ANOVOS TFA Armor Release First Week of 2016?

Yummi

Hyped as much as everyone else I started digging into details on when the armor will be released.

Currently just got done with my Sandtrooper and awaiting approval.

But for the FO armor I'm going to take a gamble and buy a ensembled suit. Not that I can't ensemble but I want to see how different it is. And to be honest I don't feel like bonding at the moment.

So after talking to a ANOVOS rep he stated this "We are excited to tell you, the armor will be released after New Years Day!"

Maybe I'm wrong to assume but, does that imply first week of January?

I got 2k sitting in a savings waiting for the pre-orders lol.

My guess is a ensembled armor set WITHOUT helmet will be $1500-$1900

What does everyone think?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well from the ANOVOS interview the pricing was more like 2700 and that maybe had the nice helmet. We will have to watch it again. The good news is that this suit has more of a range on it for body types than the original TK.

What I think is that your ANOVOS rep was mistakenly referring to the ANH suit that so many people have already paid for (including myself since April), not the FO suit.

Also, if you are looking for a fully assembled FO suit you will likely pay a LOT more than $1500 - $1900. My gut says that if/when it becomes available it will sell in the range of $3000 - $4000, including the new injection-molded helmet. And you'll still be on the hook for sourcing the appropriate boots and blaster.

But I also like Michael's interpretation of "after New Years" and given what we've seen from them I personally think it's spot on. :laugh1:

I can't see it less than $2500 fully assembled. The kits alone were $1800 and then figure you'll pay say at least $10/hour for 40+ hours of labor, then figure the other stuff on top, plus them painting after assembly. I think $3950 using less expensive labor, but I could be very, very wrong. What are they charging for a complete ANH TK?

I can't see it less than $2500 fully assembled. The kits alone were $1800 and then figure you'll pay say at least $10/hour for 40+ hours of labor, then figure the other stuff on top, plus them painting after assembly. I think $3950 using less expensive labor, but I could be very, very wrong. What are they charging for a complete ANH TK?

Everyone is talking about it being $1800 for their kit. Is there any reference video or link you can post? Or is the price just hearsay? I can't believe they would charge that much, if so me and Jim are going to be good friends lmao

Yeah they basically can charge whatever they want at this point, and I won't be surprised if they do. But like I said, there's hope in me that this will still be somewhat affordable for the average working class person lmao.

Lol yeah if the ensembled is more than 2k imma just pass until the hype dies probably and throw the 2k into my truck. But God damnit I will spend this 2k on something LMAO

My first suit of armour was a TK that cost me around $1800 to build. But that also included buying a Dremel and some other tools that I never had. 

The I built a movie clone. I wouldn't say it was much harder, but it was definitely much more work and labour intensive. Even with the tools I bought from the first build, the total cost was still around the $1500 mark. I think it was mostly because of paint and postage fees. Those who live in the Southern Hemisphere have to try and get the bits halfway across the world. Especially for those of us who aren't creative enough or have the resources to make our own parts. 

I would guess a fully built suit would cost upwards of $2500-$3000 - at the very least. 

Everyone is talking about it being $1800 for their kit. Is there any reference video or link you can post? Or is the price just hearsay? I can't believe they would charge that much, if so me and Jim are going to be good friends lmao

This was one of the very first threads posted in the TFA section here at FISD, and should go a long way in providing the hard information you seek. Pay special attention to the video interview of the Anovos CEO in the first post.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30995-anovos-ceo-interview-swca/

Tier 2 for the bravo post celebration group was 1800. That was a 800 dollar jump from alpha. I'd expect tier three general release to be another 800 jump to 2600 and keep in mind they put a disclaimer that alpha and bravo group got prototypes and the production model may vary. The standard helmets are nothing like the fiberglass ones that people in alpha and bravo got. All production sold items will be made in China. <br><br>

Be careful before you throw money out. We all no licensed does not mean accurate. This first batch of standard helmets proves that.

• 2 weeks later...

Tier 2 for the bravo post celebration group was 1800. That was a 800 dollar jump from alpha. I'd expect tier three general release to be another 800 jump to 2600 and keep in mind they put a disclaimer that alpha and bravo group got prototypes and the production model may vary. The standard helmets are nothing like the fiberglass ones that people in alpha and bravo got. All production sold items will be made in China. <br><br>

Be careful before you throw money out. We all no licensed does not mean accurate. This first batch of standard helmets proves that.

Both the Alpha and Beta/Bravo groups paid the exact same amount for our TFA kits. The tiered prices were for the ANH-style armor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I had to guess then. I think it would be something they'd want to push around San Diego Comic Con time.

It gives them lots of time to clean off their current plate of stuff and it gives them an initial audience to really push those sales. 

Of course that's baseless speculation on my part, but that would make the most sense to me if we're not getting it anytime soon.