Hero-build for Centurion (hopefully) (APPROVED) [TM]

TheSwede

Greetings exalted ones :icon_bow:

TX 99665 turning to the White Side after spending some time in the Shadows :smiley-sw013:

I orderd my TM Hero-kit (1.5mm) about a week ago and really look forward to another build, as many of you states, it`s really addictive! This build will be "all-out" meaning screen-used strapping method, grappling hook and comlink and I really hope I can make it look like it`s from the movie #fingers#crossed.

I like to make stuff so I have started with the comlink and gappling box (pics to follow) ordered the hook itself (can`t make that one:P) from blockaderunner and hopefully it will arrive soon. The switch and rectractable wire is also en route. 

The armor itself looks truly amazing and I hope I can make it justice!

And on a final note: I look forward to interact with you guys since that is a big part of the fun in doing a build :salute:

On to the pics (as soon as I figure out best way to upload that is^_^)

Edited by jedha-trooper
spelling
  • Like 1

Let`s see if this work....this is my ANOVOS shadow....

6T9C5ED.jpg

...it worked, great!

So..this was my first attempt on the comlink...

lmoPbtb.jpg

...wasn`t happy with it so here`s the second version...approvable?

HfTdUH5.jpg

The box: 

Started with some plastic, made a 4x4 inch plate (perhaps it`s too big?)                                                            

zKsZwr5.jpg

Cutting the sides

vw1aQqn.jpg

Glueing it together

7o1bmZi.jpg54pJDk4.jpg

Using the glue as a reference for size and cut the backplate down afterwards and the strip will become                     

the holder for the hook.                                                                                                                                     

sNh35iV.jpg

added some strips for support and for the glue to have more to hold on to and gave the strip a bath and bent it in shape.

4wJmFTu.jpg

That`s the progress thus far, any suggestions would be very much appreciated 

Edited by jedha-trooper
Changed/removed pictures
  • Like 1

Made this the other day for my Shadow and have extra pieces to make one for the Hero "yeey" :dancing-trooper:

...made a support-pole for my plastic "mannequinn" using a 30lbs plate, wall mounted door stop, scrap abs, double sided tape, aluminum rods and some soft velcro and printed a Cog and laminated it.

TTQsbch.jpg

Added som duct tape to make a snug fit
DbhSvUS.jpg

Put it tohether and then added the scrap plastic using double sided tape with soft velcro underneath to make it more steady and easy on the floors. Ended up putting some soft stuff on the door stop as well and it worked out pretty good.

NLjHJx1.jpg

b75W80t.jpg

Drilled a hole.....see were to drill? :P

LkOmJt3.jpg

mnf5tRJ.jpg

Ready to get dressed...sorry for all the black and I forgot the helmet at home :rolleyes: (removed the "feet" as they are no longer needed for support and as a bonus it makes dressing easier).

AN4xeCD.jpg

GdaQXw7.jpg

It will be better when I get some stuffing the keep everything lined up properly...instead of wrapping myself in duct tape I will use an inflatable mannequinn and stuff it with pillow cushioning since it won`t be inflated for obvious reasons :P

• Like 1

And one for my son...gonna do another one with the correct hook, straps and T-21 but you get the idea of what can be done...and it`s not me who does them, I just happened to come across it on FB and I highly recommend it:jc_doublethumbup:

Tx29gTJ.jpg

• TheSwede changed the title to Hero-build for Centurion (hopefully) [TM]

So...this little fellow (electric guitar switch) arrived the other day and the plan was to install it in the box today....but....

1AOVILB.jpg

.....after some thinking and decision-making I contacted TM for the screen-used strapping option with belt because the dicision I made was rather then collect stuff all over I might just as well get the stuff from one source and screen accuracy-wise you can`t go wrong ordering from TM and here`s the but...to my surprise TM offered to supply a vac-formed grappling box free of charge to my kit! I of course accepted the offer for three reasons: 1# It´s from TM  2#I don`t have to worry about getting my box up to specs (the one I was "building") an 3# "free" always has a nice ring to it :P

So...instead I took it a part in preparation for when the Kit arrives and boy there where alot of partsB)

Y2Sf0qv.jpg

Another delivery today *wohaa* :P 

cN9eFCvl.jpg

Inspection-time!

dYdAmfJl.jpg

What do you mean it´s not mine??!!

uctcNwul.jpg

This was great but somehow I´m more excited over another big box delivery in the near future :smiley-sw013:

• Like 3

Those half-Husky bins are fantastic!  So easy to transport everything in there with minimal space.  Have you picked up a bag for your helmet yet?  

Yeah just gonna add some nice decals/stickers and I´m good to go:duim: and no, not yet...got something in mind?

and just remebered: to add some foam to the interior!

Edited by jedha-trooper

A delivery today as well and not the biggest box but welcomed just the same:smiley-sw013:

nice package!

MCkorhgl.jpg

A vital part for the Hero-build and hopefully paint and assembly can start tomorrow^_^

hkPEMqPl.jpg

• Like 1

Here we go :smiley-sw013:

Used this as a reference....the hooks extend waaaay more...I want THAT one!!...oh well...

H9KiczZm.png

...paint the parts

FaoENtP.jpg

Assemble

vj3e4Oe.jpg

cjwbyae.jpg

And the accessories are done^_^  (..whilst trying to ignore the difference..)

5TGMklV.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Daniel, 

I think the arms of the grappling hook are black in the movie.  Don't know if you want to paint those arms or not.
36178903766_8c67a572d6_c.jpg

The movie scene:

https://youtu.be/VrbvWt5kerw?t=1m12s

Everything is coming along really nice!  Keep up the good work!

Edited by Cricket
link correction

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

Hey Daniel, 

I think the arms of the grappling hook are black in the movie.  Don't know if you want to paint those arms or not.
36178903766_8c67a572d6_c.jpg

The movie scene:

https://youtu.be/VrbvWt5kerw?t=1m12s

Everything is coming along really nice!  Keep up the good work!

Hey! and well...I´m not entirely sure, I did a lot of looking at scenes and pictures and it´s hard to find a definitive answer, at least  in my opinion...the scene suggested sure make it look black but since it´s metal, I could be wrong but it sounds like metal clashing when Luke fiddles with it or made to sound that way due to the fact it´s a prop...anyways...there´s a lot of reflection and shadows going on which make it hard to tell for sure...and almost all the reference pics show the hooks to be of silver/silver-like colour as does the "hot toy-figure". Going over the movie and pics yet again I think it´s somewhere in between, maybe gun metal/grey-isch and quite possible they also used diffrent ones ...however....due to your post I started thinking again (now I´m boasting:P) and as the pic in the CRL show it´s black so.....re-painting it is! Thanks for the input, much appreciated^_^:salute: and..have you got yours yet? and if so, would you mind posting a picture?

• Like 1

Thats very nice! Is it the one one sale here? And the comlink looks super to! I might have to change "build what you can yourself-approach" even though it`s fun I´m not sure i will look as good ^_^

I´m of to paint the one I got now and then se how it works/looks with the box when it arrives and go from there :smiley-sw013:

And painted...this time I did it by hand, practise until it`s time for the helmet :smiley-sw013:...was thinking about going free-handed and not use any templates...not that I´m Rembrant or any thing and kind of expecting to do some clean up and re-painting but thought it would be fun to try at least B)

oseseekl.jpg

• Like 1