zv288bot's AP ANH stunt build! Whoop Whoop!

zv288bot

Depending on the amount of glue yes - I have removed a ton using the freezer. During my build one cap dried slightly crooked, and after freezing I twisted it off with medium effort.

Very cool!  Thanks Pyrates! I'm going to give it a try when I get there. :)

• Like 1

I'm in the same situation sourcing these.

I know they are japanned screws, but don't know the part number

This is the only refference I have

4408d8a8d4fd0f58c57bcb5d818a36e4.jpg

Check this out. Local Ace hardware had them. Close enough for me...

93bbbf9eaef9aad20c7457a3d141599a.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also.. I swear I whacked the p out of these caps when I put them on. I don't know if I mentioned I did a hot water bath before beating them into submission... well I literally just popped them off with no effort?!?!! Oh well... live and learn!

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 3

Been looking all week......and I still can't find any with the right sized head!

Yeah, it seems like the mom and pop hardware stores are the way to go. If you want some of these. I can drop them in the mail for you. I couldn't imagine postage would be crazy.

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 2

Yeah, it seems like the mom and pop hardware stores are the way to go. If you want some of these. I can drop them in the mail for you. I couldn't imagine postage would be crazy.

I'm in the UK . Never heard of mom and pop! PM inbound.
  • Like 1

Nice score mate and another awesome example of Troopers helping Troopers. It gets me all amped up! Bucket off to you my friend

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

Nice score mate and another awesome example of Troopers helping Troopers. It gets me all amped up! Bucket off to you my friend

Thanks my friend!

• Like 1

Looks great! Awesome find! What kind were they again? #6 Machine screws? I'm probably going to search for some this weekend. :)

Go to Ace hardware. They have a whole aisle with all of these drawers and crazy nuts and bolts. Here in Georgia they are 20 cents each. They are 6 x 5/8 round head.

• Like 2

This is it... the moment that makes ComradeDave shutter... sniper knee... you're going down!

8014c3d5cf9761eeb2d56429379a1c3a.jpg

• Like 3

Ok so I tried to size the ab and kidney plates so the seam would be relatively in the middle. After cutting the ab this is what my notch looks like.

a9563166443c6cddc321fa1ef7d32161.jpg

Now my question for us "huskier" guys. I stumbled across this in Tony's Anovos build thread and Tim mentioned it in this months news letter. So I should be correct in cutting a 50mm x 22mm notch?

cfd3487d7466d528d7a22a4df2b0f0d6.jpg

This is final cut for me. At this point it will rivets for the two halves, some strapping, home made (pandatrooper) neck seal and a home made garter system and of course sanding, picking E6000 out and some novus 1 2 3..

Now my question for us "huskier" guys. I stumbled across this in Tony's Anovos build thread and Tim mentioned it in this months news letter. So I should be correct in cutting a 50mm x 22mm notch?

According to that image, the answer is yes.

You better post pics of that sniper knee, or poor ComradeDave is gonna pass out from anticipation. :D

• Like 2

Ok here is the knee after 15 seconds in the boiling pot...

594131f47a1316d3c4837ba376eeca94.jpg

7d1aa1acaed2ce92a88492b249e002aa.jpg

7d227dbd437dfece2b5e95f07479737a.jpg

It's still not straight but it now totally sits flat and is currently becoming intimate with E6000.

• Like 2

Now my question for us "huskier" guys. I stumbled across this in Tony's Anovos build thread and Tim mentioned it in this months news letter. So I should be correct in cutting a 50mm x 22mm notch?<br>

This is final cut for me. <br>

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk<br>

Interesting, I thought the notch was always 22x22 regardless of size for Centurion? At least that's what the CRL says. Sorry I messed up the quote.

Edited by spyder918
  • Like 1

Now my question for us "huskier" guys. I stumbled across this in Tony's Anovos build thread and Tim mentioned it in this months news letter. So I should be correct in cutting a 50mm x 22mm notch?<br>

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk<br>

Interesting, I thought the notch was always 22x22 regardless of size for Centurion? At least that's what the CRL says. Sorry I messed up the quote.

Yeah. My understanding is that it should line up with the edge of the butt plate.

We need some clarity me thinks.... I'd hang fire until we know more.

As they say " it's easier to cut off than put back!"

• Like 1

<br>

<br>

Yeah. My understanding is that it should line up with the edge of the butt plate.

We need some clarity me thinks.... I'd hang fire until we know more.

As they say " it's easier to cut off than put back!"

Ok so Tony confirmed that the above picture is for centurion only, Currently not interested in Centurion so I am moving on!

• Like 1

Ok so Tony confirmed that the above picture is for centurion only, Currently not interested in Centurion so I am moving on!

I take what Tony confirms good as gold.  Wow, I learned something new, didn't know that. Thanks for posting the diagram!

• Like 2

The sniper knee...Ugh. I'm so not looking forward to that. Lol Any tips for a fellow AP?

Looking back it I would and probably will rip if off and do over but I would start by e6000ing the left side if you were facing it first. Once that was good and dry I would hot water bath it and get the right side bent into shape and glued in. Once that was good and dry then I would just add some glue to the middle part. I started middle, then left and lastly the right side and while the right side sits great the middle is now the issue.

• Like 3