i need some help

hi im fairly new to the site and im trying to build some armor but i was wondering if there was a tutorial or a mold kit out there that can get me started off right, can anyone help?

and if there was already a topic about this im sorry

How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Body size is a key element.

Bigger troopers will look best in FX or RT Mod

Smaller troops look best in kits like AP, GF, TE, TE2 and TM

Next is a helmet. FX usually comes with a helmet but those are getting phased out.

Modify a MR CE helmet to meet standards and youre set.

Welcome to the FISD, you seem to have money in hand and want the quick answers...

Trust me, read read read. Then spend your money. It will pay off in the end.

When I first came to the forum, I can still remember it was pretty daunting. But, if you are serious about entering the world of the Storm Trooper, the forum is a goldmine of information and materials!

I will admit, I had to spend a good week to really get into it, but since then, I am so glad I did. It's a rather fascinating hobby, and a wonderfuly helpful community.

Smitty up there gave you a good basis to start with, but like was said, its a VERY good idea to read through threads, spend a couple of weeks scouring around on here. I learned ALOT doing that. I read about problems people had with their armor and built mine to avoid those problems. This is def something you dont wanna rush. Re-doin stuff sucks lol Check this thread also:

---------

This was an excellent start for me. Hope this helps!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If all you want is armor then check out Ebay.

If you want to be part of the 501st and have an interest in doing charity work and exploring the world of costuming then - as many who've gone through the same process can attest - as painful and slow as it seams there are no fast answers. There are many choices and many options. There are many parts and many stories.

You can take a quick path but this is also an easy way to make mistakes. I personally have gone down this path and frankly I don't recommend it. :)

Seriously - there is a lot to learn and more than what can be answered in a few emails and posts. The more you know, the better it will get. And yes, we'll be here every step of the way.

Equally critical - hook up with your local garrison. They will be the people in your area that can give in-person help and you'll be trooping with them sooner or later. There is no "army of one" in the Legion. :) This is a great chance to meet folks and see kit first hand.

I would recommend looking at some the of the armor build threads to see what it takes to build the various kits, some are easier than others but that does not mean they look better. AP requires a lot of trimming but its a very good looking set of armor. FX is easier to build but less film accurate. Any check the build threads, you look for mine, Curtis also has a great AP build thread (I forget his TK number). There are vidoes showing FX builds.

All the above advice is really great advice. I spent about 2-3 months reading up on everything stormtrooper before i even got my first set of amour and even then when it turned up some of it was a little daunting.

Im glad i did all that reading first as when i put my trooper armour together i used all the info as best as i could and i havent had to adjust my suit once yet after trooping in it.

So the only advice i would give to you is take onboard what the good people of this site have to offer you, its usually the best advice :duim: