Rom F/x ???? any one buy recently???

This is from the rom/fx web site:

UPDATE 5th June 2008: From today, I am now taking payments for the current run of 50 ROM/FX boards. Please note: The current run of 50 ROM/FX boards will be ready to ship in approximately 8 weeks time, towards the end of July. If you have any questions before sending your payment, please email me: john@romfx.com (Please note: I get a lot of SPAM Email, as we all do nowadays, so please put ROM/FX in the subject line so I can filter your email out from the SPAM more easily, thanks!) Check details here on how to secure your ROM/FX board as soon as possible as demand is very high at the moment.

I bought one with his last run earlier this year. Signed up and paid for it in mid-end of January. It was shipped by mid March and received a shortly thereafter. Not bad considering it traveled from the UK to Calif via air... Overall, it took a couple of months but am very very happy with it. He kept me updated via emails as to the status from start to finish (from sign-ups, payment, construction, mailing etc) so I didn't feel like I was being cheated etc. Hope this helps

Brian

I have signed up and paid for one of the current batch of 50.

Placed order in March and the ETA is approx 7-8 weeks from now.

They may take a while but I have yet to see/hear a better product out there, and John takes care of his customers re emails etc.

They may take a while but I have yet to see/hear a better product out there, and John takes care of his customers re emails etc.

well i have ordered mine using paypal but i have recieved any info on the latest run other than whats on the site

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression in that you will receive email updates on a very regular basis (ie. daily or weekly). I believe he updates (via webpage and/or email) as he finishes up each stage or as he sees fit. And for John to do a run of 50, you can probably guess that it will take a while. Be patient. I know how anxious it can be to wait for this item to mod your bucket but believe me, the wait is certainly worth it.

• 1 month later...

Order my about two months ago and it arrived today. All is there and working so i am happy. Now to put in the bucket and ready to play.

Most cool thing is that when you switch it on, the first thing you hear is your TK number COOL!!

TK5560 said:
Order my about two months ago and it arrived today. All is there and working so i am happy. Now to put in the bucket and ready to play.

Most cool thing is that when you switch it on, the first thing you hear is your TK number COOL!!

Here you go heres a video of my temp setup for this weekend

No pic on the helmet yet

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Guest TK-2416

Just got my ROM/FX Pro today - and it is awesome!! Ordered it two weeks ago.. At that time John still had some set available.. I'll say go for it!!

But now... How to make a good set-up for the this great kit.. Any good suggestions and pictures?? There are quite some wiring..

I am turning TD, so I have some ammo pounches... might work fine...

But I would really love to see some good pics..

troop on!!

BTW: What is your opinion on fans in the bucket? Is it a must have or?

Hey all,

i emailed him the other day to ask if I have missed my chance but he hasn't responded at all...Should i bother to email again as I am fairly keen on it but obviously don't want to paypal if there are none left!

Did you put ROMFX in the subject title? I know he said he gets alot of spam..I ordered the pro about a week ago and he emailed me back when I confirmed my address, looking forward to receiving it.

Indeed I did as the webpage directs.

Did you pay for it just straight up without a confirmation of any left or...?

I haven't paid for it I just emailed asking if there were any left and i would order? Maybe that is the wrong way to do it?

Did you put ROMFX in the subject title? I know he said he gets alot of spam..I ordered the pro about a week ago and he emailed me back when I confirmed my address, looking forward to receiving it.

• 1 month later...
Hey all,

i emailed him the other day to ask if I have missed my chance but he hasn't responded at all...Should i bother to email again as I am fairly keen on it but obviously don't want to paypal if there are none left!

As much as I hate to say it he does take a bit to respond but he is very willing to take the time and talk to you when he does

Yup,

I ordered and my classic arrived last Monday and I am well chuffed let me say :)

It's a superb piece of kit...Painful to mount in a helmet, expensive (more than the bucket) but noooice.

This is the pilot version (ie gaffer tape until I am sure) of how I have done mine. I actually cleaned it up and it is very effective so I am thinking of buying white gaffer and calling it the production mounting so to speak :) The helmet is constantly changing until I am happy with the config of it...best thing I did was use industrial velcro on everything in the helmet so I can move it all around as needed :)

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TD2702 said:
I like your foam set up in your bucket. Where did you get it all from?

Looks like the padding that a trooper called D-MAC was supplying

I have some in my bucket too -------------

BTW - if you are gonna mount the ROM/FX in your lid you might want to use the black balloon supplied with the kit or invest in a plastic box with rubber seal because once you have your bucket on the moisture from your bodyheat and breath might just cause a short on the board.....

I was gonna put mine in my lid but after speaking to some felllow troopers decided against it for the above reason

Just my two pennies worth. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah the foam came from Derek (D-Mac) and is chopped up knee pads. I can thoroughly recommend as it is very good stuff and he is a nice bloke too. I think he is still doing the foam from memory or at least I hope so as I might need some for my TB lid :)

I am probably going to remount it in the chest actually as the short thing is of concern. But what I am doing is getting my TK to a point where I can use it and then I am going to refine the hell out of it as people do. All sorts of different things I want to do, but there is no point refining it until I am 501st approved and have a full set of armour I can wear :)