Andrew's First Build - WTF ANH Stunt TK

djmatrix09

Tons more progress this morning. Got the bridges figured out, and installed the retaining elastic for the bells. I assembled and installed the ammo pack and installed my first split Rivets!

I also cleaned up the drop boxes, looking at EIB submissions. Glued the drop box straps.

At the bottom of the rear, I installed the two male snaps. On the cod, I installed a functional split rivet for some retaining elastic for my nether region.

Getting very close!

I also went to the fabric store again to pickup material for a canvas belt. Should be an interesting build. f35eee107fce52b3858187aa56d9a9ec.jpgb4d619b337b8b221add95608e4dda5c7.jpg4a987d5a9817be9d9082c4b2b87e9b19.jpg2a1597de23b16fac8c8d1bd4c8057d18.jpgdbc2f3761fc9752c6ef83912ec5f8974.jpg6c76ceb7651babd33bf582151a687090.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For EI/Centurion,Ā the cod elastic should be 1ā€, that looks like 1.5ā€ or 2ā€?
Thanks! If I go that direction, I'll keep that in mind. Right now, I'm going for comfort.

I decided to try out our new sewing machine, and fabricated my own belt. Canvas layup with vinyl inside for support. Overall, I'm happy with the finished product.

Once the belt was made, I got my armor back on to measure the holes for the Chicago Screws. This preloads the belt a little, but keeps it from looking wonky once assembled to the armor. Looks darn good!

Ā 

72b39255ee7f5d4a09148be07daddf38.jpg93a3ab9a2358d69edbe3b59740fc2307.jpg

Ā 

Edited by djmatrix09

The belt was the FINAL detail I needed for submission photos.Ā  My lovely--and SUPER pregnant--wife, Lauren helped me get dressed and navigated me around stairs and thresholds.Ā  So there you have it, my WTF build and submission photos.Ā  Thanks for reading, and feel free to DM me with any questions or comments on my build.Ā Ā 

NiceĀ work mate. I do notice that your belt is sitting quite low in that last pic,Ā perhaps itā€™s slipped off the poppers?
We were so excited, we forgot to snap the about buttons onto the belt!

Lovely job. Your armour fits you really well.

Aside from the belt, the only thing Iā€™d mention, and Iā€™m not sure if it affects clearance at any level, is that your ears could be considered a little thick. If it were me, Iā€™d be tempted to trim them a little.

Ā 

56d06e3b0c4124e28ea5f269b5d7d74c.jpg

Ā 

Great job, Trooper. And congrats on the baby. :-)

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My GML said the same, though for basic approval it should work.

The ears I'll figure out for EIB. They're thick due to the face plate pitching too far aft, and my cap/back was pulled fairly straight, with no curve. My noggin is gigantic, so I pitched the face intentionally so I could get the bucket on my head! LOL choices I suppose.

The eyes could use a trim, you're right. The reference photos I'd seen with that edge were mostly Sandtroopers. I'll also add it was the first component I assembled, and I admit I was timid trimming for the first time. The lenses are on epoxy puttied T-nuts, so if vision becomes a concern - - it was already tough going down one stair and a threshold - - I'll surely take your advice.

Love it, thanks again guys!

• Like 1

Took everyone's advice... And my GML Jason. Cleaned up the eyes with my set of needle files, and trimmed the ears down. Looks waaaay better!

Since I was reworking the bucket I also adjusted the opening at the S-Trim to remove a bit of excess flashing. Makes getting the helmet on and off a bit easier. 27287b0c6268fffd1e03f2d119186d3a.jpg

Good job, Andrew. Eyes look great. Canā€™t quite see where the ears meet the tubes, but they already look better. :-)

Best of luck with your clearance. Youā€™ve made a great looking set of armour. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1