AP ANH Stunt Build

Steaditrooper

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

One thing I need advise/help with is the painting of the ears. Does it matter which bump gets painted? Does it have to be the rear one?

I have the same question - I tried to find an answer, but never did.  For the pics - I had to get an imgur account and post the links to the thread.

I can help you guys with that one, for basic and EIB (expert infantry badge) painting the ear bumps is optional and it doesn`t matter which one you paint of you choose to do so and you can paint more than one, personally I think it would look wierd to paint more than two,  for Centurion you paint one of the bumps:salute:

4 hours ago, wook1138 said:

I have the same question - I tried to find an answer, but never did.  For the pics - I had to get an imgur account and post the links to the thread.

Thanks for the imgur info Greg. I got it working.

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

I can help you guys with that one, for basic and EIB (expert infantry badge) painting the ear bumps is optional and it doesn`t matter which one you paint of you choose to do so and you can paint more than one, personally I think it would look wierd to paint more than two,  for Centurion you paint one of the bumps:salute:

Thanks Daniel.

• Like 1

So far today I have glued the remaining cover strips on the forearms. Tomorrow I will start joining the two haves together. The biceps are now fully glued together and I have made the bicep hooks for the shoulder bell straps. I'm looking for advice on my ears. In particular the black pinstripe. I'm no painter and my hand isn't that steady. I've gone at it with a toothpick with some good results for straightening the lines. Is this ok or am I hiring an artist to make it acceptable?

87TpcGJ.jpgtYzyBjW.jpgbR4zDUw.jpgUalCdgo.jpg

I've trimmed down the TD clips. I'm much happier now. Looks way better. I rounded the corners to avoid snags and scratches. I've seen others put white velcro (soft side) on the backs of the clips to avoid damaging their armour. I just might do that.

BeforeFSiQ8EB.jpg

AfterFn2G5qP.jpg

A question about cover strips for those in the know. I've started trimming the thighs. Before I go any farther I need some guidance. I went with 20mm cover strips on my arms. Front and back, forearms and biceps. I needed to based on the narrow armour circumference. I know canon is 15mm for the arms and 20mm for the thighs. Since I went with 20mm for the arms, should I still try for 20mm on the thighs? Will it look unbalanced?

That looks great to:) Did you make these ittle bends att the ends? Helps sliding it on the belt.

med_gallery_12157_59_18095.jpg

But if I may...don`t use velcro, just doesn`t look right does it:smiley-sw013: yes you probably will get scratches but unless you pound on the TD on the belt thats all you will end up with...and it won`t show anyways - but Hey! that`s just my opinion:duim:

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

A question about cover strips for those in the know. I've started trimming the thighs. Before I go any farther I need some guidance. I went with 20mm cover strips on my arms. Front and back, forearms and biceps. I needed to based on the narrow armour circumference. I know canon is 15mm for the arms and 20mm for the thighs. Since I went with 20mm for the arms, should I still try for 20mm on the thighs? Will it look unbalanced?

What size cover strip do you need to cover the raised edges? If I were you and I didn`t "have to go bigger" I would use slightly bigger for the thighs 22-23 and 20 for front of shins. Back of shins should never be smaller than 25 otherwise it might get tricky to hide the seem. And it`s also how they did it in the movie:duim:

2 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

What size cover strip do you need to cover the raised edges? If I were you and I didn`t "have to go bigger" I would use slightly bigger for the thighs 22-23 and 20 for front of shins. Back of shins should never be smaller than 25 otherwise it might get tricky to hide the seem. And it`s also how they did it in the movie:duim:

I haven't trimmed the front yet so I can go slightly wider for the thighs like you suggested. Thanks for your suggestion.

15 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

That looks great to:) Did you make these ittle bends att the ends? Helps sliding it on the belt.

med_gallery_12157_59_18095.jpg

But if I may...don`t use velcro, just doesn`t look right does it:smiley-sw013: yes you probably will get scratches but unless you pound on the TD on the belt thats all you will end up with...and it won`t show anyways - but Hey! that`s just my opinion:duim:

Hmmm. I like those bends...better than the velcro idea. Thanks.

They won`t help against scratches but they help getting it on the belt especially if one likes to be able to dress without a handler (like me) you could try and sand the edges as smooth as possible but I didn`t bother since it won`t show when wearing the belt...and you always do:)

Woke up early this morning and got to work. First thing was to "unwrap" my biceps. Woohoo! A little E6000 clean up and time for shoulder bell clip installation. Well, the clips I made yesterday were too short. No biggie. I made longer ones. 15 minutes later and they're in. Zap-A-Gap for a quick set up time, a clamp and good to go.

0r2wxsU.jpg7r0X9Gb.jpg

Completed biceps...other than a couple small tweaks if needed.

0gh90RL.jpg

Finally, before breakfast, gluing my forearms together. One side only.

eMTSbpc.jpg

A little E6000 and...wait until tomorrow to squeeze the halves together and complete the forearms!LGXUrUy.jpg

So far, it's been a productive day. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Looking good!  That is a good jump on the day.  I feel guilty for sitting at the computer and drinking coffee.  Sort of.

It might be all I get done today. Busy day full of Christmas events and guests.

I'm looking at trimming my Ab armour. AP provides a lot of excess to help avoid shimming. I have more than enough on the kidney piece and am wondering where on the Ab piece I should cut? I think the screen used armour Ab pieces end around where I marked #1. I originally was thinking about cutting at #2. Also, should there be a return edge here once trimmed?jRJ9ljv.jpg

p.s. Pro tip: Knives are sharp. Don't use them before the morning coffee kicks in. Also, avoid getting Zip Kicker into any cuts. Ouch!

Edited by Sean
humor

I´m no shim-expert but my advise is to keep the seem slightly off-center towards the ab-section, pics are from my Centurion-app for reference. I didn`t need to shim so I guess that`s were the seem is supposed to be:) As for return edge - there`s no requriment for it but if you can pull it of then in my opinion I think you should go for it.

uPVWNKIl.jpg

dxq0SQMl.jpg

Was having a dickens of a time last night rough fitting my chest and back. The shoulder straps AP provides come flat. Time to do some cooking while enjoying some coffee.

OkPltC7m.jpgr1SKvyDm.jpgOThOblMm.jpg

aPPrt9Om.jpg  And that should help.

3 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Looks good.  Did you cut off the big bump and one small bump form the back?  I thought I read that from Mark at one point.

I cut off the big one. I'm going to wait with the other one until after I've fitted everything. Mark did say that BTW.

Edited by Sean
accuracy