark, no worries! as mentioned in my first reply I could be wrong :) I'm just looking for compeling evidance either way, the pic's you mentioned might help?

3: Thanks Paul, I'm not too familiar with Death Star Gunners or Guards holster but if you have any pic's to share as a comparision that would be cool.

4: Thanks Bernard, it's not made yet, it's just a rough mock up (no stitches) in case it's wrong

5: No apologies needed Peter, Hope you don't mind but I used the pic You posted. I have done some similar mock up's with my ANH holster, I just never could account for the lost material outside of the blue lines & the way the unedited picture give's the more of an appearance of a flat surface on the back wall of the holster, from the above light source.

2769794633_8387b24038_o.jpg&key=1933c2a1

6: Thanks Billy

Thanks for All help for far guy's :salute: I just want to replicate exactly what appers in the promo pic & I know with your assistance, if it's ANH & or another holster I can achieve that, cos you guy's are TK & only TK's are so precise B)

OK this is the only other configeration i can come up with to sit inside the blue lines.Someone folded the loops over on themselves.left became right and right left.

2770951481_c9f0290052_o.jpg

Great subject,just dont waste too much leather on it.You could make a run of ANH holsters .I will take one from you.

Thanks Guy's B) on this new evidance I will cogitate.

thats (mock up another new ANH holster tomorrow & test these different theories, then post my finding's) should've done that in the first place perhaps :blink:

No prob's Pete, I've got absolutly heaps of leather lying around, to ruin on my little projects :rolleyes:

So after nocking up a couple more holsters today I underwent some intensive testing with them <_<

Here's the holster Based on TM's original pattern, with the strap's twisted in on them selves.

front & centre

86OqIci.jpg

side view

ItDB3Pl.jpg

& here's one with the straps just bunched together :rolleyes:

front & centre

YDk5jPQ.jpg

The leather is about three mil thick & is a half split hide, very very supple but strong as girders :D

thanks for all the help guy's, I can put this to bed now, it's appears to be down to the suppleness of the leather used, go figure!! :blush:

Here's another thread I started a while back that may benifit from some similar input? ;)

I edited the first post (highlighted in blue of why I started the thread) don't want to bupm it in case I've bored folk's to tears :unsure: it would be awesome if this matter was resolved too, if thats cool?

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed