ANOVOS (DENUO NOVO) FOTK Armor Delivery Possibility

JonnieBear

I opened everything and put it all out on the floor.  Photos show everything except the screws and Velcro it came with.

There's a plastic film on the armor parts that make them look a little off white and dull.  That peels off.

The belt boxes and TD are solid and heavy.

Came with a sticker sheet.

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6625.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

Edited by TK16390
  • Like 3

Good to see they have included the correct Cod piece for the TLJ version as we just updated that requirment in the TLJ CRL

Fore arms are hard to tell but look to be TFA version so wrong cut for TLJ.

I think that can be remedied with a little careful trimming and if needed addition of some material to change the shape at the elbow end if at all.

What is the TD made of? is it plastic or a resin?

Bonding the front yoke to the back plate will require some reinforcement to make it one piece and suit the CRL but that shouldn't be difficult in the grand scheme of bog work, gluing and painting.

Thank you for posting these up Scott, i am elated that you have revived you kit after such a long wait and hope everyone else also receives what they are owed.

TD is a solid piece of resin, feels like a brick, so it is very heavy and will require some kind of reinforcement because the armor parts are very thin and flimsy.

Edited by TK16390

1 hour ago, TK16390 said:

TD is a solid piece of resin, feels like a brick, so it is very heavy and will require some kind of reinforcement because the armor parts are very thin and flimsy.

Wow!

Piece of trivia for you.

The TFA screen used Thermal detonators were cast of resin and weighed in at 1.4 Kg, so looks like DN  have gone down the same path.

8 hours ago, TK16390 said:

I'm wondering how much weight would be lost if the main pipe section was cut out and PVC pipe inserted, like the screen used TLJ

e21b48a801cbf067ea9e063c032de310.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Fore arms are hard to tell but look to be TFA version so wrong cut for TLJ.

I think that can be remedied with a little careful trimming and if needed addition of some material to change the shape at the elbow end if at all.

TFA Finn/Stunt

I think a couple of triangle pieces of ABS should take care of those, could easily convert to either TFA or TLJ/TROS

1558271972_forearmstlj.thumb.png.f6a03f6a311f9fff3f8612b83d184e96.png

• Like 1

A comparison of what Denuo show on their website to what you may receive. 2 months on and the conversation has gone quite with no end in sight, does this sound familiar to anyone?

notsame.thumb.png.432ce3e15b841dc15cc687a394741f3e.png

I received my kit today.  The info page says “39 vacuum for armor parts, 21 detailed resin parts”.  As shown above, there are actually 36 armor parts and 31 resin parts.

And the picture on the info page has a TLJ helmet.

Edited by daryldoak

Although some will be different due to changed parts here is the Anovos FOTK instructions for anyone looking for them

Anovos Instructions.pdf

• Like 1

Got my Anovos / DN FOTK kit yesterday from my order from 2016! Kit looks pretty much exactly like the one pictured above. A bit overwhelmed and not sure where to start. Had given up on ever seeing it and couldn't afford to chase after other armor kits so I had given up on 501st and have been out of the loop since maybe 2018 or 2019. Which film CRL are these kits best suited for (I know it will have to be adjusted to fit any of them, just curious which one I should go for)? Back when I order the kit, they were still working on the first FOTK CRL and I have been out of the forums so long I don't have any idea what the difference is. Excited to start getting back into this, but the timing is kinda awful as we just moved 2000 miles across the country last month so might be a while before I have time to build the kit. Just glad I reached out to them with our new address when we moved on the off chance they would actually send something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, griffonknight said:

Got my Anovos / DN FOTK kit yesterday from my order from 2016! Kit looks pretty much exactly like the one pictured above. A bit overwhelmed and not sure where to start. Had given up on ever seeing it and couldn't afford to chase after other armor kits so I had given up on 501st and have been out of the loop since maybe 2018 or 2019. Which film CRL are these kits best suited for (I know it will have to be adjusted to fit any of them, just curious which one I should go for)? Back when I order the kit, they were still working on the first FOTK CRL and I have been out of the forums so long I don't have any idea what the difference is. Excited to start getting back into this, but the timing is kinda awful as we just moved 2000 miles across the country last month so might be a while before I have time to build the kit. Just glad I reached out to them with our new address when we moved on the off chance they would actually send something. 

The kits have a little bit of work required, suits the TLJ version (which will be the helmet you should receive) more than TFA, some updates mentioned in this thread 

The TLJ CRL is currently being updated, discussion thread here

We have a recent addition to the forums, First Order Battle Group home of everything FOTK

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

And Tony's FOTK build is a great one to follow

Anovos instructions

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=30530&key=6a21e472f45aab13dea84c3f494efccd

And when in doubt check both the CRL's and Gallery sections

Supply list for your FOTK 

• Like 2

The Anovos instructions are still mostly accurate.  All parts are the same except the 2 piece TD, the 2 piece holster, and the belt is not preassembled.  Also, be aware that calf left and calf right numbers are reversed.  Calf left is actually 18B, calf right is 17B (calf-gate is back, IYKYK).

Someone posted the Denuo Novo instructions on FB, which the file is named “TLJ FO armor kit”.  Interesting…

After a quick review, I noticed that they corrected the calf numbering issue, but now there are new numbering issues:

Spat numbers are reversed.  Left spat should be 19A, right spat should be 20A

Bicep insides are reversed.  Left bicep should be 4B, right bicep should be 3B

Edited by daryldoak

This just received from Denuo Novo.  Time to move my TFA build log that I just created to the TLJ section.  LOL

Hi Daryl,

The helmet will be The Last Jedi.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

Denuo Novo Customer Service

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daryldoak said:

This just received from Denuo Novo.  Time to move my TFA build log that I just created to the TLJ section.  LOL

Hi Daryl,

The helmet will be The Last Jedi.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

Moved to TLJ Build Threads :duim:

Still selling the kit as TFA, maybe use a different helmet then Denuo NoGO

pic.png.73305d70e58160fd830ce54abb32f1d1.png

Link to what's in the box https://www.denuonovo.com/blogs/the-lore/stormtrooper-armor-kit-whats-in-the-box

All together you should have enough to cover the essentials to start your build into the becoming a stormtrooper. In our next piece of this series, we are going to cover The Gotta Haves vs Nice to Haves - excerpts pulled from some professional Stormtrooper builders out there who have done and seen it all themselves!  

WOW wonder who the "professional Stormtrooper Builders" are, so excited to find out, maybe there's a group you can go to that can help you build and have lots of screen references :laugh1:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The B-Boy Fett said:

Anyone know if this new kit needs to be painted white? Or is it good as is?

There are pieces that will need joining, filling and painting, some have been mentioned in this thread, also some mentioned in this one

I have been asked a few times about some areas which may require some work, filling, painting, FIRSTLY check with your GML as some may allow some items/details, others may not, also note the TLJ CRL is being updated and some text/images may change.

Back/Yoke
There are no visible seams on the back/yoke (front and rear pieces need to be glued, filled and painted).

800px-TFA_TK_back_yoke.png

Note the overlap, this would need gluing, filled and painted

IMG_20190411_142243.jpg.8ee1560cadeac5ca069c8f53100e0cc1.jpg

Abdomen Section
The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam (would need to be joined on both sides, filled and painted).

No4aiJR.png

Biceps
Biceps have one seam that faces forward, and a seam on the inside of the arm. The rest of the bicep must be seamless

(joined on sides, filled and painted). I haven't had a close up of these, I think they may be ok the way they have molded them and won't need to be filled as previous version were.

800px-TFA_TK_biceps.png

Forearms
Have the wrong shape at the elbows for TLJ, they are more TFA "Finn/Stunt" style (triangles pieces of plastic could be added, filled and painted).

forearms tlj.png

Thermal Detonator
TLJ detonator center section is an inserted piece of pipe, top ridge and control panel are cut out showing the black pipe inside. This may be for higher level clearance.

e21b48a801cbf067ea9e063c032de310.jpg

CRL Update discussion thread can be found here

Also recent yoke discussion here

• Like 3

18th August 2022

Another update on the continuing pauldron saga, finally after another 2 weeks, 3 emails and messages on their FB account a response

Hi Glen,

We have no way of reimbursing you since we didn't take the original payment.  I will have the replacement sent to you as soon as I can.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

No mention of returning the pauldron I have in hand I guess that's just too difficult, I will just have to wait another month or so and see if one turns up, or perhaps I may get tracking info who knows.

Oh and for those wanting to compare Denuo Novo's pauldron I received with screen references, there's a few pauldrons in this video

Ridges.jpg

Received by a member who ordered November 24, 2016

299481461_10159006902422291_2294302645251827264_n.jpg.962afebe4b623bb0eae9805b4e65d492.jpg

Appears they don't have everyone's back order as yet but hope to soon so keep those fingers crossed

3 hours ago, lithiumus said:

Im going to go the other way and make this a TFA

Ill have to source a TFA cod piece…. What other major differences?  TD?  Helmet obviously…