Bay to Breakers 2008 12K

Our garrison participated in the 97th Bay to Breakers race in San Francisco Sunday. This year 2 of my sons joined in the fun and we had a great time. Hardest part was the one large hill on the course. Besides braving the 60,000 participants, usual naked people (mostly old men), endless photos, flying tortillas, Elvises, and throngs of costumed/drinking participants, we complted the 7 mile course this year in 2 hours 35 minutes beating our record last year of 2 hours 48 minutes. We wear running/tennis shoes for comfort.

This year at one of the water stations a woman there doused me with a cup of water which was partially atomized by my cooling fan adding to the already humid conditions in my helmet. Besides pinching in the groin area, my right thigh armor scraped the skin from my knee. Here's a photo of my sons and I, I'm on the left, Zach (16) in TB, and Jordon (TK-8288) or right. We had almost 30 people from the garrison attending in soft armor and as handlers including 9 in armor. It was a great day for a walk across the city by the bay.

B2B2008Ganschows.jpg.d5b0224b2e004b8dc841aea02449b22a.jpg

Don G.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I can't believer you guys wimped out and didn't wear your CaBoots!!! It was only a 7 mile hike. Sad sad:)) LOL. I'm not sure I could hold up for 7 miles in armor, impressive.

Great trooping with you guys! :) It was a fun experience, definitely have to something next time about fogging and adding padding to the cod. The shaffing on the upper/inner thighs was a real pain. I was walking like a cowboy the next day. :lol:

See you at our next troop!

Dan, thanks for posting this up. Yeah it was a great event. I'm looking for a picture picture to update up avatar (picture is from Bay to Breakers 07)

Great pics Don...I don't think I could do that, I'd probably cough up a lung. I used to smoke a pack and a half a day. I quite about two years ago, but I still don't think I'd have what it takes to do that. Cheers.!! :)

This being our third year most folks have modified their armor so the kisses are cut down. However, I do troop this with my FX bucket just in case (so I don't kill my RT lid).

• 1 year later...