Doopy's E-11 Blaster Kit Build Thread

Looking great. Nice clean build. <br>

Hollowing the scope is a bit risky. I bought a second Doopy scope just in case things went bad when i attempted it but luckily it worked out.<br>

Finding a real scope is possible if you keep your eyes peeled on ebay or here or on the RPF. They have become few and far between these days though. I was able to buy an M19 last year on the RPF but had to buy the DL-44 it came with at $425.00. Actually for a Doopy blaster I personally think the real scopes are far too heavy if you plan on using the blaster for trooping. <br><br>

Keep up the great work.

Update.

Just a few minor details and probably changing the coils to a thicker chord. Found an old phone charger (looks more natural in my opinion).  I think these look a little more realistic. Thoughts? We also added some brass screws to the scope. Painting in the coming weeks after some more cleaning and minor detailing. Finally, we added a PVC pipe inside the barrel and will be adding a wooden piece inside to make it nice and strong. The "sliding bolt" actually slides.

e-11.jpg

e-11-2.jpg

e-11-3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Edited by Prescott

Great Question. I wish I can give you a better answer then the one I am about to give you. I received my spring from Carl (Dougal). He can answer where he received the spring. (I actually tried to find a replacement)

Love it!! The phone cord looks great. Details are looking really good. Question, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get your spring. I would like mine to move as well.

Kevin - Many of us actually make a spring and it is not as difficult as you may think.

T-Jay for example provides some wire in his completion sets, (See link below), which is for making a custom spring.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-kits-like-doopydoo%E2%80%99s-full-resin-kit-incl-worldwide-shipping-and-paypal/

I got a M16 steel bolt, (M16 meaning that it has a 16mm outer diameter), and wrapped the wire around. You can then stretch the spring to give the correct number of visible coils, (11 coils), and cut to the desired length. If you want to see how I made mine have a look at post 216 on my build thread using the link below.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32072-thrawns-guards-anh-e11-blaster-build/page-11

Edited by Thrawn's guard
  • Like 1

The spring is from my local hardware store it was the closest I could get to what I saw in the other build threads. I don't believe the one I used for my e11 and this one Preston is using has 11 coils. I may at some point make a better spring for my e11 but for now these are doing the job splendidly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here we go. Painting. Have Some minor detailing to do... Like the white crayon. But it's coming together nicely.

Black%20Paint.jpg

Black%20Paint%201.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Edited by Prescott

I will be sure to post HIGH QUALITY photos when this is at 100% completion. But, I don't see why a quick shot of matte won't work. Chalk? That doesn't seem as permanent... hmm interesting thought though.

I will be sure to post HIGH QUALITY photos when this is at 100% completion. But, I don't see why a quick shot of matte won't work. Chalk? That doesn't seem as permanent... hmm interesting thought though.

I was saying a quick shot of matte over the chaulk to keep it in place.

Did you need to primer prior to painting? I'm looking and doing a DD build possibly and looking into the threads. I'm also curious if you did layers of silver and black so you can get a weathered look later? Thanks.

Rat,

I used a silver/metallic as Primer for most parts of the gun. The scope is a Bronze Primer. :)

Thanks Dark CMF, me and the old man had a lot of fun. Should be finishing this up this weekend. Then, maybe make a wood stand to keep me busy till my tk kit arrives :)

• Like 1

<br><br>

Rat,<br><br>

I used a silver/metallic as Primer for most parts of the gun. The scope is a Bronze Primer. :)<br><br>

Ah ok. Yeah I was curious if you put down a regular primer, but I suppose that's not super important here.

So today, I was having fun looking at my near complete e-11 and slid my bolt back with real spring and heard a *SNAP* :explodingemotie:

In my hand I held a piece of the  lever attached to the bolt snapped in half. Simple e600 or epoxy to repair? But.. since I like sliding it and having fun with my creation, is there a way to replace this resin lever with a more sturdy version? Aluminum? or grind down a bolt screw to shape? suggestions please and thank you.

Edited by Prescott

I was curious about the strength of the resin parts with the tork of a real spring. I was actually more concerned about the rear end cap cracking but it makes sense with the handle. Maybe a metal bolt with some green stuff molding to get your shape back. Sorry to hear this but it doesn't sound too bad. Good luck with the repairs.

Pictures P! Show us your pain!!! I honestly think that you just need to replace it , not fix it. That piece has to much torque on it to try and glue it and think it will fix it. Lets take a look see before we write it off though!