Doopy T-tracks color?

BILLSID29

In the final stages of my DD build and I'm just wondering what is the correct color to paint the T-tracks? I've checked on the reference and looked thru multiple builds but it looks like there's really not a set color. Are they gloss black, matte black, satin black just not sure. I'm in the process of painting the body Hammered Black now which has a gloss to it so I'll be hitting it with a flat black to knock the shine down so I'm not sure what color to use for them. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

The repro tracks I've gotten have all been kinda satin, with some striations going down the length (from extrusion?). I'd go satin and run some fine sandpaper down each one very lightly once or twice. P.s. I want to try using plastidip spray, but have no experience with it yet.

Edited by charlesnarles

I would stick with flat black enamel for the t-tracks, Bill. The only part that most people use gloss or semi-gloss on is the hand grip.  Also, don't forget that the t-tracks do not get weathered.

• Like 1

As far as I have seen the ones actually used in the movies were painted completely flat black except for the grip that was gloss black.

The weathering and detail work is to make them look like actual Sterlings but as I said movie correct is just flat black.

• 3 weeks later...

I did my tracks flat black and the body has a satin finish.  The tracks don't get lost. I like it because they look like a rubber/plastic material. I also textured the body of my blaster with a spray on truck bed liner.  So that also helped differentiate between material.  I find that using different finishes (satin, flat, semi-gloss) all play a huge part in making the weapon look realistic.

h3Pg3g0.png

RTrv3qx.png

On 3/17/2016 at 8:16 PM, Squimspickle said:

I did my tracks flat black and the body has a satin finish.  The tracks don't get lost. I like it because they look like a rubber/plastic material. I also textured the body of my blaster with a spray on truck bed liner.  So that also helped differentiate between material.  I find that using different finishes (satin, flat, semi-gloss) all play a huge part in making the weapon look realistic.

Wow! :shok:  Blaster looks great! I tried the Testors flat rubber on my DD but it dried with a tint of brown in it so I went with the flat black and then rubbed it hard with a rag and it shined the tracks up nice then I sealed them with a Matte clear finish. Pics a little blurry but you can see a difference

lRjH3bW.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/17/2016 at 11:12 PM, BILLSID29 said:

Wow! :shok:  Blaster looks great! I tried the Testors flat rubber on my DD but it dried with a tint of brown in it so I went with the flat black and then rubbed it hard with a rag and it shined the tracks up nice then I sealed them with a Matte clear finish. Pics a little blurry but you can see a difference

lRjH3bW.jpg

Your paint job on the those T-tracks turned out great!