Hmmm... a little help please

Hi all. So I finally made it to the glorious point of submitting my TK pictures. However, I am now being told that I have quite a few problems. When I bought it from my old squad leader I was told that it was a Tupperware AM and not an FX. And some people that I have talked to say that yes, in fact FX buckets are not approvable but the AM bucket made changes to it that made it approvable. In fact, the only thing that most have noticed is that my bucket is larger than the average bucket. Which in my case is good because my head doesnt fit in other buckets and it is proportionate to the rest of me. I would look silly with big armor and a tiny head lol, kinda like a reverse bobble head. So after submitting, I am hearing that I need to change my bucket and there is something wrong with my back and chest plate. Here is what I got back after submitting my pictures.

"Stormtrooper has been reviewed and can't be approved as it stands.

First off the helmet looks like a AM/FX helmet which needs replaced. Excess belt Velcro needs removed, corners on plastic belt need trimmed per crl. The shoulder straps need replaced, the front box part was cut off, it should not have been. The chest bottom has a really weird cut at the bottom, the sides of the back piece were cut way too far in. There is no easy fix for that except maybe replacement of back and chest.

So address above items and resubmit."

Other than the problem with my shoulder straps, I don't see anything that actually goes against the crl for standard approval. And I can see why I need to trim the excess velcro. I never noticed it when I wore it...lol, but yeah, I see how it looks silly having that velcro just there for no reason.

I honestly am not trying dodge the chain of command for submissions or anything, and this is not ment to be a whining post lol... I am just hearing so many different things about my armor that I thought that the best people to ask would be you guys. When most see it in person they tell me that it looks fine. To be honest... if it comes down to it and I have to replace half of my stuff to get TK, I will most likely jump ship and paint it black... I already have $900 into this kit, and I can't spend much more.

Thanks guys, I am interested to hear what you all have to say... good or bad ;)

And here is a link to my submission pics for reference.

---------------

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

You have the AM version 1.0. The FX helmet (not accepted at all), chest and back are not accepted for centurion. The AM 2.0 kit is accepted for all levels. Try reaching out to Trooper Gear for 2.0 replacements. You could always sell it and reinvest in another kit? Good luck!

Edited by cjdesign

You have the AM version 1.0. The helmet, chest and back are not excepted. the AM 2.0 kit is accepted by the 501st. Try reaching out to Trooper Gear for replacements. You could always sell it and reinvest in another kit? Good luck!

But the crl only says that they need to be replaced for level 3. I am only trying to get in as level 1.

Sorry to say your squad mate has done you wrong. As a GML I'd not accept the chest/back or the helmet. I'd also have someone help you adjust the kidney too to fit you better.

A new chest/back will really help the suit look tons nicer.

But the crl only says that they need to be replaced for level 3. I am only trying to get in as level 1.

You are correct....i'm thinking centurion.

The other suggestions are valid though eg. The chest bottom has a really weird cut at the bottom, the sides of the back piece were cut way too far in. Look at the CRL for chest bottom curve  and back side edge reference. The back is missing a lot of material. You may need to use shims to build up more material. The butt/kidney and cod look a little low to me, if raised, this will close the gap between the back and kidney plates. Hope that helps...

Edited by cjdesign

You are correct....i'm thinking centurion.

The other suggestions are valid though eg. The chest bottom has a really weird cut at the bottom, the sides of the back piece were cut way too far in. Look at the CRL for chest bottom curve and back side edge reference. The back is missing a lot of material. You may need to use shims to build up more material. The butt/kidney and cod look a little low to me, if raised, this will close the gap between the back and kidney plates. Hope that helps...

Ahhh... I think I see what you are talking about. If memory serves, when we cut this out we followed the indent line that was on the plastic. I don't see how this could be fixed? Is that just part of it being an AM piece and why you have to replace AM pieces for lvl 3? I think I attached photos of what I think you are referring to... is that right?

Nope... pics didn't go through, but are you talking about the area between the back and shoulder bells and the chest and shoulder bells? And that the curve of the bottom part of the chest is more curved than normal? If yes, then like I said above, I followed the indent lines when trimming.

Sorry to say your squad mate has done you wrong. As a GML I'd not accept the chest/back or the helmet. I'd also have someone help you adjust the kidney too to fit you better.

A new chest/back will really help the suit look tons nicer.

Ok, I understand that per the crl those are not acceptable for level 3, but as far as entry level they meet all the requirements right?

Hi JD... I have some early Christmas presents for you!  I have a spare AM 2.0 chest plate (with straps) and back plate that I can let you have.  I think when you said "indent lines" that you meant the return edges, or slight inward curves found around the rim.  These need to stay in place in many areas, including the bottom of the chest.  Looks as if the back was cut way too narrow next to the OII plate as well.  The 2 pieces I have are correctly trimmed, and got me to basic level, but I replaced them for Centurion.  There may be a few slight scratches, but otherwise they are in really good condition, and the only thing I ask is that you pay for postage.  Let me know via PM if I can help.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 5

Hi JD... I have some early Christmas presents for you! I have a spare AM 2.0 chest plate (with straps) and back plate that I can let you have. I think when you said "indent lines" that you meant the return edges, or slight inward curves found around the rim. These need to stay in place in many areas, including the bottom of the chest. Looks as if the back was cut way to narrow next to the OII plate as well. The 2 pieces I have are correctly trimmed, and got me to basic level, but I replaced them for Centurion. There may be a few slight scratches, but otherwise they are in really good condition, and the only thing I ask is that you pay for postage. Let me know via PM if I can help.

That is unbelievably cool of you. I just sent you a PM.

The 2 pieces I have are correctly trimmed, and got me to basic level, but I replaced them for Centurion.

out of curiously why did you replace them for centurion? with what? :)

Edited by cjdesign

The chest and back plates in the AM 1.0 kit were simply not accurate enough representations of the TK to be awarded Centurion.

Joseph (as I remember it) contacted AM and purchased new pieces of AM 2.0 which have been upgraded by the maker to be accurate enough for Centurion approval.

• Like 1

Hi JD... I have some early Christmas presents for you! I have a spare AM 2.0 chest plate (with straps) and back plate that I can let you have. I think when you said "indent lines" that you meant the return edges, or slight inward curves found around the rim. These need to stay in place in many areas, including the bottom of the chest. Looks as if the back was cut way too narrow next to the OII plate as well. The 2 pieces I have are correctly trimmed, and got me to basic level, but I replaced them for Centurion. There may be a few slight scratches, but otherwise they are in really good condition, and the only thing I ask is that you pay for postage. Let me know via PM if I can help.

We need more good people like you in this Detachment Joseph, what a gentleman!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk