JenEyre's WTF ANH TK Build

jeneyre

More progress .... Have officially reached the stage where I can tape things onto myself!

The codpiece is currently sitting way too low. The shoulder is very very roughly trimmed. Thought I remembered seeing on another kids tent to be too small if you trim the shoulder Bell to certain place, so I trimmed it very minimally.

5cdc99576b9a3073ec9615acc9f256df.jpg

I believe that the picture below is where the codpiece actually should be sitting. Since I'm doing for the shopping, I'm wondering if I could just make larger elastic so that the top of the chest piece overlap lower. I have tons of elastic and sewing machine is much more within my wheelhouse so that will be a very happy fix!

62991474ca7c79417f25cbeedbf97041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TapaTalk is giving me errors so I'm posting this in two parts in order to avoid using losing my progress!

Here are the other views -

1132a6666dc79ce49d3c557705ee4f69.jpg

And this is the point where I realize how it would be useful to have someone else around to help... I'm used to fitting fabric costumes on myself by myself, but I ended up not having the back seam of the left calf be as vertical as I would have liked it.... Could Have been avoided with a helper. But I'm on April school vacation this week and don't want to wait for help and I'm stubborn so as long as my neck and back muscles are not complaining THAT much I'll keep working!

5b11874fb78f757c70715776bf510246.jpg

My tape wasn't holding any more so I'm holding up my thigh here...

06fd85d041231532caee75d5c2575d55.jpg

Your chest can definitely overlap the ab more. Just make sure the button plates are still fully visible. If you need to shorten the ab even more, you can split the cod and remove some ABS and the belt will cover the seam.

• Like 1

Yup, what lucnak said. Well done trooper. Looking Great!

Is the chest plate choking you a little, or do you have enough clearance there? Want to make sure you're comfortable.

4 minutes ago, 68Brick said:

Yup, what lucnak said. Well done trooper. Looking Great!

Is the chest plate choking you a little, or do you have enough clearance there? Want to make sure you're comfortable.

Thank you!!!

In some of the pictures above the chest plate was definitely choking me! I had it taped pretty close to the back piece, though, so I'll make sure I don't choke myself when I actually fit it! Only Vader gets to choke stormtroopers . . .not their armor!

• Like 1

Your chest can definitely overlap the ab more. Just make sure the button plates are still fully visible. If you need to shorten the ab even more, you can split the cod and remove some ABS and the belt will cover the seam.

And it's looking like I'll need to cut the cod...... Your reminder that it will be hidden under the belt has made it less intimidating!

And it's looking like I'll need to cut the cod...... Your reminder that it will be hidden under the belt has made it less intimidating!

• Like 1

Definitely cut the cod - makes a world of difference. Cricket pasted it back together with ABS paste, but I just tucked it behind the ab and strapped it.

FK3iTyrQXyeb1yOmajn7slAV27RdpNzXRYjJQTwN

Edited by shashachu
  • Like 3

Ohhhhhh I hadn't thought of strapping it! I'll probably e6000 it.

How's my placement look?
6eb66eaa24d93122cb074f8080096dc7.jpg

I think it also looks like I need to bend in the shoulder straps. Might as well get that out of the way while I have my pot of water on the stove!

17e6c9ec1d004737f43143ed20ddc26f.jpg

d37e8a277f8a88a725715cda596587f5.jpg

• Like 2

For snaps that don't show on the outside, can I use this color (instead of the silver) on my TK without affecting approval? (Eventually aiming for centurion)

I have a bunch of these on hand and should really avoid a trip to Tandy.... Way too much temptation there!

b38d67ace1bf6763c24ab402796db235.jpg

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

All part of the learning curve :duim:  Plus side I get to read up on my fellow troopers WTF builds

Positive attitude, Love it :jc_doublethumbup:

Yup, non-visible strapping/snaps doesn't affect approval. The exceptions might be the visible snaps on the butt piece and the 'Han snap' on the right of the ab. I know they shouldn't be painted white, but I don't know if they need to be silver, either. The CRL doesn't specify. @ukswrath any input here?

4 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Yup, non-visible strapping/snaps doesn't affect approval. The exceptions might be the visible snaps on the butt piece and the 'Han snap' on the right of the ab. I know they shouldn't be painted white, but I don't know if they need to be silver, either. The CRL doesn't specify. @ukswrath any input here?

So long as they're not painted white would be the concern, the metallic color is not specified. Good observation Sha Sha 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

After getting distracted for a while by a whole bunch of soft costumes..... I'm back at it!

We got a new oven that has a burner powerful enough to actually heat up the giant pot I needed to up an appropriately-sized hot water bath. Finally got around to shaping my shins to my satisfaction.e197f5dab8ca46ac4e9b138917a86b26.jpg

Had more clamps on them then show in the picture but I needed to use those for other projects today.

d586575abcd2f5dde702f7f056f015d9.jpg3be2818834d85c069dfaac03c2f66b28.jpg

I put plastic bags on one of my dress forms and used it as my guide to shape the shoulders and shoulder straps. The front side is still clamped and gluing so no pictures of the finished project. But I figured I'd share that tip for anyone who, like me, primarily sews and may have a dress form around!

I also use the hot water bath on the belt and the thigh ammo pack and attached it. I couldn't get the tools inside to do the double cap rivets so I did split rivets and painted them on the outside. I actually ended up using a C-clamp to flatten and spread out the split part of the rivet after I opened it a little bit with a screwdriver. I8830deaeb671703d6cbaa5264c389eaf.jpg

• Like 1

So long as they're not painted white would be the concern, the metallic color is not specified. Good observation Sha Sha 

Also, need to send out a HUGE thank you to you, ukswrath , as it's been awhile since I worked on this so I was a bit rusty and have been finding your well organized and indexed anovos stunt build invaluable!

2 hours ago, jeneyre said:

Also, need to send out a HUGE thank you to you, ukswrath , as it's been awhile since I worked on this so I was a bit rusty and have been finding your well organized and indexed anovos stunt build invaluable!

My pleasure glad to be of assistance :D, Troopers Helping Troopers

• Like 1