Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

WHAT?! TK Boots gives a cool patch and sticker now?! Man I missed out, but I've had mine for almost 3 years now. They are pretty comfy right from the box too.

Yes, I was surprised too how comfy they were without any liners. They also have stellar customer service as well, considering the mass pressure demand on them right now.

As for the patch, it was a total added bonus that I can't wait to put on a Aviators Bomber jacket with the other patches that happen upon along the way (Trooping jacket)

Edited by Pyrates

Latest update: I have now tried using the same process as before cutting the foam to incorporate the bevel towards the chin, however the sewing machine did not like the bevel and created nasty uneven lines that make the ribs.

Then pretty much destroyed "Mark I" trying to modify it. I was able to salvage the collar so far as to act as a liner for "Mark II". The good news is that I always anticipate for "Jedi mind tricks" and always have a back-up plan. Being a little trooper bound and determined helps too.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

(As heard through an Aker and iComm): "shhtick...uhhh...Mark IV neck seal...shhtick" lol. I should hopefully have my 4th and final seal completed by next Tuesday and finally happy with the level of accuracy.

• Like 1

Mike probably got tired of me ordering extra sheets of ABS 2 different times. Now finish that bucket trooper!

Lol - AP bucket and armor kit will hopefully be here by Mid January to beginning of Feb - so freakin excited! It will be like 2nd Christmas. The first thing I'm gonna do when it gets here is go grab a case of beer and party like it's Saturday night - got to christen it in eh

You'll probably get yours before the ANOVOS people :laugh1: LOL... shots fired!

Yes, had there not been a tremor in the force I would have been in Tier 3. I still plan to get FO Armor from them - Tony and Clint got me hook, line, and sinker on a HWT lol - cheers!

Mark IV neck seal? What are you doing with the previous 3? How come we never hear about what happens to the previous versions when they fail? Why are stormtroopers left handed? Why does everything in outer space still fall down in movies? Why is the sky blue? Why... Oh you get the idea lol

• Like 1

Mark IV neck seal? What are you doing with the previous 3? How come we never hear about what happens to the previous versions when they fail? Why are stormtroopers left handed? Why does everything in outer space still fall down in movies? Why is the sky blue? Why... Oh you get the idea lol

Lol - I will be posting the epic fails tonight mate.

After taking near a year to build my armor, I didn't even want to bother assembling a blaster or soft parts so I just paid

Don't blame you at all - I'm just trying to save $100 - $140 (after dollar exchange and shipping to Canada)

The only reason I'm going the extra mile is because it's a Hero and I want to look accurate even with bucket off.

I think I'm being anal because I'm aiming for Centurion. Really most of it will be covered by my bucket anyhow when trooping - think it boils down to a matter of principle in my mind lol.

After taking near a year to build my armor, I didn't even want to bother assembling a blaster or soft parts so I just paid 

If I have time to build something I will, if I don't, TAKE MY CASH$ and give me my toy  :D

• Like 4

Stand by copying and pasting!

Dear valued customer,

This is to inform you that all armors are being formed and everything will be ready by end of next week, we will then start the rough trimming and packing process therefore you can send balance so we can process your order. All untrimmed kits will ship first then the fully trimmed kits and lastly the fully assembled orders since these require most time.

All USA and Oversea orders are shipped to my partner in the USA who will ship to you, this is mainly to avoid delay problems we had in the past were many packages were held at customs for over 45 days, we never had a problem since and you won't have to worry about any taxes and import fees! Please make sure shipping address is correct as we will ship to address listed on paypal or the one you supplied, if different please advise.

• Like 2

Cha-Ching! Imperial credits paid! And dually noted Mark's excellent customer service - just wish he did the bubble lenses and hero ears too. None the less even more ooberly stoked for my big brown box. - Thanks Mark (AP)!

Right then, here are my previous failed neck seals and why they were scrapped:

Mark I -

02e01993788811c6cb4961a87e15a516.jpg

First attempt: 1 week to complete - Scratched for: Bib lifting off of my chest due to incorrect stitching at collar (due to the material -jacket liner fabric-I could not use a stitch ripper to undo what I had done) and no bevel towards the chin as shown in the CRL.

Edited by Pyrates

Mark II - short lived - 

It was constructed similar to the first except this time the foam incorporated the bevel towards the chin by creating a template.

1b0e6a8fd447cc2788532d6ab588f83e.jpg

2 days - sorry no pictures of my horrendous outcome (lucky me it was embarrassing) - Scratched for: very uneven/poor line stitching, material wrinkle on ribs, the sewing machine hates beveled foam. 
081990c4db2adb28a0a81be4fee0c663.jpg
aab7d7b93a1d92b52538b4334a88ab3e.jpg

Edited by Pyrates

Mark III - Resurrect Mark I with modifications -

So with an epic failed 2nd attempt, I thought if I stitch the bevel into my first attempt and cut out the bevel I may be in the clear - however the thought in mind did not translate well into application and I did not stitch wide enough nor tight enough seal the foam exposing the modification. No worries I will just color the foam to blend in using a sharpie - uh...ya-no. When applying the permanent marker the tip made the material fray - right then no biggie I will just seal it lightly with hot glue....................................................................................................

You know that scene where the stormtrooper hits his head on the door

Yup that was me living that moment

So I got sloppy with the hot glue which was really visible and thought now I have to try and cover this. Right! I seen this really thin rib-looking rubber mat at a liquidation store for $9...
I will let the pictures tell the rest of this bad to worse scenario.

26792fb6b43c370704735558f3e73b74.jpg
5b1ca6e9dbc1e63de6d1c9b0a33fcdde.jpg
d04c6596436e5ff221a34653368a1cd2.jpg
e95652c0d365ae1d52f6e8f6d86ff985.jpg
35040e6b126bd961ae6211d0d779fee4.jpg
6a3ff552e0ab5faeefd784f5dd0ad79e.jpg

2 days - Scratched for: #1 the obvious lol, collar became too rigid, non-breathable, non-accurate ribbing, and stitching very visible.

Edited by Pyrates