Need help with devcon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on where the Devcon is at, you can carefully dremmel it off or sand it. I had some excess glue that squeezed out when I was gluing my parts together and it dried having some rough and sharp edges. It would have ruined my underarmor for sure but some careful dremeling and sanding, it was good.

Hope this helps

Brian

If you don't mind removing all the glue from the piece you can throw it in the freezer for a few hours. After that flex it a little and the glue should pop off with a little effort.

If you don't mind removing all the glue from the piece you can throw it in the freezer for a few hours. After that flex it a little and the glue should pop off with a little effort.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?

Yes really, plastic and glue contract at different rates when subjected to extreme temp changes. So if you freeze it it'll come off, but if you are trooping with it it'll hold as the change is more gradual and your body temp will probably keep it above freezing anyway.

Also remember a deep freeze usually sits around 0F and most sane people don't troop when it's that cold.

Yes really, plastic and glue contract at different rates when subjected to extreme temp changes. So if you freeze it it'll come off, but if you are trooping with it it'll hold as the change is more gradual and your body temp will probably keep it above freezing anyway.

Also remember a deep freeze usually sits around 0F and most sane people don't troop when it's that cold.

Wouldn't that make the ABS fragile?

Wouldn't that make the ABS fragile?

I've never had a problem, and I've tried it with styrene too. The main reason I freeze plastic is to take a mold box apart. I've never broken a piece of plastic yet.

I've never had a problem, and I've tried it with styrene too. The main reason I freeze plastic is to take a mold box apart. I've never broken a piece of plastic yet.

Interesting. Yay for science.

Perhaps you could try spraying just the area where you want the glue removed with that canned air stuff for keyboards? That way you could get the cold you need and it wouldn't affect the entire piece? IDK if it would work or not...

Perhaps you could try spraying just the area where you want the glue removed with that canned air stuff for keyboards? That way you could get the cold you need and it wouldn't affect the entire piece? IDK if it would work or not...

Don't know if that would get it cold enough the right way without wasting a can of it. That stuff's not cheap.

Don't know if that would get it cold enough the right way without wasting a can of it. That stuff's not cheap.

If you turn the can upside down so the propellant is coming out it does get very very cold very fast. Shouldn't take more than a few seconds to get to below zero in a small area of thin plastic.