Resin kit or pipe build for a new trooper

skibum157

Hey guys. I'm brand new to the forum and I've just put an order in for my first helmet and armor kit from ata armor. While the armor is on a wait list, I figured I would Pass the time working on the other components/accessories for my armor. I definitely want to start with an e11 blaster but ivr been struggling to figure out how to begin. I keep hearing mention of resin kits, specifically from doopy doos, but it seems like doopy doos is out of stock of those kits. Is this a permanent thing or will doopy doos restock? Are there other/ better resin kits I should look at instead? Alternatively, I found an instructable for building a scratch built blaster from pvc pipe. Is that a better route to take? <br><br>

I'm just looking for some good old fashioned advice.

Welcome aboard!

The e-11 blaster is VERY popular as you can imagine.

Yes, Doopy's has been sold out for a while. You'll have to inquire with dd's for their estimated restock.

The aluminum pipe build is lighter than the fill resin kit for sure. If you are looking for an accurate e-11 here is another pipe build option from Phoenix Props. Unfortunately, there is a waiting list here as well. Good luck!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28047-phoenix-props-e-11-stormtrooper-blaster-kits-a-new-hope-and-esb/

Edited by cjdesign

I am in the same boat, waiting on my TK kit so I ordered the Doopy pipe kit. Here in the states it has been difficult to find the correct pipe and I work at an irrigation company. 1-1/4" PVC is close but keep in mind that the kit doesn't come with a scope or the counter.

For a small amount more I ordered the full Doopy resin kit and it is much better and looks to be much easier to complete. I checked their site Monday morning to get a second and they were back in stock. You just have to remember to check every day.

To make it even easier you can order a better magazine from Gazmosis? and the completion kit from T-Jay.

I am in the same boat, waiting on my TK kit so I ordered the Doopy pipe kit. Here in the states it has been difficult to find the correct pipe and I work at an irrigation company. 1-1/4" PVC is close but keep in mind that the kit doesn't come with a scope or the counter.

You can buy the original sterling sized pipe here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271650374876?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by cjdesign

For a small amount more I ordered the full Doopy resin kit and it is much better and looks to be much easier to complete.

The full kit includes mostly the same parts as the pipe kit. The full kit needs cleanup and filling of imperfections and is a beast.

The pipe kits requires some metal work but looks cleaner and less weight. my 2 cents

Edited by cjdesign

Doopydoos is indeed often out of stock on the E-11s, but there is a small area right below that where it says "Email me when this product is back in stock".  Fill that out, and they will send you an email.  BUT, the email will mention nothing about the E-11.  It will be a generic email, and when you get it, act immediately.  I have seen them sell out in a matter of a few hours.  Expect at least 30 days for delivery in the US, and do not bother contacting them after you order it, as you will probably not receive a reply.  The kit will arrive, but you will need some patience.

Like I said, I have both kits so if you need any info or pictures let me know. My pipe kit did not include the scope, power cylinders, counter, T-tracks and the folding stock was in two pieces. The full kit includes all of this and the folding stock was one piece. For me as a first timer the full kit is the way to go and is why I ordered a second one and am going to sell the pipe kit with a scope.

The pipe kit comes with the parts for an ESB E-11 minus the scope and the full kit is for the ANH E-11 from what I can tell. Your armor build should determine what E-11 you need to be building.

For one stop shopping get the full Doopy kit, the magazine from Gazmosis and the completion kit from T-jay. You will have everything you need for ANH except for tools and paint and time.

Edited by mikidymac

• 1 month later...

I'm a new member myself, thanks for having me. I just bought the cylinders from Shapeways, and received my dispatch info from doopydoos for my pipe detail kit. Looking for a scope and counter as well. My question is about the templates for the pipe cut out. I found some here but when I printed them, the sizes were off. I have 1 1/4 pvc in my truck as I am an electrician. Too big and they overlapped!<br>

Are these already formated for an average or below average computer user. Any info on the template or missing pieces would be highly appreciated <br>

Thanks in advance <br>

Kevin

Hi Zachary, I bought a Star Wars brand (Orange and white) blaster from Amazon (£20) and painted, weathered it etc, but it's very light and smaller than what a Sterling-based blaster would be, but it was quick and easy to have something reasonable looking.

However, I've also started a scratch build, and i'll be posting that up on its own thread soon.

So far on the build, I've only spent about £5 GBP on pipe and used stuff lying around the garage - steel pipe for barrel within ported sleeve, bits of timber, etc. it'll keep me going for a bit :D