TK 5924 Requesting (ANH STUNT) Centurion status [Anovos] [268]

Solcar23

Well, I'm fresh off posting my EIB status and I figured I'd be pro-active and get this ball rolling too.  Here's my submission for Centurion status for my Anovos build.  Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Ok, then........(holds breath)....here we go:

Name: Carlos Mendoza
Legion ID: TK 5924
Forum Name: Solcar23
Garrison: Midwest Garrison
501st Member Page: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=14790
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 175
Armor maker: Anovos
Helmet maker: Anovos
Blaster: Doopydoos full kit
Canvas Belt: Gazmosis
Holster: Gazmosis
Hand Plates: Latex/Trooperbay
Electronics: Icomm voice changer/ Aker
Boots maker: TK Boots/Size 11
Neckseal: Anovos

And now the pictures............

Front - Arms at side:

01%20-%20Front%20-%20Arms%20at%20side_zp

Back - Arms at side:

02%20-%20Back%20-%20Arms%20at%20side_zps

Left - Arm raised:

03%20-%20Left%20-%20Arms%20raised_zpsmep

Right - Arm raised:

04%20-%20Right%20-%20Arms%20raised_zpszz

Right side detail:

05%20Right%20Side%20Detail_zps82ecweva.j

Right side "Han" snap, as it didn't come through in the above pictures:

05a%20Right%20Side%20quotHanquot%20Snap_

Left side detail:

06%20-%20Left%20Side%20Detail_zpsptm7qi2

Rubber Gloves and Latex Hand Plates:

07%20-%20Rubber%20Hand%20Plates_zpsl2njc

Shoulder bridge back w/elastic:

08%20-%20Shoulder%20Bridge%20Back_zpsdgn

Shoulder bridge front:

09%20-%20Shoulder%20Bridge%20Front_zpsmf

Back to chest connection:

10%20-%20Back-Chest%20Connection_zps6feu

Thigh Pack attachment:

11%20-%20Thigh%20Pack%20Attachment_zpscs

Knee Plate front:

12a%20-%20Knee%20Plate%20-%20front_zpsis

Knee Plate right side:

12b%20-%20Knee%20Plate%20-%20right_zpsqg

Knee Plate left side:

12c%20-%20Knee%20Plate%20-%20left_zpsqrl

Drop Box backs:

13%20-%20Drop%20Box%20Backs_zpsensuzua2.

Cod to Butt Plate attachment:

14%20-%20Cod%20to%20Butt%20Plate%20Attac

Ab Detail:

15%20-%20Ab%20Detail_zps5ecshn2g.jpg

Interior Strapping:

16%20-%20Interior%20Strapping_zpsxjvwjjb

Kidney Plate notch - right side:

17%20-%20Kidney%20Plate%20Notch%20-%20Le

Kidney Plate notch - left side:

18%20-%20Kidney%20Plate%20Notch%20-%20ri

Wrist side of forearms:

19%20-%20Wrist%20Side%20of%20Forarms_zps

As stated in my EIB thread:

I did a redo of the lid following Gazmosis' post on the subject.  The frown has been repainted, correct screws installed, its pop riveted together, better fitting and more accurate brow trim,  the tube stripes are Trooperbay decal replacements for the decal that was there.  The lenses were also custom cut and installed as per Gaz's post, using hockey helmet screws embedded in abs stacks.   The helmet is also Plasti-Dipped on the inside with MICH pads for support.

Helmet - front:

20%20-%20Helmet%20Front_zpsagqpoxxo.jpg

Helmet - left side:

21%20-%20Helmet%20Left%20Side_zpsptn1fox

Helmet - right side:

22%20-%20Helmet%20Right%20Side_zpso55ueg

Helmet -back

23%20-%20Helmet%20Back_zpsfn01m3ps.jpg

Hovi-Mic Tip detail (upgraded):

24%20-%20Hovi-Mic%20Tip%20Detail_zpsioxm

Lens color:

25%20-%20Lens%20Color_zps9k7henck.jpg

S-Trim:

26%20-%20S-Trim_zpsmcpgfq4d.jpg

Frown repaint, right point:

27%20-%20Frown%20Repaint%20-%20right%20c

Frown repaint, left point:

28%20-%20Frown%20Repaint%20-%20left%20co

Helmet interior:

29%20-%20Helmet%20Interior_zpstihqv0lw.j

Blaster - left side (?):

30%20-%20Blaster%20Left%20Side_zpscjfzcw

Blaster - right side (?):

31%20-%20Blaster%20Right%20Side_zpsc4mvu

Blaster D-ring attachment:

32%20-%20Blaster%20D-Ring_zps7mcs4jlt.jp

Canvas belt front:

33%20-%20Canvas%20Belt%20-%20Front_zpskw

Canvas belt back:

34%20-%20Canvas%20Belt%20Back_zpshh3sibe

Holster attachment:

35%20-%20Holster%20Attachment_zps80x8xem

Neck seal:

36%20-%20Neck%20Seal_zpsnqkmnagc.jpg

Thermal Det back w/correct painted screws:

37%20-%20Thermal%20Det%20Rear%201_zpszmx

Action Pose 1:

38%20-%20Action%20Pose%201_zpsoyqtsyv7.j

Action Pose 2:

39%20-%20Action%20Pose%202_zps9jukxyep.j

Obligatory lid off:

40%20-%20Lid%20Off_zpsilyyzcrr.jpg

Thank you for your consideration....fingers crossed...... :popcorn:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carlos, any chance you can shorten those top straps that connect your shoulder bells to the bridges please, your armour looks great but it could look even better with that little adjustment :)

Hi Carlos, any chance you can shorten those top straps that connect your shoulder bells to the bridges please, your armour looks great but it could look even better with that little adjustment :)

Hey Sly! Thanks for reviewing me! I totally understand what you're going for and believe me, there probably no one who it bugs more than me! I've had this convo a couple times with Gaz about it and I literally have the elastic so tight that it's difficult to snap it while suiting up. I think the bottom line really is that my stupid shoulders are too broad and it just pulls it outward. If I raise my arms a little it meets perfectly but if I relax they separate. The only solution I can think of at this point would be to use nylon so there's no stretch.

I went through several tries to make it sit right but no matter how tight I make it as soon as I relax, it comes right back.

I'd really like to get it approved but I don't want to cheat and put gaffer tape or something just to get the shot, it kinda is what it is. If anyone's got a better solution, I'll totally try it and resubmit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Sly! Thanks for reviewing me! I totally understand what you're going for and believe me, there probably no one who it bugs more than me! I've had this convo a couple times with Gaz about it and I literally have the elastic so tight that it's difficult to snap it while suiting up. I think the bottom line really is that my stupid shoulders are too broad and it just pulls it outward. If I raise my arms a little it meets perfectly but if I relax they separate. The only solution I can think of at this point would be to use nylon so there's no stretch.

I went through several tries to make it sit right but no matter how tight I make it as soon as I relax, it comes right back.

I'd really like to get it approved but I don't want to cheat and put gaffer tape or something just to get the shot, it kinda is what it is. If anyone's got a better solution, I'll totally try it and resubmit!

I don't understand. Which elastic is so tight? Biceps elastic should be loose. Top attachment just needs to be shorter by half an inch each. Safety pin it shorter and put it in. Does that fix it?

Do your shoulder bells have a return edge on the bottom holding it out a quarter inch?

Actually...if you swap the white double snapped nylon from left to right that moves the snap an inch...do they line up properly otherwise?

Edited by sylverbard

I don't understand. Which elastic is so tight? Biceps elastic should be loose. Top attachment just needs to be shorter by half an inch each. Safety pin it shorter and put it in. Does that fix it?

Do your shoulder bells have a return edge on the bottom holding it out a quarter inch?

Actually...if you swap the white double snapped nylon from left to right that moves the snap an inch...do they line up properly otherwise?

The elastic from the shoulder bridge snap to the top of the bell.  I don't have my armor with me here so I need to get it to take some shots.  Its so tight that any tighter will begin to pull the bridge nylon strap outward.   I never thought of reducing the bell bottom return edge, but i trimmed nearly every return edge to around 7mm so I didn't think it would be a bit deal.  My ATA never had this issue and the bells are smaller on that kit!  

Let me see what I can do, if its a deal breaker I'll have to resubmit pics later.    Thanks again!  Fingers crossed I can get it to meet!

Looks good! What glue did you use for the white nylon straps holding the internal snaps? Might copy the idea with E-6000.

Good luck!

I just used E 6000.  Good luck!  :duim:

Well the bottom of the bells are obviously sticking out half an inch in your pics.

Personally if youre just that broad shouldered and everything else is perfect I hope it won't prevent centurion.

I'd get rid of any return edge on the bottom of the bells. Armour should sit flat against other parts.

Well the bottom of the bells are obviously sticking out half an inch in your pics.

Personally if youre just that broad shouldered and everything else is perfect I hope it won't prevent centurion.

I'd get rid of any return edge on the bottom of the bells. Armour should sit flat against other parts.

Got it!  Like I said, it bugs me too, I've always taken an enormous amount of pride in my builds and values of the Centurion status (otherwise I wouldn't have submitted again with my new armor).  It was an issue I couldn't resolve and since it's not technically a requirement I just thought I'd submit when I felt the needed details were in order.  Not trying to skimp or cheat at all on details.  I want it perfect too!

I'll get on it asap and resubmit!  Thanks again for the help my brother!  

• Like 1

I removed the return edges of my shoulder bells nearly completely. <br>

Doing this might help closing the gap to the shoulder bridges. I think it's worth a try. <br><br>

All the best!<br>

Christian

• Like 1

I just read your comment Sly about reversing the white nylon straps! I bet if I do that and lose the return edge it might just do the trick!

• Like 1

Took some new pics, they're as close as I can get em. Considering it's not a requirement, how much longer do you think it'll take to get reviewed?

523430bb69df253b5d9d773d1bd972d1.jpgcd7621b335f71294c3293603dcf6fdb7.jpg67f2a3df53fb55776dccbac048df0db7.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Carlos, welcome to your long awaited Centurion review, lets get to it.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos are present. Your armor meets the requirements for the Centurion CRL, with that a big Congratulations!! :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we usually make comment on any elements that can make you look the best you possibly can.

We do thank you for your persistence with t those shoulder bells, finally they are perfect.

You have a beautiful build and a well deserved Centurion rank. I for one would be proud to march beside you Congratulations trooper  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 1

Took some new pics, they're as close as I can get em. Considering it's not a requirement, how much longer do you think it'll take to get reviewed?

523430bb69df253b5d9d773d1bd972d1.jpgcd7621b335f71294c3293603dcf6fdb7.jpg67f2a3df53fb55776dccbac048df0db7.jpg

Looks perfect. What fixed it?

Looks perfect. What fixed it?

Just some really tight, fresh heavy duty elastic. It might separate a little if I twist or reach across but it sits nice now when in a relaxed pose.

• Like 2

Just looked it up, my first Centurion build was #52 in 2012 and now my second is #268. It's crazy that we've added added 216 Centurions in the last 4 years! Keep up the good work friends!

Just as an aside, my first EIB in 2012 was #247 and my 2016 EIB is #625. 378 new EIB's in 4 years. Just so awesome!

• Like 1