Helmet back

Hovi mic detail

S-Trim

Lens color

Blaster left

Blaster right

Blaster rear (d-ring)

Edited by ScaryGuy

Hmm...i think you are missing a blaster for EIB. While no blaster is required for Basic Approval, it is a requirement for EIB/Centurion, i believe

Hmm...i think you are missing a blaster for EIB. While no blaster is required for Basic Approval, it is a requirement for EIB/Centurion, i believe

Is it? I thought a blaster was optional. In the CRL the EIB / Centurion requirements are also listed below the optional accessories. A blaster is illegal in the Netherlands, it looks too much like a real weapon. So I haven't decided yet if I'm willing to take the risk with ordering a full blaster or in parts from outside the country. On many (public) events it is also too risky to bring your blaster with you.

Hi Theo, Andrew is correct though not a requirement for basic it is required for L2 and above. Please post a picture of one if/when you acquire it. We'll be here

Hi Theo, Andrew is correct though not a requirement for basic it is required for L2 and above. Please post a picture of one if/when you acquire it. We'll be here

Bummer, didn't see that one coming. I was hoping to achieve Centurion right from the start, I rather do things right the first time then to come back later. I gotta rethink the blaster issue, not sure if I want to risk it. If you could still find some time to look at my armor Tony, I would really appreciate it. Looking forward on hearing your opinion on it, even if it is off the record.

Hi Theo, yeah unfortunately the guys are right, you will need a blaster for the photos. Even if it means you borrow one from a member we would allow it under your circumstances,

I can tell you this, you look great, a nice solid build and worthy of the application for EIB.

Observations: thigh cover strips could be a little longer as they should finish at the highest point of the thighs.

Biceps look a little large for you, they should fit snug when you flex your arm.

You could also change the mesh in the Hovi tips for a more accurate mesh (would not effect an application, just an accuracy thing)

Such a clean and crisp build, i really hope you can get hold of an E11 and go all the way to Centurion.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 4/24/2016 at 9:04 AM, Sly11 said:

Hi Theo, yeah unfortunately the guys are right, you will need a blaster for the photos. Even if it means you borrow one from a member we would allow it under your circumstances,

I can tell you this, you look great, a nice solid build and worthy of the application for EIB.

Observations: thigh cover strips could be a little longer as they should finish at the highest point of the thighs.

Biceps look a little large for you, they should fit snug when you flex your arm.

You could also change the mesh in the Hovi tips for a more accurate mesh (would not effect an application, just an accuracy thing)

Such a clean and crisp build, i really hope you can get hold of an E11 and go all the way to Centurion.

Cheers

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated!

So the cover strips on the thighs should end all the way at the return edge? Does the cover strip need to end flat or follow the curve of the top? I could add a scrap piece and use abs paste to fill the gap. I'm also considering cutting the top of the thighs to make them shorter, they're still a bit long for me. That would also fix the issue. Here's a closer shot of the top.

When looking at my approval shots I also noticed the biceps are a bit too big. I'll look into that.

I already ordered new hovi mic tips from Sskunky. 

Thanks,

Theo

Edited by ScaryGuy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated!

So the cover strips on the thighs should end all the way at the return edge? Does the cover strip need to end flat or follow the curve of the top? I could add a scrap piece and use abs paste to fill the gap. I'm also considering cutting the top of the thighs to make them shorter, they're still a bit long for me. That would also fix the issue. Here's a closer shot of the top.

IMG_1134_zpsbqjbcskp.jpg

When looking at my approval shots I also noticed the biceps are a bit too big. I'll look into that.

I already ordered new hovi mic tips from Sskunky. 

Thanks,

Theo

Yes they should run to the top, but not curve over. If you are considering to shorten the thighs, yes that will also fix the problem.

Your thighs do look a little long, but I wouldn't take off too much. The return edge is not necessary at the top of them any way, so you could fix too problems in one, the length and the cover strip shortness.

Have you spoken with your garrison regarding the Blaster, I hope someone can help you with one for the photo, you don't need to troop with it if you can not.

On 4/28/2016 at 8:56 AM, Sly11 said:

Yes they should run to the top, but not curve over. If you are considering to shorten the thighs, yes that will also fix the problem.

Your thighs do look a little long, but I wouldn't take off too much. The return edge is not necessary at the top of them any way, so you could fix too problems in one, the length and the cover strip shortness.

Have you spoken with your garrison regarding the Blaster, I hope someone can help you with one for the photo, you don't need to troop with it if you can not.

I decided to take the plunge and cut 10 mm from the top of the thighs. This fixes the cover strip being a bit short, and the thighs are now clear from the cod and kindey plates.

I haven't decided yet how I want to proceed with the blaster issue. I'm having several thoughts on this. I think it's relatively safe if I can get a blaster kit inside the EU, so phoenixprops, doopydoos are an option. Both can take quite some time to acquire. PhoenixProps has stopped taking orders at the moment. For doopydoos you have to be very quick when they become available. Others in the Dutch Garrison have bought a SDS blaster and received them without problems. Within the EU custom checks shouldn't be much of a concern. 

However, I would only be getting or building a blaster to get my EIB/Centurion approval. I wouldn't risk bringing a blaster to an event. At some (more closed) events people bring their blaster, but you do it at your own risk. There's always a risk of meeting that police officer who's going by the book.

I appreciate the offer allowing me to use someone else's blaster for the pictures. It feels a bit like cheating though, like I'm getting an easy pass. Maybe it's an option to process my application as an offical approval but not assigning the EIB/Centurion rank/badges. That would be fine with me. The reason for me to get EIB/Centurion approval is to know I build my armor up to spec and get the approval of my fellow troopers. 

So these are the thoughts I'm considering. I think I will bring it up on my garrison's forum, see how they think about it. If I'm going to use someone else's blaster I don't want anyone to have an issue with it.

Edited by ScaryGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Those thighs look much better, Theo.

A couple thoughts on the blaster issue...  I bought a DoopyDoos kit on eBay and they shipped it a couple month's later when they had them in stock. I had a confirmed purchase that they had to fill before they listed available open stock on their website, which lasted a few minutes.

For trooping, would you be allowed to use a toy?  I mean a plastic Nerf blaster painted black but still with a big orange tip?  If you can, then get a DD's kit (or borrow a blaster) for your formal pix and then put the blaster on the shelf. Use a toy blaster for trooping with the orange tip. 

This is the Rebels E-11 I bought, painted it black and used it for my basic photos.  I trooped with this for a couple months before I purchased a better on.

Just a thought!

Good Luck, Theo!  We're pulling for you!

• 3 months later...

Hey Theo, thank you for your EIB application. Let's get you approved shall we.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All requested photos are present and your armor meets all the requirements set out for EIB. Sly and myself would like to congratulate and welcome you Expert Infantry! You have a beautiful set of armor Theo. Very well built, great job   :duim:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we'll discuss observations either made by your fellow troopers, Sly or myself. Though the suggestions are to make you look your best none will effect your EIB application. We have a couple areas here we'd like to discuss.

Though not a big issue your left shoulder bell can stand to be little closer, as with your right side. Judging by the back shot it looks to be a simple picture issue. The sniper knee is overlapping the thigh quite a bit. A simple adjustment should help even it out a bit. Again, these are minor

IMG_1103_zps4ta0ptetb.jpg

Butt plate overlapping the thigh, it should sit above it. Again, some minor adjustments should help remedy this

IMG_1091_zpswgvefhhl.jpg

Centurion suggestions:

In this section we try to prepare you for Centurion. Sly, myself or your fellow brothers may suggest areas needing improvement, and we have nothing to add here. Excellent job Theo.   :salute:

Thanks guys! Very happy with my EIB status :smiley-sw013: !

Tony, your extremely detailed build thread gave me the confidence I needed for my first build. Thank you :duim: !

Just to be clear, the recommendations do not affect my Centurion application if I apply now?

As you can see in the picture of my back, the shoulder bells are already touching the back plate. If you look in the pictures below you can see the shoulders on the Anovos front plate are less wide then the back plate. That's why there's still a bit of a gap at the front visible. I can't bring them in any closer to the back plate. Because I'm a small person there's very little distance between the front and back shoulders. For a big person this gap is much wider, allowing more room to bring in the shoulder bells. Also, because the front plate is a bit wide for me the shoulder bells are already catching the edge of the front plate when I raise my arms.

Left shoulder

Right shoulder

Personally I prefer the sniper knee overlapping the thigh. This hides my knee and avoids the sniper plate catching inside the thigh. In this screencap there are also several TK's with the sniper plate overlapping the thigh.

I will look into the butt plate touching/overlapping the thighs. I think I will remove a bit more at the back of the thighs to give the butt plate more clearance. 

Thanks guys for the time spend on all these applications, much appreciated!

Edited by ScaryGuy

Thanks guys! Very happy with my EIB status :smiley-sw013: !

Tony, your extremely detailed build thread gave me the confidence I needed for my first build. Thank you :duim: !

Just to be clear, the recommendations do not affect my Centurion application if I apply now?

As you can see in the picture of my back, the shoulder bells are already touching the back plate. If you look in the pictures below you can see the shoulders on the Anovos front plate are less wide then the back plate. That's why there's still a bit of a gap at the front visible. I can't bring them in any closer to the back plate. Because I'm a small person there's very little distance between the front and back shoulders. For a big person this gap is much wider, allowing more room to bring in the shoulder bells. Also, because the front plate is a bit wide for me the shoulder bells are already catching the edge of the front plate when I raise my arms.

Personally I prefer the sniper knee overlapping the thigh. This hides my knee and avoids the sniper plate catching inside the thigh. In this screencap there are also several TK's with the sniper plate overlapping the thigh.

I will look into the butt plate touching/overlapping the thighs. I think I will remove a bit more at the back of the thighs to give the butt plate more clearance. 

Thanks guys for the time spend on all these applications, much appreciated!

Hey Theo glad my tutorial helped out. As for the recommendations, the ultimate accuracy and appearance is up to the trooper. The recommendations are for appearance and armor comfort. As for the shoulders, again yours are not bad but a making them even tighter if you can is suggested. The butt plate could be as simple as a slight armor adjustment. The thigh suggestion is to help prevent knee cap pinching more than appearance, and none of the above will hinder your L3 app when you apply.   :D

Hey Theo glad my tutorial helped out. As for the recommendations, the ultimate accuracy and appearance is up to the trooper. The recommendations are for appearance and armor comfort. As for the shoulders, again yours are not bad but a making them even tighter if you can is suggested. The butt plate could be as simple as a slight armor adjustment. The thigh suggestion is to help prevent knee cap pinching more than appearance, and none of the above will hinder your L3 app when you apply. :D

Thanks for the explanation Tony. I haven't had any issues yet with the thigh/sniper plate. There's a bit of foam inside the thigh keeping it from my knee cap. I do have a bit of mobility issues at the back of my knees, I can walk stairs but with difficulty (one step at a time). So I will definitly look into the thigh length, especially at the back. But for now, I like to continue with my Centurion application :D .