Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

Great Job on your R1 Pack build Christian! Looking good, The antenna tip and canvas roll might be the only parts left to identify now.
I like how you got creative with them though, I have some build ideas of my own too.

Edited by SlyFox740

I believe I have identified the correct tubing used for the 'Antenna Cable', read more about my findings here; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39073-celebration-europe-2016-rogue-one-stormtrooper-back-pack-build/?p=529203

image_zpsoddgarz3.jpeg

1/4" Black Surgical Latex Tubing http://www.ebay.com/itm/190607486059

Edited by SlyFox740

After looking at my pack for a while I decided that my antenna cable has way to much windings and is too round.

I pulled out the cable I put into the silicone hose and installed the hose alone. It is looking much better now.

8427932F-ECD6-42DF-9954-935CF14E08D6_zps

The last time I used a backpack during a troop I had a lot of ugly scratches at the back of my armor. It was a lot of work to make them disappear.

To prevent that happening when I troop with my RO backpack I made a protective padding from the leftover of the canvas I used for the roll and some strapping from the swedish backpack .

519D1E89-9180-414D-A602-14C9734EC7F7_zps

858AEB5A-4AAE-491A-ABB2-0B4B91CAD83F_zps

B4F08AB1-3D46-4436-BEDC-8ABB20F96F69_zps

It might be inaccurate but I don't want to mess up my armor a second time... and it is much more comfortable to carry the backpack with the padding. ;)

Cheers

Christian

• Like 1

Possible part to use for the antenna cap:

wire%20rope%20end%20cap_zpsjtygtzwi.jpg

http://www.decorcable.com/Products/Product-Details?productId=3002&catalogId=14

I found a very similar cap at a local home center by me which has a smoother surface. It is just an end cap found on metal hooks that affix to some sliding track system for hanging stuff on walls  . I haven't bought it yet cause the  hook costs about $8.00. Hoping to find a similar hook at another shop for much less with the same end cap. If not these, the Carl Stahl ones look good. A bit too rounded on the top but I guess that can be cut or sanded to look flatter if desired. 

Brake line cap ends look interesting too:

500pcs-lot-Bike-font-b-Bicycle-b-font-fo

Or these Black Silicone Caps ID 4mm 1/6" Vacuum End Plug Tube Covers:

s-l1000_zps2s9diihi.jpg

Just sharing these and hope to hear your thoughts on all of them. Not claiming these are the found parts but merely good substitutes if the actual prop part is never identified. 

;)

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 1

Got a question, I've tried to no avail, but is there anyone out there making the RO pauldron, or is there a tutorial to make one? My pack is pretty close to done, but I want to complete the look by the premier....

Kathy a.k.a. "Katarra8" also makes Rogue One style pauldrons, made of all vinyl (including the trim around the colored area unlike Veeds)

I ordered a "Custom Request" and left her a note to indicate color, add two extra rows of stitching across the colored area (the white ones from the OT were also like this so she already knew exactly what to do), I also asked her to use white fabric on the bottom instead of black just like in the movie.

As It turns out she has now added the "Orange: ROGUE ONE" style pauldron to the options list to make things easier when ordering these, but you can ask for other colors too. I believe that's my personal pauldron pictured in the listing, lol. But here are some better photos of it.

image_zpsmyicug6b.jpeg

image_zpsr05aecrz.jpeg

eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/361514294420

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/150178963/classic-star-wars-stormtrooper-shoulder?ref=shop_home_feat_3

UPDATE: There are several other vendors now making Rogue One Pauldrons

Trooperbay https://trooperbay.com/rogue-one-shoulder-pauldron

Imperial Supply Depot https://www.facebook.com/Imperialsupplydepot/

Veeds Pauldrons https://www.facebook.com/Veeds-Pauldrens-305552456469495/

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

For the canvas roll on the ammo box I ordered a canvas bag used to store US military tent poles. Bought it from Soldier of Fortune,UK. <br>

Sorry I am unable to post links posting from my ipad.<br>

The product number and name is listed below.<br><br>

AG1435 Canvas Storage Bag for US Army Small Wall Tent Poles<br><br>

Received it yesterday. It is long enough and looks pretty good . Just need to pack it a bit with some foam to get the correct look and seal the open end up. I will post pics from another PC if possible. <br>

Please have a look at the bag on their website and post your opinions. <br><br>

Big thanks to Ian from Ireland who posted about this website in the celebration thread regarding another canvas bag. Would have not found it without his research. Thanks Ian!

• Like 1

For the canvas roll on the ammo box I ordered a canvas bag used to store US military tent poles. Bought it from Soldier of Fortune,UK. <br>

Sorry I am unable to post links posting from my ipad.<br>

The product number and name is listed below.<br><br>

AG1435 Canvas Storage Bag for US Army Small Wall Tent Poles<br><br>

Received it yesterday. It is long enough and looks pretty good . Just need to pack it a bit with some foam to get the correct look and seal the open end up. I will post pics from another PC if possible. <br>

Please have a look at the bag on their website and post your opinions. <br><br>

Big thanks to Ian from Ireland who posted about this website in the celebration thread regarding another canvas bag. Would have not found it without his research. Thanks Ian!

Nice one,,,what is the diameter of the tent pole bag Bulldog?

It definitely has the length and just round enough to look like the rolled canvas on the movie pack but getting the end seams to appear the same will be difficult. Both ends of the canvas roll on the movie pack appear to be sewn shut but maybe I am not seeing it correctly.

• Like 1

9c9ce520de3c6f96a30f268db92f958b.jpg

Opinions on this please, was difficult to know how much to pack into bag, no matter how good threads are, there is still uncertain interpretation!

Packed and unpacked, got this now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to refer to the CE reference imagery when stuffing the alice pack, it needs to be stuffed tightly and forming a rectangular shape. enough to push those 3 pouches into an outward facing position. That centre flap needs to be pulled down tightly and strapped into place. If by then it does not look packed enough or over stuffed you need to adjust accordingly until it takes on the shape of the CE pack. Ot is worth taking time doing this because once the ammo box is in situ you will not be able to go back and adjust it. i spent quite a while getting the stuffing right. Sometimes breaking off smaller pieces of foam to bulk out the pack and fill any sagging areas.

• Like 1

It definitely has the length and just round enough to look like the rolled canvas on the movie pack but getting the end seams to appear the same will be difficult. Both ends of the canvas roll on the movie pack appear to be sewn shut but maybe I am not seeing it correctly.

I don't know if they are sewn or folded in a specific way but the ends are a particular way and replicating this does give that  look you need for the CE pack. I used canvas and scratch built mine sewing the ends shut. Once again the reference imagery is poor for this part of the pack unfortunately. My bedroll has a circumference of 14 inches.

Edited by mr paul

You need to refer to the CE reference imagery when stuffing the alice pack, it needs to be stuffed tightly and forming a rectangular shape. enough to push those 3 pouches into an outward facing position. That centre flap needs to be pulled down tightly and strapped into place. If by then it does not look packed enough or over stuffed you need to adjust accordingly until it takes on the shape of the CE pack. Ot is worth taking time doing this because once the ammo box is in situ you will not be able to go back and adjust it. i spent quite a while getting the stuffing right. Sometimes breaking off smaller pieces of foam to bulk out the pack and fill any sagging areas.

I did not see how the center flap us secured, to much packing stops center flap from sitting like in the CE pics

I did not see how the center flap us secured, to much packing stops center flap from sitting like in the CE pics

The 3 small pouches along the front are stuffed full to give them shape, then the centre flap is bought down over the centre pouch and secured using the black polypropylene webbing threaded through the slider buckles as shown in the build thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Sithpiper,

when pulling over and down the A.L.I.C.E. pack flap over the centre pocket make sure that you tuck in and under the sides (of the flap) so that the edge aligns with the two webbing guides (on the flap). The total area / width of the flap shouldn't show. In effect the flap is layed out so that the webbing guides align with the edges of the stuffed centre pocket. That will help give the CE shape.

When you come to using the polyprop webbing and slider buckles to tie-down down the flap, and also attach A.L.I.C.E. pack to the frame, they should fall / align into the gap between the centre pocket outer edges and the inner edges of the other two pockets. The polyprop webbing actually runs down through and then back up the webbing guides on the flap. When tensioned this also helps give the CE shape to the pack.

Also remember to add some stuffing onto the top of the centre pocket - before - pulling over the flap. On the CE pack there is a slight 'hump' to the flap as it pulls down over the centre pocket - 

Intro02_zpsdhsqa7n8.jpg

ireachy

• Like 1

I don't know if people are still shopping for these but found another UK source for the ammo box, comes with a load of nasty energy drinks !!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302128025546?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=600945295328&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ammo%20box_zpstfc3t7yf.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put together a 3D printed clip for myself and made it available if any of you are interested.  It ends up being cheaper than the real thing depending on the material you pick:

Complete clip (single piece):

4 piece kit (lets you mix and match materials):

I was finally able to finish my 3D printed clip over the weekend:

1484576206_IMG_20161210_074651.jpg

1484576223_IMG_20161225_101546.jpg

1484576233_IMG_20161227_135213.jpg

1484576240_IMG_20170114_140341.jpg

• Like 2

Hi John, I don't have my pack nearby to measure but will try tonight when I get home . Easiest way to tell the large pack from the medium is the center pouch on the front. It is larger than the end pouches. The medium pack pouches are all the same size. . If you have a link or photo, I can confirm for you.