Castable DLT

Not to much a little bit of fine sanding on the seam were the mould splits . But getting a bit of trouble with the resin going off quicker than I was hoping . So it's making it differcult to pour the next mould I've done ,need to speak to suppliers

• Like 1

So sweet. When are you accepting deposits?

Hi Sean

Not Yet ,I want to get a few all made so I can work out any troubles ,planning on building 10 to start with so by time I'm ready I should have everything sorted ,I will keep posting pics of the progress ,also got work out how much these have cost me build ,

Cheers Andy

• 5 weeks later...

managed to finally get all the moulds and have cast a couple and built them now , still not totally happy with them as im still getting a few issues with the casting and have got to sort resins yet . it maybe a mater of different resins for different parts .

So I've built one with a fix Bi Pod and one with a full working pod and am hoping the next batch I can resolve the issues .

Cheers Andy

kGAV8rm.jpg

ShbB22Y.jpg

MWDTWtt.jpg

sgmYhLU.jpg

t63RuwY.jpgmtTp96Y.jpg

mtTp96Y.jpg

IeVTjnC.jpg

SGyLZP4.jpg

L6oX5hM.jpg

CS6BXP9.jpg

u33Fb3W.jpg

CfFfFKS.jpg

V66puTm.jpg

LflLxdU.jpg

f4rEOVT.jpg

2RIlm8R.jpgwczRwSX.jpg

xq0Wvel.jpg

6pF0MLu.jpg

Czoacn2.jpg

4ZLaivF.jpg

U2RyNAH.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks guys it be a long time to get here your comment certainly make the effort feel worth it all .<br>

Chris I should have the next hopefully better moulded version to bring along to London .<br>

I'm sure we did our Induction together last May as I believe you just about to apply for Centurion , if I'm remembering right

• Like 1

Cheers Brain . Yeah that the intension, I'm hoping to do them complete or as a kit ,as I think lots of people would like the idea of building there own , there's something like 54 parts so for me to build them it's not a quick think to put together <br>

I've just received the next batch of resin so will be mouling over the weekend when I get the odd chance , <br>

Thanks again for your great comments

• Like 3

Cheers Brain . Yeah that the intension, I'm hoping to do them complete or as a kit ,as I think lots of people would like the idea of building there own , there's something like 54 parts so for me to build them it's not a quick think to put together <br>

I've just received the next batch of resin so will be mouling over the weekend when I get the odd chance , <br>

Thanks again for your great comments

Please do it as a kit... a complete blaster would be a problem to ship overseas.

Edited by darthcue
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Sean 

been building lots of these as I've been trying lots of different techniques and different resins as I've been getting trouble with certain resins,

some  have good  impact resistance but are trouble to pour in certain parts as they have a high viscous and short pot life .

The better resins for pouring tend to be brittle and have a low impact resistance . 

But it looks like I will have to go with the latter resin which I was trying to avoid as I wanted to try to keep these as robust as possible.

but am getting close to getting these ready ,

cheers for the interest mate 

Awesome man. Sounds like you are making it into the perfect product. Can't wait for you to get the formula right. Are some pieces the detail resin while others the durable resin? Or is a mix not advantageous.