Q's FN Armor Build

Can you please take a close up hi res pic of the small clasp/lock. The flat portion with the square indent has striations on it.

FNarmor33.jpg
  • Like 1

^Uh oh.  Re those Phasma parts...i do have a pic of the FN shin extension fitting 100% perfectly over mine...

Jim, it might be a good idea for you to start a new thread for your findings since Q can't confirm that. It would be good information for people to see. :)

• Like 4

Well, Well, Well.........Hope Peter is not gonna find a way to weasel his way out of this. They are exact recasts!!!!

You mean his solidworks file is the same as yours? How'd you lose a data file. If these were moulded the grooves and ridges would be smaller and less pronounced.
  • Like 1

Q ... we have a member of First Order Troopers Australia in WA with a Jimmi kit. Perhaps we could work something out and get the kit in front of you.

• Like 1

Just to make everyone aware I did send Peter a copy of the comparison photos but have not received a reply as yet.

• Like 1

I would like to refresh peoples memories. This is a build thread with some comparaison pics, not a recast discussion. I don't want to see a recast discussion to hijack Q's build thread.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Received a reply from Peter about the clips.

"I did not make the clips personally I outsourced the resin parts to another person as I vacuum form only. I will contact the person directly and ask them. Give me a few days on this"

Q ... we have a member of First Order Troopers Australia in WA with a Jimmi kit. Perhaps we could work something out and get the kit in front of you.

Yeah I've got the Jimmi kit in WA :-) FO TK 

the rate i'm going it will always be a kit lol

Nice comparison though and good to see the actual FN Armour in more detail. I must say i was tempted by it for a very short while until i investigated it. i do have a set of the gaskets though which seem pretty good. just need some altering. 

Edited by lucent262
  • Like 2

I will be putting this build on hold while waiting for a response from Peter to not only my concerns but also those raised from Clint's FNArmour Analysis, his thread can be found here <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38117-clints-fnarmour-analysis/page-1'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38117-clints-fnarmour-analysis/page-1</a>

• Like 1

Well Clint has announced on FB that it's definitely recast and encouraging others to spread the word. So the cat is officially out of the bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1