Doopy's E-11 Blaster Kit Build Thread

It's going to be interesting Sith Lord. I will keep you updated. But I glued a piece of magnet on the rear of the counter (that comes out) Bought some super magnets and will attempt to mount the counter with the resin block. I think I stated this earlier, but if I succeed at this mount, I plan on changing the numbers with my TK number (once approved). That way I can change the numbers manually again.

noob here, from who and where do you order one of these kits? thx in advance

I didn't see anyone answer your question, so just in case you're still looking:

http://www.doopydoos.com/star-wars-props-and-replicas-31-c.asp

There are people on eBay who resell them as well, altho beware of fakes and recasts.

• Like 1

Not sure why Bird is commenting with his stuff on my thread, lol.. but no, not related. The counter came with the kit I bought from a garrison buddy.

The counter is a counter mod I purchased from BlueSnaggletooth here on the FISD. I am very excited to see how he makes it all work while keeping the numbers functional. Great build so far Preston!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL!

Ahh, the hollowing out in the pic above is the mag housing. The counter was complete as is? Gotcha.

This is the same hengstler counter mod you and I purchased from Blue Snaggletooth. I included it with the extra my E-11 kit that I sold to Preston here. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier. For some reason my notifications stopped working for this thread. Preston is why I had asked if you had ever come up with anything creative or functional at least for this mod.

• Like 1

I apologise if you thought I was hijacking your thread, that was not my intention. I am new to prop building and forums of this nature and simply wanted to convey that I am slowly trying to build a project like this and was trying to do the same thing others like yourself have done. I will no longer make a post on your thread and hope that you accept my apology. Best wishes Colin Bird.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I apologise if you thought I was hijacking your thread, that was not my intention. I am new to prop building and forums of this nature and simply wanted to convey that I am slowly trying to build a project like this and was trying to do the same thing others like yourself have done. I will no longer make a post on your thread and hope that you accept my apology. Best wishes Colin Bird.

Colin,

Ian(Sith Lord) wasn't trying to scare you off. He was merely stating you would be better off starting your own thread so everyone can chime in and critique your build in order to make it a better build. Rather then looking for answers through someone else's build thread. Which can lead to confusion. Ian(Sith Lord) is a great guy and will be one of the first and definitely not the last to help you in this fun filled adventure you are starting on! Stick around keep reading Preston's thread. Don't stop asking questions! Many people here have asked questions in someone else's build thread. It's not the end of the world. It is just better to start a build thread and ask the questions there so we can start helping you too, without confusion!

#troopershelpingtroopers

Edited by Dougal
  • Like 1

No worries. As Carl (Dougal) says, certainly didn't want to scare you off - hence why I made sure I answered your question :)

Feel free to post on anybody's thread. That's what forums and discussions are all about. Just keep it in relation to their build - comments/criticism/questions. We love build threads here, so would encourage you to start one of your own. Either just to show off and brag about your skills or ask for help when you need it.

Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

This is the same hengstler counter mod you and I purchased from Blue Snaggletooth. I included it with the extra my E-11 kit that I sold to Preston here. Sorry I didn't chime in earlier. For some reason my notifications stopped working for this thread. Preston is why I had asked if you had ever come up with anything creative or functional at least for this mod.

Gotcha! Will be interesting to see what Preston comes up with. I really should look at amending mine. I'm sure it's just a matter of hollowing out more of the resin counter. Just too many other projects on at the moment, never making it back to the E-11 :(

• Like 2

Gotcha! Will be interesting to see what Preston comes up with. I really should look at amending mine. I'm sure it's just a matter of hollowing out more of the resin counter. Just too many other projects on at the moment, never making it back to the E-11 :(

That is exactly why Preston is building this E-11 and not me! Lol!! To many projects...

• Like 2

Mods!!! Mods!!! Here is my counter magnet mod. I think this will work for a good mount.

As you hopefully can see... I hollowed out a little bit of the resin and attached the counter. In the counter, I attached a simple refrigerator magnet and cut it to shape and applied apoxy on the side of the counter. I bought some super magnets (from the home depot) and applied them to the magnet and inside the resin and on the refrigerator magnet.  

You may notice small holes drilled inside the resin. They are little pockets for the magnets. The appoxy is strong enough to hold the magnets, and still make contact with the 3 magnets on the counter.

I can simply slide off the cover or detach the counter itself to change the numbers manually if I wish at a later time. That's it for now!

Counter%20Mod.jpeg

Counter%20Mod%202.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Edited by Prescott
  • Like 1

That is going to be the real test. But I think from what I felt with just one... 3 are going to be super sturdy. I do not see this coming apart when in a Holster. But when that day comes, I will make sure to test and make changes accordingly.

I don't know if I would go with such a heavy gauge of wire for the power cylinders. a 24 gauge wire is more of what you are looking for

Thanks for the crit. I believe I have a dfferent gauge about half of the current size. :) This is why I post photos. Thanks. 

How did you make the front half of the counter?

Sendt fra min GT-I9506 med Tapatalk

I am not sure what you mean? The front half is the resin. I just cut off the static counter in its place of a real one. 

Here is some updates. Changed the gauge of the wires to a 14. LOVE IT. Thanks for the advice. Looks way better. Scope rail created from a 1/16'' thick aluminum sheet. More mounting. It's coming together. 

Suggestions, Criticism and Comments please. 

Plan on getting some brass screws for the scope, and will be sanding a lot of the parts soon for paint prep. 

20160211_232641.jpg

20160211_232652_HDR.jpg

Edited by Prescott
  • Like 2

I originally was going to hollow out the entire scope to have natural light flow through, but I decided against it. I ordered some decals from trooperbay and will be placing decals on the scope. I will still be putting plexy glass in front the decals to protect them though.

Anyone know where I can find a real scope? Considering that also.

Edited by Prescott