3D printed First Order blaster on Etsy

I found this offering on Etsy. What do you guys think? Its available unfinished as well. I've never heard of these guys, Heston3DSolutions.

-----------

il_570xN.874117779_9s6j.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Yep, that's my design. At least a former version of it. I've been officially recast. Wohoo...

Edit: I forgot to leave my opinion on the blaster itself. It's rather a nice piece of blaster :P

Edit 2: At least price isn't indecent.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Yep, that's my design. At least a former version of it. I've been officially recast. Wohoo...

Edit: I forgot to leave my opinion on the blaster itself. It's rather a nice piece of blaster :P

Edit 2: At least price isn't indecent.

What makers marks are you using to determine that? Is it just the oversized foregrip?

What makers marks are you using to determine that? Is it just the oversized foregrip?

I agree, it's Germain's early design. It looks like just before the front section changes for the light. I'm building one now and know it, too intimately. Edited by Griffin-X
  • Like 1

Having built one myself, I also agree that it's one of Germain's earlier design. I knew as soon as I saw it, but was waiting for Germain to post before saying anything.

Unfortunate.

• Like 2

Yeah I thought people weren't supposed to commercially sell these things? The idea was to make them for yourself or friends but not charge for it. 

That's indeed the case. 

However, I have slept on it and when i second think about it, there's not much difference between what he's doing and if one would download my files freely and then send them to someone else for printing, via 3DHubs for example. 

Given the fact he's not asking a awful lot of money for a complete print (even if I don't know the quality of it), I'm gonna pass on it and not report him.

• Like 3

That's indeed the case.

However, I have slept on it and when i second think about it, there's not much difference between what he's doing and if one would download my files freely and then send them to someone else for printing, via 3DHubs for example.

Given the fact he's not asking a awful lot of money for a complete print (even if I don't know the quality of it), I'm gonna pass on it and not report him.

Respect for that

I could see why it wouldn't be ok, but because of the circumstances I agree with you. Anyone could do it and he isn't asking for a lot of money compared to other $200+ blasters. I will probably get one and report back to this thread or make another on its quality

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm actually the owner of the shop there. Someone linked me to this thread, i had no idea this forum even existed til about a week ago - I kinda like it here! 

Just to clear a few things up, I was actually originally making a totally different iteration of the blaster, one that I came across from a thingiverse file here: ----------As you can tell, there's definitely more than a few things that are not screen accurate on this particular blaster, but I had no idea when I started making them last august. 

As more screenshots and details surfaced of the new blaster, it became more apparent that I was making something that both was not quite accurate to scale or looks in some aspects. 

Now when I was working on this blaster it wasn't printable from the get go - I spent hours splitting it up into parts, printing them and re-iterating from there, that better suit my printers to build and make sense from a design/manufacturing standpoint. I had already had the file totally split up the way I liked it, but someone I know who is also into cosplay (and probably on this forum, now that I think about it) sent me the files to Germain's blaster.

Because I had the main body of the gun already split up the way I needed it, there was no reason for me to totally use Germain's whole design, but I did admittedly take parts from the scope dials, the stock end, the main trigger guard and the handle safety mechanism, as well as the frame for the grip. I personally built in the system that makes the grip swivel into a foregrip with a set of locking lips underneath the main barrel. 

Now, does that excuse my bad behaviour? Absolutely not, had I known originally where the files came from I would've asked first before running off with someone else's work. I am sure it took Germain some time to draw up the parts that I used, so I figure I might as well give him something in return to apologize.  

I understand Germain is in France, not sure of the legalities of shipping prop "weapons" outside of the US but I'd like to send him one if he doesn't already have one. If he does already have one, we can work out something else perhaps. I also edited the listings to give him credit for his design work. In addition, I would like to offer the community here a promo code: "WHITEARMOR10" that you can use to take 10% off of any future order of the blasters. 

I hope I was able to clear some things up, and hope that you guys can accept my apology. I had no idea there was such a huge fanbase specifically for making these props, this forum looks like an awesome place to be apart of.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 7

Heston, 

This is kind of gesture from you is definitely comforting my mind into thinking I did right by not overreacting too much. I especially like the fact you're taking the whole FISD community into consideration and not only me. This is really a great from you :duim:

Thanks for taking the time to check in here and explain yourself. It's not that much often it arrives.

• Like 2

Heston, 

This is kind of gesture from you is definitely comforting my mind into thinking I did right by not overreacting too much. I especially like the fact you're taking the whole FISD community into consideration and not only me. This is really a great from you :duim:

Thanks for taking the time to check in here and explain yourself. It's not that much often it arrives.

I replied to your message on etsy btw, we should work out getting you that blaster. :) 

• Like 1

I replied to your message on etsy btw, we should work out getting you that blaster. :)

Lol we talked on etsy over Christmas I'm sure you can link my name ;) I initially informed you about the forum. Was just about to buy a blaster

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Kudos gentlemen, on handling things like adults and amicably here on the forums in public. Stand-up behavior always makes situations go more smoothly. Where in Texas are you located Heston?

• Like 3