Armor Maker - AM 2.0/RT-MOD

Helmet Maker - AM 2.0

Blaster Type - Hyperfirm

Optional:

Height - 5'11''

Boots Maker = TK Boots

Canvas Belt - TKittel

Hand Plates Type - Elastic strap over chemical gloves

Electronics - ukswrath hovi mike tips/speakers, amp, iComm, omni mike, Gatz fans

Neck Seal Type - trooperbay.com

Holster Maker - Darman

Thigh garter system - Pencap510

Photos:

36992502415_44dbaf542f_o.jpg

Front, arms at side

36156711694_768e17424b_o.jpg

Back, arms at side

36595043470_5972785952_o.jpg

Left, arm raised

36851941281_2fd6c89e72_o.jpg

Right, arm raised

36595190240_06e7c4c390_o.jpg

Right side detail, arm raised

36821021752_04f9047200_o.jpg

Left side detail, arm raised

36852181931_2212f39ee2_o.jpg

Ab details

36804740496_cc864bf4ef_o.jpg

Cod and butt attachment

36804640816_e6ec5afaff_o.jpg

Interior strapping

36804690416_35467041ac_o.jpg

Helmet front

36595098220_a3c2c0fd1c_o.jpg

Helmet side

36852010021_58c6a40492_o.jpg

Helmet back

36992459785_f6d475a91f_o.jpg

Hovi tip detail

36804793436_d281722b65_o.jpg

Lens color (backlit) (flat smoke gray)

Edit: Lens color (backlit) with better lighting- it really is smoke gray.

36804621396_78d211e2f9_o.jpg

36156612344_5e2367c48b_o.jpg

Blaster left

36804751356_b52dc38a44_o.jpg

Blaster right

Edit: Blaster D-Ring added

36804735856_c30a7c6906_o.jpg

36156657594_c575d86143_o.jpg

Neck seal

36804574176_022d4590e1_o.jpg

TD

36992467325_891e4a3e1c_o.jpg

Holster attachment

36173445064_2ed3d0d26f_o.jpg

Action shot

36200858963_d2e9705ed2_o.jpg

Bucket off

Misc edits:

Fixed shin and thigh cover strips:

36868657801_5f99f8a290_o.jpg

36868657211_b9f667024b_o.jpg

36868657351_e91f4de2d1_o.jpg

Edited by sharkbait
  • Like 2

Looks good Rebecca! Makes me want to repaint my other helmet and shoot for ESB as well lol. The only thing I see is that your belt seems a little crooked, am I right in assuming the belt is not snapped into the abdomen armor? If that is correct, it may serve ya better to make that adjustment, it makes dressing out so much more easier, and keeps your belt nice and straight each and every time. Best of luck trooper! You should have EIB in no time :)

Looks good Rebecca! Makes me want to repaint my other helmet and shoot for ESB as well lol. The only thing I see is that your belt seems a little crooked, am I right in assuming the belt is not snapped into the abdomen armor? If that is correct, it may serve ya better to make that adjustment, it makes dressing out so much more easier, and keeps your belt nice and straight each and every time. Best of luck trooper! You should have EIB in no time :)

It's snapped in two places (by the drop boxes).  I think what it is, is the holster and blaster.  When it's just the holster, there's no issue, but when the blaster is in the holster, the weight pulls it down.  I tried to pull it up, but it must have slipped back down while we were playing with the lighting and angles for the shot.  If I have my blaster at a troop, then I'm holding it, so it's generally not an issue.   (Also ignore the placement of the drop boxes in this pic, I moved them to show the snaps better).  

_DSC5357_zpsb339vqmd.jpg

Edited by sharkbait
  • Like 1

Ah, yeah that could also cause that. When i had my 4 oz holster holding my full resin blaster, it practically went sideways(not what happened to yours, i know), but that forced me to upgrade to the heavy duty holster lol. Hopefully you get your EIB soon! Been eyeballing an ESB TK myself!

the belt was mounted upside down and backwards. Unfortunately, I made the same mistake. :blush:

The TKettel belt has two sides: a smooth side and a uneven side. The smooth side should face out. The uneven side has a reinforcing strip at the top to help support blasters. You can see the reinforcing strip on the front bottom in your photos.  I don't know if this will effect approval but I purchased another belt just in case it's not.

Edited by cjdesign

the belt was mounted upside down and backwards. Unfortunately, I made the same mistake. :blush:

The TKettle belt has two sides: a smooth side and a uneven side. The smooth side should face out. The uneven side has a reinforcing strip at the top to help support blasters. You can see the reinforcing strip on the front bottom in your photos.  I don't know if this will effect approval but I purchased another belt just in case it's not.

...I left the post-it it came with saying which side was the smooth/out on it until I was completely done; I've never been able to tell the difference between smooth/not.  

Hi Rebecca

I have had a quick look at your application just to see if anything stands out. As we have been running a little behind, we are giving applicants the opportunity to fix small things before we get to their applications and thoroughly go into them.

Nice build by the way, and judging by first glance you look to be aiming for Centurion  but there is a few things that need some attention.

You thigh and shin cover strips are too long. What I mean is, on the thighs, the cover strip should stop at the top of the ridge line around the bottom, it doesn't go over or onto it as you have.

The rear of the shins is also too long. Your cover strips go right to the top where they should finish at the base of that top ridge. Hope that makes sense.

Also, is there any chance of a new photo of your lenses, as they look blue in the current image and should be green or a black smoke look.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM

36804790456_9d62d3d1b9_o.jpg

It must have been the LED flashlights making the lenses look blue.  Here's what they were made out of:

Shield_zpsqhkru8uy.jpg

Edited by sharkbait

Shin cover trips (back):

36868657801_5f99f8a290_o.jpg

Thigh cover strips (front):

36868657211_b9f667024b_o.jpg

Thigh cover strips (back):

36868657351_e91f4de2d1_o.jpg

Edited by sharkbait

Excellent work, we will be with you shortly :)

When you get a moment, could I also have you update your action photo with the newly modified thighs please.

This wont hold up your process, but we do use the action shots in another part of the forum.

Thanks again for your patience.

Hi Rebecca, good to see another lady trooper aiming high!!, thank you for your application, and the new modifications, lets take a look!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for EIB. Welcome to Expert Infantry trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section, we review suggestions made by your fellow troopers and our own observations. All go towards improving the final look of your armor.

If there is anything that would affect a future Centurion application it will be mentioned in that section at the bottom.

You really have a nice set of armour Rebecca, so lets have a look at a couple of points that are going to really top off this great build.

Shoulder Bells: the strap appears longer on one side compared to the other, so if you could shorten the longer one up so the bells are balanced, it will sharpen your finished look.

Helmet20Front_zpsy5dzafn3.jpg

The top of the bells should be virtually if not touching the bridges, as in the below image.

gallery_12157_11_349306_zps9s0qrt2f.jpg

Shoulder bridge alignment:

This one circled may require a little heat to bend it more in line with the back plate, cosmetic, yeah, but it will look beautiful sitting the same as its counter part on the opposite shoulder.

Full%20Body%20Back_zpsttjxhn0k.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

We do our best to spot everything, but ultimate level of accuracy for Centurion is up to the Trooper. You are well on your way to achieving the next level with a few minor changes, you will have it in your grasp.

One thing we would like you to fix is your belt. Currently it is bunching down at the top as it appears you have it on upside down. Most belts, as mentioned in your thread, have a plastic insert that prevents the fabric from folding over. In the below photo, it does look like a thicker part of the belt is at the bottom, (starts about half inch down from the top. Hopefully the drop boxes are easy enough to remove and place back on the other side. I would at least put the belt on the other way to see if the same is occurring, and take a photo both ways. If it is still the same then I will stand corrected. :)

Holster%20attachment_zpscecaccec.jpg

Everything else looks in good order, so all we can suggest is you follow the Centurion CRL carefully and the photo check list for that level.

As to the Helmet photos, the list do mention 4 photos, one from each side, and we would like to see these separate and not as part of other photos in your application.

Thank you for being so patient with us, and congratulations once again on a great set of armour and your EI badge :salute:

Hope to see a centurion app from you soon.

Whooo hooo!  Hahaha!  

I plan to go Centurion, and will be working on a few details (mostly what you noticed above) before I go for that.  Otherwise, as far as I know, I built to Centurion from the start (I figured it'd be easier than going back after the fact).  

I was thinking about re-doing my shoulder bell connections, it seems the elastic just stretched out; they were even when I started.  Too much trooping (which is not a problem in my book at all)!  So I'll defiantly do those.  The belt boxes come off easily, so I can flip the belt and re-attach.  Hopefully that will  help the scrunch.  

And May the Fourth Be With You!